[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BIT Torrent Client
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 204x204) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 204x204
I Use Tixati v2.34 to download torrents but i was wonder if /g/ could give some tips on which other software I could use for this? Or how I can optimise Tixati for max performance?
Also i'm new to /g/ as i'm normally a /b/ro and i'm not a tech savy fag so go easy on me. Make my first time special
>>
>>54760540
>inb4 error spotted
wondering*
>>
I use qbittorrent. Nothing fancy but I like it.
>>
>>54760540
>Make my first time special
How about you read the sticky, you dumb cunt? We have a wiki to avoid these silly threads
>>
>>54760540

Tixati isn't the worst client, but I've found it is blacklisted by many private trackers due to errors, and it isn't open source (though, I give them props for having a Linux version).

The clients you wish to use, as far as iI'm concerned, are Deluge, Transmission, KTorrent (maybe the newly updated version, not the one from a year or two back), and last and least, QBitTorrent.

All of the above are open source which is important when you're downloading using something that many feel is a gateway to piracy and thus should be spied upon, targeted etc. That said, Deluge and Transmission are frequently updated, cross platform, and full featured. They pretty much set the standard these days for a FOSS torrent client and are accepted just about everywhere, regarding trackers. KTorrent, part of the KDE suite wasn't updated for a long time, but they recently released a (maybe alpha or beta ) build on the newest QT and whatnot. It too is a KDE/QT equivalent to Deluge's GTK, and is a great client. Lastly, QBitTorrent is FOSS is meant to be a FOSS version of uTorrent without the spying and other shit, but I can't get over some of its crappy features compared to Deluge/Transmission - namely Blocklist support.

Every other major FOSS Torrent client can update from a URL, using zip/gzipped files as well as uncompressed formats, uand updates on a fucking schedule or on demand. QBT can do none of this shit. For years, they've done none of this. No, I don't want to use a whole bunch of global IPTables rules or PeerBlock when I only want stuff applied to my fucking torrent client. It isn't like the other clients aren't FOSS, so why the everloving fuck can't qBT do so? Hell, Azureus did so back in the early 2000s. So yeah, that kind of stuff is a reason I don't use qBT.

Deluge and Transmission are your safest bets, and work out from there.
>>
File: 1442708559856.png (145 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1442708559856.png
145 KB, 700x700
satan logo
>>
>>54760540
Transmission
>>
>>54760540
Tixati is as good as it gets lad
>>
>>54760540
qbittorrent on windows.
deluge on linux.
rtorrent + webui on my mediaserver.
>>
>>54760540
deluge is my pick, transmission was cool but at one point a release got hijacked and there was malware in it something like that, also iirc it's still hosted on sourceforge which is trash.

deluge is also available on every platform and arguable just as performant as anything else out there - it's based on rtorrent
>>
>>54760540
bittorrent is the worst botnet of the world, please don't use it...
>>
>>54764196
qbittorrent stopped fucking working and forced me to switch to deluge on windows as well.
>>
i'm personally using deluge on Windows and transmission on Linux (since it came with the distro)
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.