[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In today's episode of "Rob gets stuck with fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: thanksAmish.png (97 KB, 807x577) Image search: [Google]
thanksAmish.png
97 KB, 807x577
In today's episode of "Rob gets stuck with fucking amateurs", Amish decides to comment out my 13 line function and replace it with his 38 line abomination, including his signature move - the while(true) loop with an if-else condition containing only "break;" inside it. He also makes his own type called "StringArrayWithSize", containing, yes you guessed it, an "arrayOfStrings" and a "size"

I hope he doesn't step up his game because he could do serious damage.
>>
There's nothing wrong with that code
>>
Did you let him know what you think?
>>
>>54756981
People won't improve unless you tell them why what they are doing is wrong. Don't be passive aggressive and just help the guy be a better coder.
>>
File: 1454456921338.gif (858 KB, 240x228) Image search: [Google]
1454456921338.gif
858 KB, 240x228
>>54756981
>the while(true) loop with an if-else condition containing only "break;" inside it
Absolutely disgusting
>>
>>54756981
His version is shitty but at least it's correct.
>>
>>54757328
>>54757372
Yeah I just told him it was shit and I was reverting his changes. Then I took a bunch of photos on my phone of relevant pages from "Clean Code" by Robert Martin and sent them to him

>>54757535
>>54757015
They both pass the tests but that's not the what craftsmanship is about. One is good and the other is an affront to common decency.
>>
>>54757620
I'm actually incredibly shit at C, I started learning 2ish weeks ago.

But writing nice looking code is independent of language, nice code is nice because of the way the intention of the author is clearly expressed and the variable names are pronounceable and aren't filled with superfluous garbage like "str" and "array".
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.