[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people always have a nostalgia trip over this piece of shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
Why do people always have a nostalgia trip over this piece of shit?
>>
>>54757257
I nostalgia'd last week when I found putt putt the car on steam. Doesn't mean it was a good game though.
>>
>>54757257
>nostalgia
i'm using it right now. fuck off
>>
>>54757257
Nothing I rolled with win2k
>>
>>54757415
It was alright.
>>
I just bought age of wonders 3 because it's on sale. It plays exactly the same as the first one. Nostalgiaing bigtime.
WinXP shit won't cause me to shed a tear though, fuck that piece of crap. In fact, fuck all windows. Noobbuntu all the way!
>>
>>54757257
Because it performed significantly better than vista, so they think it was amazing.

It's a good OS and I still have it on one of my laptops. Fucking space pinball is goat af.
>>
File: msn_butterfly-sized_pos.jpg (4 KB, 70x66) Image search: [Google]
msn_butterfly-sized_pos.jpg
4 KB, 70x66
best browser
>>
>>54757257
OP Confirmed for 15 year old
>>
>>54757257
Because windows got worse at each update

XP was the peak windows quality
>>
>>54757257
Because after XP, they decided to make /worse/ operating systems

2k3 was the best full version of Windows. WinFLP is great for virtual machines, because it's so light.

And 10 is just fucking Orwellian telescreens everywhere.
>>
XP sucked. they all suck. every operating system ever sucks except for super nintendo OS.
>>
>>54757752

Windows likes to hash out pre-alpha OS's as full releases.

>CE and XP
> Vista and 7
> 8 and 10

This causes people to say "OMG wow Windows got good again haha screw you crapple!" However, the facade is wearing off.
>>
>>54757476
Fucking this
I used Win2000 for years.

I remember poo-pooing windows XP because it had such high ram requirements. I didnt want to dump a ton of money into my PC, I was using a lot of parts from thrown away computers.

A whole gig of ram cost a fortune back then.
>>
>>54757818
>the facade is wearing off.
With forced upgrades? I rest my case
>>
>>54757818
>CE and XP

They're not even a little bit similar.

>>>/reddit/
>>
File: 1460029148440.png (343 KB, 671x1047) Image search: [Google]
1460029148440.png
343 KB, 671x1047
>>54757639
Well, it performed better on shit hardware that originally used to run Windows 98. Many of the hardware manufacturers from late 90s weren't in business anymore and so the "Vista is bad" meme was created.
There was no support for ancient hardware that company that made it didn't exist anymore and since Vista wasn't just service pack for XP, new drivers were needed.
The drivers nowadays won't even install on newer versions of Windows even if they would probably work alright. Pretty much thanks to the fact that companies get bought out instead of disappearing, so some kind of support is guaranteed.
Also nowadays, normies are used to buying a new laptop every two years. Usually because they "need it portable" to move it once a year from the table and they usually buy shittiest notebooks that destroy themselves after 2 years and one day, i.e. one day after they can get it replaced for free.
That's pretty much why Vista was failure for normie market.
But no need to worry, normies usually find the shittiest excuses why not to use the new OS, and then in two years install it anyway. Happened with Windows 8.
>>
File: 1451304952267.png (28 KB, 158x158) Image search: [Google]
1451304952267.png
28 KB, 158x158
Because for most people on this board it was the first real operating system they attempted to tinker with.
>>
>>54757818
>>54758033
And don't try saying that you misspelled ME, because that has nothing to do with XP either.
>>
>>54758059
there were a retarded amount of brand new machines with Vista loaded on them that had no right being sold with it, hardware that'd fly with XP and choked on Vista
and either way, Vista really was a fucking hog for no good reason compared to XP, the sysreqs were an obnoxious 4x higher

It wasn't all bad though. I bought a laptop from Dell with Vista on it that ran perfectly fine (until it stopped booting out of the blue one day, so I just went and installed Win7), but I'd seen other people with brand new machines (ones they hadn't yet managed to install fucking every bit of adware and toolbars and shit they could) with Vista running like a dog.

>>54757882
man, having stupidly bought a machine with WinME on it in '99, installing XP on the thing was a godsend, even with how little RAM it had (I can't remember, it might have been as little as 128MB, which sounds about right for '99)
wasn't the fastest thing alive, but before I had that machine, I had a box with maybe 16MB RAM from 1994 and a 2GB HDD running Windows 95, god that shit was slow
>>
>>54757792
The SNES had no OS.
>>
>>54758059
Your fanboyism seems to have blanked out the memory leaks Vista had on release
>>
>>54757257
Because everyone on this board is a teenager
>>
OS/2 was very decent. It was the best Windows operating system as it was much more stable than XP.
>>
>>54759321
Did later versions of OS/2 even support a Windows compatibility layer?
>>
>>54757257

Because they are too young to remember windows 3.1
>>
>>54757257
Compared with WindowsME Xp was, after SP2, a very usable and well-supported OS.
The delay because of the failure of the follow-up OS meant there was a longer than usual delay before Vista arrived to a very luke-warm reception.
This all had the effect of making Xp the only Windows many people ever used or wanted to use.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.