[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Windows 10 Horror Stories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 220
Thread images: 43
File: Windows-10-logo.jpg (42 KB, 645x484) Image search: [Google]
Windows-10-logo.jpg
42 KB, 645x484
This thread is for anything you've experienced upgrading to windows 10

I'll start
>Two of my family PCs have upgraded without permission.
The first one's wireless usb card drivers didn't work. There aren't even any comparable drivers avaliable for it. I even tried different chipsets to no avail. Ended up buying a new card even though the card was only 6 months old.

Second one kept crashing for no apparent reason. Booted into safe mode and crashes persisted. Most of the time they were freezes that didn't unfreeze so there was no useful information from event or crash logs. Disabled every driver and it seems to crash less with the on board Graphics driver disabled. Still haven't found a fix.
>>
>>54756780
I built an SSD into the laptop of my grandfather because it was booting 5 minutes and the only bottleneck seemed to be the HDD.
Also installed Win10 because he wanted that.

Win10 needed about 2 minutes to boot from the SSD and I had no clue why, poked around a bit and found out that it was caused by the AMD driver for the extra GPU.
So I uninstalled the driver, rebooted the PC and it took about 15 seconds to boot.

While working on the next probems I notice that the screen flickered for a second and immediately had a bad feeling... turned out Windows 10 re-installed the AMD driver in the background.

End of the story was that I had to uninstall the AMD driver, shut down the PC before Windows could reinstall it and switch off the GPU in the BIOS so Windows couldn't find it anymore.
>>
Do fresh installs have better stability or are most drivers just incompatible?
>>
>>54756780
>Windows 10 Horror Stories
I have none :^) Most people I know either keep updates disabled or just use cracked 7 Enterprise :^) I told them to do so :^)
>>
Don't really have any.Using 7 now though with dual boot Xubuntu

dunno OP

I guess something happened may have been my worse once
>>
File: 1447131077831.jpg (10 KB, 250x238) Image search: [Google]
1447131077831.jpg
10 KB, 250x238
>>54756780
I just voluntary upgraded to windows 10
>mfw people think you can escape the botnet
>>
>upgraded to win10
>disabled the metric gathering portions I didn't want to use
> installed all my applications.

Works perfectly. Honestly the best OS release they've had since XP.
>>
>>54757587
>>54757655
here's your 10 rupees
>>
>>54756780
one time i installed windows 10
>>
Nothing horrible happened, but it was a huge let down. I don't feel like I got anything worthwhile for the bother. It irked me that enabling Cortana would make MS privy to everything I did via that search bar, even if it was using it to find files or launch programs, so I never used it. I tried a couple of the apps but they were generally shit. Groove Music is a scam. Edge didn't hold a candle to any proper web browser. Mail glitched out with my GMail IMAP account. At the very best, I gained nothing from the only semi-unique feature of Windows 10.

Updates practically every day. Why so many updates? What's so important as to wake my computer at 3am? I guess it was the mess of crap that took 1.5GB of memory in the background just to run.

It did what little it needed to. It didn't fail me. It just unnerved me that they're so desperate to push this on people when it offers so little. You're driving people mad to give them nothing. Nutella. That can't be a good sign. Thank Gnu for Linux.
>>
>use gnu/linux
>no botnet malware
feelsgoodman.svg
>>
File: nothing.jpg (70 KB, 248x252) Image search: [Google]
nothing.jpg
70 KB, 248x252
>>54757655
same, don't see why people are bitching when you can just literally block MS ip's in your router settings and never bother with that shit again.

Mite aswell complain about people entering your house when you leave the door open or watching you when you don't close the blinds.
>>
File: 333.jpg (495 KB, 1917x1080) Image search: [Google]
333.jpg
495 KB, 1917x1080
>>54756780
>>
>>54757655
I installed win10, I disabled everything.
There was nothing special about it. I have zero use for all of the extra horse shit they added like Cortana and the Store.

Then it automatically updated, and I realized that it had reset all of my metric settings.

Im not going to have an eternal battle fighting my fucking OS with mandatory updates and telemetry settings, so I went back the windows 7.
>>
>>54757952
1337 xD
>>
A friend of mine just asked me to change his toshiba lap OS from windows 10 to windows 7... I will return it fully loaded with windows 7 this saturday
>>
>>54758089
At least W7 SP1 I hope.
>>
>>54758102
Yeah enjoy getting hacked
win7 sp2 is superior
>>
>>54756780
>be a non-retarded person
>upgrade to windows 10
>everything just works
Never had a problem with it.
>>
File: 1360107976400.jpg (618 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1360107976400.jpg
618 KB, 1600x1200
my window ten terror storie

>my brother, he considers unsing window ten
>i give brother slap
>he no long consider using window ten

it was close to call
>>
>>54756780
>Upgraded to Win10 on July 27 using force upgrade
>True imaged to an SSD
>no issues ever

Seriously, how do you neckbeards always seem to have issues?
>>
>>54758297

Similar experience to this except was already on an SSD and did it on the 29th.

Only issue ever was about 2 months ago where they messed up xbox one controllers on windows when you would unplug them. Lasted for about 2 days that was it.
>>
>>54756780
>windows 10 horror stories
>upgrade to Windows 10
>everything works fine
>no driver incompatibilities, software works fine
>tweak and customize it to my liking, everything has worked smooth and fast since

I know reading this must horrify /g/
>>
>>54758265
... that's not a bad idea of storing extra cables.
>>
>>54758297
>>54758349
>>54758427

Same. This is where /g/ accuses you/me of lying and recommends installing linux.
>>
>>54757773
Most of the real gains are under the hood. Windows 10 is a lean beautiful machine under the metro UI.
>>
https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/53741805
nuff said
>>
>>54758132
>everything just works

Fuck your mother.
>>
My dad's laptop stealth upgraded to 10. Every "app" takes at least ten seconds to load, even shit like paint, solitaire, and calculator. It's like every program is a flash game loading in a pop-up window over dialup. He doesn't even give a shit because he bought a macbook and only uses the windows POS once a month or so.
>>
File: 1459756284982.png (35 KB, 368x577) Image search: [Google]
1459756284982.png
35 KB, 368x577
>>54756780
>>
>Updated my laptop from W8.1 to Windows 10
>All good.
>Wifi issues
>About to download drivers
>Oh Windows Updated is doing that for me.
>No more wifi issues
>Read about the botnet
>Meh i dual boot linux

6 months pass.

>New pc i have to install windows.
>I dont pirate if is not worth it...windows certainly isnt.
>Oh my uni gave me 3 editions, pro, education and single language volume licence.
>Install W10 Education.
>No problems at all
>Drivers installed and updated on first boot
>Since in using edu edition ask me for a uni mail.
>Automatically adds me to their evil Insider program.
>Dev acces to a bunch of shit
>Hey look, i can debot the thing a bit!
>Those evil jews...

Only major problem ive had is Viper4Windows but the shit is worth it.

Now fucking office 2016 is garbage. Im still using 2003 portable or 2007 master race
>>
>connecting a keyboard via USB causes the computer to reboot
>wi-fi often doesn't work after waking from sleep mode, requiring a reboot
>installed the wrong wi-fi drivers during an automatic update, had to install the correct ones from a USB drive
>disc read speed once dropped to single bytes per second despite being an SSD

Just fuck my operating system up. At least it's not 8, I guess.
>>
>trying to upgrade
>no gwx.exe
>all updates installed, original copy
>google not helping
>literally scour the entirety of the Internet
>none of the answers work
>the search continues for days
>it's 10 days past the release already
>very sad, considering contacting support
>then it shone on me
>reinstalled IE, restarted pc
>instantly everything works
>upgraded right away

Was super scary, thought they wouldn't let me upgrade for some reason.
>>
>>54758765
You can just download the installer from microsoft.com, so did this really happen?
>>
>>54758790
None of the downloaders that were available back then worked. All simply failed to run, same as gwx.exe.
No error code, no nothing. Process instantly terminates once started.

Guess why? These were all IE-based applications.
No IE means it won't even run.

I'm betting it has changed since, but that's how it was on release.

The worst part?
Microsoft didn't even bother mentioning that anywhere, on support pages or otherwise.
>>
An almost horror story that would have cost a lot in terms of downtime restoring backups if i hadn't caught it...

My job means i need to keep a 32bit machine on the internet, and it has to be 32bit because i work with various ancient, proprietary, non-free (in any sense of the word) software that is prone to sperging out on 64bit or requires a live connection or updated or... I work with PLCs okay, they suck, the software really sucks and they are touchy about what they will run on.

I use windows 7 for this because hey, it just werks for the task and when it doesn't i have a 486 laptop running dos 6 as well.

Wake it up one morning because i have an s7 200 to pull the program from and there it fucking is, Ready to Upgrade!

Never so fast has GXW control panel been installed..

I mean, you'd think common sense alone would mean the updater wouldn't try to force a 64bit os upgrade onto a 32bit machine but there it was. I'd already patched the office machines because they were on windows 7 64bit but i left the 32bit machines because... well, again, who fucking forces a 64bit os onto something specifically set up on 32bit? People didnt buy 32bit windows 7 on a whim, i was bought for reasons and ignoring that is the stupidest thing I've seen yet.

I wonder how many 'broken' upgrades are as a result of this idiocy by the microsoft devs?

>someone will defend this
>>
>>54758888
I'll defend it by saying "Isn't there a 32 bit version of W10?"
>>
Windows 8 and 10 are unmitigated disasters. They reek of normie-tier shit OSs that were created because millennials want their computers to be more like their smartphones.

Windows 7 is honestly their best OS since XP. I don't know why they were in such a hurry to shove out this shit when it clearly isn't even fucking ready yet, considering we're a few months into release and there's still constant updates EVERY. FUCKING. DAY.
>>
>>54756780
>ITT
Wincucks on suicide watch
>>
>>54758931
If there is i will apologize to microsoft no wait fuck microsoft in the ear anyway.

Regardless, is there a 32bit windows 10? Was pretty sure i read that 32bit was dropped with windows 8?
>>
>>54758965
Just googled it, yeah there is
>>
>>54758965
Hah no there is holy shit.

Bear in mind though, these are 64bit laptops - the hardware would have taken the 64bit upgrade quite happily. My problem was the £10k in various brands of software that would have bitten the dust in the process. Sure i have backups i can restore from but thats cold comfort standing in the middle of a factory while your toughbook cheerfully tells you 'just a few more moments'.
>>
Manage quite a few business class tablets running windows 7. We use them for MRP, process flow, inventory, time clock, job tracking ect ect. They all have a 64 gig ssd and are rather low on space. Last year they all ran out of space pritty much near the same time and lots of our applications just stopped working, quite often the tablets simply froze.

Turns out it was windows deciding to download a huge ass update for windows 10 without even looking at how much free space there was, I had to sleep at the office for a couple days cleaning it all up. Cost the company six figures (far more than the value of the tablets) because people could not do there jobs and we missed a contractual obligation to deliver a product on time. At least I got the go-ahead to upgrade the ram and ssd's in the tablets. They are all rocking 16 gigs of ram and 1tb ssd's now, still on windows 7 ^_^
>>
>>54758888
those are some noice number m9

anyway, it is not really microsoft faults you work with shitty software. However why not use a VM for that kind of work?
>>
>>54757153
It's the latter. Most common issue with 10 is the sound drivers. Considering /g/ wants it for gaymen that's a big no no. Corporate fags are stuck on XP or 7 anyway.
>>
>>54759100
I'd like to, be able to clone the damn licenses while i was at it, but the boss is not keen. As in told me flat out not to do it.

He's the kind of guy who makes backups of drives from old laptops onto the desktop of his current pc, then when he upgrades he backs the old pc up into a folder on the desktop of the new one.

Which is obviously helpful when you need a PCB layout last printed 10 years ago.

I love my job, but the computer situation gives me the major sperg.
>>
>>54758888
Tried learning plc software and found out I'm technologically retarded feels bad man...
>>
>>54756780
I'll share too:
>Updates too often.
>Fingerprint driver that was working in 8.1 stopped working. Had to go to manufacturer's website to fix it (rather than the company that made the laptop)
>had to reinstall ccleaner and a few others
>overall doesn't look better or feel faster
>Had to install classic shell again since the new start menu is the worst one yet

My desktop has a win 8.1 partition that i don't think I'll upgrade. Maybe win 11 will be better.
>>
>>54756780
Frequent crashes
Botnetting
Shit UI
Severe lack of customization options

Windows 10 is genuinely bad.
>>
>>54758459
Liar. Install TempleOS.
>>54758695
I used office 2000 until about 2014 when i got 2013.
It seems like the same shit to me
>>
>>54759245
PLC software makes even smart people feel retarded.

Now imagine how someone who's already not very smart feels when confronted with ladder... I'm a solder and scope guy at heart but I'm being forced to learn PLCs anyway. And boy do i feel dumb staring at those horizontal lines.

STL is at least logical but not all programs let you use it.
>>
>>54759308
Oh yeah, and it tried to update my printer's FIRMWARE every time the microsoft update ran.

It failed every time because the firmware it was trying to install was older than what is currently on the printer.
>>
>>54759242
I do that too, I don't trust anyone, even myself

Feel for you man, strayed EE here, would love to work with controllers again
>>
File: 564.webm (218 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
564.webm
218 KB, 480x270
>>
>>54759413
updates were the only reason I switched from XP/7 to Debian, and now I'm glad I missed out on the whole botnet story.
>can't turn off
>slow startup
>stuff breaking
>reboot at worst possible time in the middle of long running task

Still can't decide whether I'm a control freak or automatic updates are the plague.
>>
>>54757719
A bone chilling story in six words

Bravo.
>>
Getting the stub received bad data out of nowhere when trying to open shortcuts or the task manager, the second time it works fine though.

What the fuck is this shit.
>>
I Upgraded to 10.

10 kept redownloading and reinstalling the nvidia driver. I disabled it and boom. Everything works great.

THE HORROR!
>>
>>54757681
Here's your ten memees
>>
File: 1279885613428.png (96 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1279885613428.png
96 KB, 500x500
Personal life; none. Friends and family all have 10 and I haven't had any trouble supporting it for them.

Work; 10 deployment is blocked on all company machines but it's a conglomerate environment with independent companies often having their own devices floating around in the environment. Two machines have made the auto-jump and naturally the shitty, ancient, in house software we use in the background of the company because management is cheap, near-sighted, and tech ignorant, refuses to function and we had to roll it back ourselves despite it being a third party machine or let the diagnostics and quality assurance departments flounder.

So guess what we had to spend a couple of hours doing...

Not that bad, but still... Fuck you Microsoft... Really?
>>
Win10 refresh removed TAPI drivers for my answerphone modem setup. Thanks MS!
>>
>>54756780
windows 10 is the best OS microsoft has released yet.

prove me wrong.
protip: you can't
>>
>>54756780
I was planning on upgrading my Win 7 gaymen PC to Win 10, but from everything I am reading shows the Nvidia drivers are shit for Win 10, people in the forums are complaining of massive FPS decreases with the GTX 970 after upgrading, have any of you noticed this too?
>>
>>54757880
but you cant use good software or even play any games. I'm not even a gamer but i do play a game
>>
>>54760444
Come out of the closet.
>>
>>54760444
>good software
like what?

>games
Steam
>>
>>54760444
whatever makes you feel better
>>
File: OP.jpg (80 KB, 655x449) Image search: [Google]
OP.jpg
80 KB, 655x449
>>54756780

1. I'm sorry your family and their computers belong in a retirement home? If the Manufacturer no longer supports your machine [aka Win10 Driver Releases] it's time to upgrade. Or just buy a fucking external wireless adaptor for $20.

2. If your machine's hdd is actually crashing from the extremely lightweight Win10 update that just proves your hardware is ancient.

Protip: Try sandboxing, compatibility mode, or driverV on your wireless win7 drivers, that should solve your problem. Or continue to bitch about how Win10 is some horrible OS, even though it optimizes and improves on every aspect of Win7.
>>
>>54760407
>>
>>54760587
i dont see whats wrong with this freetard. why dont you show me the alternatives before you shittalk the best.
>>
>>54760489
i can't play diablo 3 on steam

inb4 wine. no just no
>>
>>54760625
Shouldn't you be shitting in the street somewhere
>>
>>54760672
no because unlike you i have a day job that allows me to afford a toilet, let alone my own series of real estate investments.
>>
>>54756780
why is it that /g/ is the only place on the entire internet or face of the earth where 9/10 people can't figure out an operating system designed for 60 year olds that literally installs itself?
>>
Works on my machine.
>>
>>54760672
You know,all of this talk about street shitting got me curious,so I tried it.Gotta admit,it's pretty liberating.Those curry-squirters are on to something .
>>
>>54756780
What wireless usb card was that? Pic?
>>
File: 1389226587746.png (603 KB, 683x866) Image search: [Google]
1389226587746.png
603 KB, 683x866
I just installed it today... Works better than 7 or 8 tbqh, I just want to get that Halo5 later this year when they give it away for free

Also running a packer sniffer and manually blocking any traffic, I think it'll be okay
>>
>>54760641
I use two computer one that is Windows 7 dedicated to gaymen and the other is Linux Mint for everything else, because wine and VM suck and I can't be bothered to steam.
>>
>Start upgrade process
>Upgrade takes 16+ hours
>Stuck at loading screen, "getting your apps ready" or some bs.
>Get pissed off, hit the hard reset button
>Boots to desktop, but everything is fucked up
>Black background, icons dont work
>whatevs
>Restart and boot from USB with ISO I installed earlier
>Clean install
>Everything is fine now.

A few niggles here and there, but overall W10 has been ok. Not great, not terrible. Just ok.
>>
>>54760683
So how many rupees do you get shilling windows 10 on 4chan?
>>
File: Jared.jpg (515 KB, 849x779) Image search: [Google]
Jared.jpg
515 KB, 849x779
Daily reminder
>>
>>54756780

Alright OP. Lets put this whining to rest.

I'm calling bullshit. Shoot us the machine, or wireless card, or drivers your attempting to incorporate into Windows 10.

99% sure that you're just whining because you somehow can't figure out the easiest OS to date.

Unless your machine's 7+ years old, there shouldn't be a problem. Give us some goddamn specs or GTFO.
>>
>>54758499
I've noticed no perceptible change to how it runs. As for being lean, it uses more RAM at idle. Perhaps with some tweaking I could get it to break even. Not sure how that works.
>>
File: WiFi2.png (25 KB, 367x604) Image search: [Google]
WiFi2.png
25 KB, 367x604
>>54760863
>Unless your machine's 7+ years old
Not him. My 2015 Lenovos WiFi doesn't work in 10. The legacy driver gets overridden at each boot. Waking up laptop disables wifi until I reboot.
It's a broadcom chip but Linux never gave me any issue
>>
File: hurrDurrNoBroadcom.png (266 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
hurrDurrNoBroadcom.png
266 KB, 1366x768
>>54760921
>>54760863
Most distros work ootb but some needs me to install the driver.

And the proper driver does NOT get overridden
>>
File: 1438422039996.png (491 KB, 771x678) Image search: [Google]
1438422039996.png
491 KB, 771x678
>>54760852
He trusted windows 10 and now he is in jail.
Linux ftw
Daily reminder that win 10 scan for pizza and send the party van automatically to your house.
>>
>Windows literally updates to Windows 10 without permission
>Microsoft shilling as hard as they possibly can
>Literal ads embedded without touching the default install
>Proved to spy on you through telemetry

What is wrong with people? Who willingly upgrades to this shit and why?

>inb4 it all can be disabled
Sure disable it, but don't be surprised it comes back on one day. This is the most Backdoored OS to date.

I personally don't give that much of a shit about privacy, but this really is next level. Basically your whole computer is now owned by them.
>>
File: 1458557725207.png (14 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
1458557725207.png
14 KB, 500x400
>>54760625
>i dont see whats wrong with this
>>
File: dog.png (238 KB, 489x327) Image search: [Google]
dog.png
238 KB, 489x327
>>54760983
>all these 10 users that browse 4chan and sooner or later will accidentally get a CP image in their browser cache
>>
>laptop came preinstalled with windows 10
>absolute shit wifi unless I'm in the same room as the router
>>
File: frog.png (26 KB, 792x752) Image search: [Google]
frog.png
26 KB, 792x752
>>54756780
>go to MS website
>hit download window 10 button
>it verifies i'm allowed to upgrade
>it downloads the shit
>asks me what kind of upgrade I want (full, keep old stuff, etc)
>click my option
>it starts to install
>go eat lunch
>come back
>windows 10 is booted and waiting for me to log in
>go through settings and change another things
>fix start menu
>literally back to feeling like i'm on win 7 with just a different UI for file explorer now
>>
>>54761047

Definitely a hardware problem. The performance of your wireless NIC has NOTHING to do with Windows 10.
>>
>>54761070
10 rupees have been deposited into your account.
>>
>>54761070
Then why bother?
>>
>>54760995

If your IQ falls into ANY of those categories you'll essentially be working at WalMart for the rest of your life.

Protip: Those sysadmins that make 100k+ know how to use both windows and Linux in an enterprise environment. Shilling trolls work at Fry's and spend their spare time bitching instead of working.
>>
>>54760983
>Daily reminder that win 10 scan for pizza and send the party van automatically to your house.
Isn't that just a OneDrive thing?

If you sak me the real privacy issue with 10 and 8.1 is OneDrive.
>>
File: 1463686097710.gif (2 MB, 400x220) Image search: [Google]
1463686097710.gif
2 MB, 400x220
>>54761083
I'm almost positive it's not the hardware, other people online have been having the same problems
>>
>>54761107
Struck a nerve didn't I?
>>
>>54761070

If you don't give a shit about security, performance, or virtualization, stick with windows XP and have your identity sold to someone in India.

Fucks sake man, if all you noticed was the UI change you have serious mental issues.
>>
>>54761138

"Almost Positive" meaning you haven't researched the manufacturer's site, attempted driver compatibility, placed the driver in a sandbox, or determined the root of the problem.

Don't blame the OS if you're just going with the crowd and unwilling to search for a solution.
>>
File: comfy.gif (2 MB, 1200x810) Image search: [Google]
comfy.gif
2 MB, 1200x810
>>54761150
>Windows XP is less secure than Windows 10
There sure are a lot of windows 10 shills in this thread
>>
>>54761149

Not really, "Average" IQ is roughly 115. That and some shitty university doesn't influence my OS choices. It's about finding the right OS for intended purpose, not just sticking to Linux and ignoring that Windows trumps every other OS in it's corporate / business / company application.
>>
>>54761183

You're right. Considering that you probably only use Windows for web browsing, torrenting, and furry pornography, windows 10 is basically the same as 7 for teenagers that still live with their parents.
>>
>>54761168
>implying Win10 constantly sending your information doesn't slow down the internet

http://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-10-sends-data-to-microsoft-despite-privacy-settings/
>>
I'm gonna do a fresh install tonight.

I've already finished doing all my backups and downloaded my software for the fresh install.
>>
>>54761238
>implying I use Windows
Win10 made me want to kill myself so I installed Linux, works like a charm
>>
>>54756780
bought oem Windows 7 for $33 and upgraded to 10 Pro for free

that's my story
>>
>>54761275

If you believe the Bash-CLI interface is somehow easier to navigate than the Windows GUI, you're probably austistic.
>>
>>54761391
I didn't download it because it was "easier", I'm not a child, I can navigate Linux just fine
>>
>>54761247

>Implying that Windows Update Deliver Optimization (WUDO) using all of 128kb every 5 minutes somehow slows down your connection.

...Maybe if you're still using Dial-up?

Seriously though, just download a 3rd party driver if you can't troubleshoot the default.
>>
>>54761422

>Not a child

Then quit whining like one and accept that you'll have to learn Windows 10 for virtually any company that incorporates computers.

Christ, everyone here gets hung up one one slight incompatibility with Windows and LOSES THEIR GODDAMN MINDS. If you're dealt with coding, dependancy rpms, or powershell, you should have a healthy reserve before dismissing a decent fucking OS.
>>
>>54761471
I didn't lose my mind, it was just a preference

And just about anyone could pick up Windows 10 and have a decent knowledge of how to use it
>>
File: 1464065295015[1].gif (790 KB, 240x292) Image search: [Google]
1464065295015[1].gif
790 KB, 240x292
Accidently shut down my computer by the power button thought it was off and pull out the cord from the wall. When I plug it back in I got a attempting fix error loop every boot up. Try to fix it and figure it out only option was to reinstall.
>>
File: nico twitch.gif (131 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
nico twitch.gif
131 KB, 480x270
I can't stop the fucking pop-ups
>>
I hate how windows 10 always resets your default app settings.
>>
File: 1431306381121.gif (31 KB, 160x140) Image search: [Google]
1431306381121.gif
31 KB, 160x140
>Install win 10
>Update drivers
>Kill windows update service
>Works just fine

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh
>>
>>54757773
If you have more than one monitor, you got the only gains that actually matter (things that linux already did): Scroll wheel focus follows mouse pointer and native support for multiple taskbars.
Install start shell, disable as much botnet shit as you care to bother with, and you basically have wangblows 7 again.
>>
>>54758765
I remember before I realized how shit starcraft 2 was/is, I could not for the life of me figure out why it was running at 2fps and refusing to connect to any form of internet service.
Turns out that it relied on the settings held by internet explorer for internet connection, and I had uninstalled internet explorer earlier.
Fucking Blizzard.
>>
>>54761200
emacs is the only OS you need
>>
File: l13.jpg (32 KB, 451x299) Image search: [Google]
l13.jpg
32 KB, 451x299
>Got to sleep
>Have a good dream
>Wake uo
>Press key on KB
>"Were you dreaming?" - Windows 10

>Watch Smite cinematics
>"Holyshit that was nice, maybe I should try this game someday"
>Go to Steam store
>Recommended to You
>>
>>54757587
Did the same, figuring that it was going to do it anyways and i could fix issues when i was there VS trying to do it over the phone
>>
>>54761275
Linux made me want to kill myself so I installed Windows 10, works like a charm
>>
File: 2016-05-22 20.20.55.jpg (3 MB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-22 20.20.55.jpg
3 MB, 2000x2000
Windows 10 crippling my cpu it downclocked my fx8350 @4.7ghz to 3.72ghz and if i boot on a different OS it run at a solid 4.7ghz . Use to delete mcupdate autentic amd blablabla file... to bypass windows 10 throttling cpu crap but now they did an other update and I'm fcked can't run my my higher than 3.72ghz tha fck windows the fcking fck!!!
>>
>>54760838
about tree fiddy
>>
get linux , specifically ubuntu , it's the future
>>
>>54761900
>barbecue
>sausages

Fucking Americans, kek
>>
>>54761900
980mhz for botnet, not bad
>>
>>54758427
This desu
My fresh win10 install took about 30 minutes and then the os took care of everything

>Meanwhile installing Ubuntu
>15 minute install time
>Looks good
>Reboot
>Graphic drivers shit itself
>Recovery, disable driver
>Reboot
>Kernel panic
>Now WiFi driver died
>>
>>54761900
That looks so good
>>
>>54757331
>have to pirate the ENTERPRISE edition and do a bunch of registry hacks, disable or uninstall all the packaged software and disable windows update to get a functional OS
Just switch to Loonix like the rest of us
>>
>>54756780
seems like you need to get better at debugging faggot windows 10 owns
>>
File: 1367639702637.jpg (177 KB, 600x740) Image search: [Google]
1367639702637.jpg
177 KB, 600x740
Anyone have a link to a good all in one guide to cleaning out Win10 from all the unnecessary bloat processes / killing any of it's built in call-home features
>>
>>54762407
Yeah but you need a second partition with the latest Win for playing electronic games.
>>
>fucking m$ just did that sneaky auto update crap on me
>w/e install it, took less than 10 minutes
>looks decent, still too flashy and shit compared to win7, too much useless random crap
>couldn't connect to network, can't troubleshoot
>recovered back to wins7, back to wins7 in less than 5 minutes
>>
>>54756780
I haven't, my buddy did on two of his computers though.
The wireless adapters for both of them now randomly shit out and have to be unplugged and then plugged back in.
>>
>>54763009
>Yeah but you need a second partition with the latest Win for playing electronic games.
Or running adobe or some great 3d modeling software that opensource just doesn't have done as well

Just place Windows on a seperate harddrive and dual boot, then run VMs in W10 for some linux action if need be
>>
>>54756780
people pay for this
>>
>>54763219
It's free until July.
>>
Fuck my laptop just started upgrading to windows 10 automatically

What the fucking hell man!?

How fucked am I?
>>
They forced my Dad to upgrade and he spent an hour screaming at Pajeet on the phone.

Not really a horror story but lulz.
>>
So this is interesting.

My stepfather calls me in the morning yesterday and says that his laptop has a screen on it and hes unsure of what to do. Pretty much, Windows 10 installed forcefully, of course without asking..

I got it later that day when he dropped it off, and started to look at it. I Googled beforehand and saw you can "recover" to Windows 7 so I thought I'd just do that.

First problem was that barely anything worked on the desktop. Pressing the Start Button and the Search/Cortana did nothing but bring the hourglass cursor like it was loading something. Right clicking and trying to access Personalize didn't work because 'ms-settings' was missing. THAT problem was fixed by making a new account; Suddenly everything worked.. Too bad you can't go back to a previous version of Windows if you have made new users since Windows 10 was installed. So I thought what I would do is delete the original account, rename the new account to the old one, and then restore. Well the restore didn't even show a option to go back to Windows 7 so I thought maybe shit was still installing in the background or something. I started a manual Windows Update check and it began to install stuff.. It got hung up on one update, and refused to ever install. I restarted the computer, and now the option to go back to Windows 7 shows now. So finally, an hour and a half in and I'm getting somewhere. Well, turns out I fucked everything up by making a new account, and deleting the old one. Windows doesn't recognize that the old account was deleted, and my little trick of renaming the new one didn't work. The old account is gone forever, and Windows 10 still says "You can't have new accounts that you didn't have when Windows 10 was installed." so now the laptop is stuck with Windows 10 unless I really wanted to do anything about it, which I don't really because no pay. So basically Windows 10 install fucked up somewhere, and because of it, a family member is stuck with it now. Good job Micro$
>>
File: 1464007819788.gif (2 MB, 286x258) Image search: [Google]
1464007819788.gif
2 MB, 286x258
>mfw my illegal version of windows 7 for gaming doesn't do auto install win 10, but everyone I know gets forced
>>
Turning off Auto-Update is not enough. If you got win7 go to services and disable BITS. Without Background Intelligent Transfer Service the auto-update won't function. If you want to update or some reason you can go back into services and enables BITS easy as pie.
>>
File: windows-10-menus_.jpg (88 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
windows-10-menus_.jpg
88 KB, 1024x576
I don't have a story to tell about Windows 10 (because I will forever be on the magnificent 7, kek) but these menus are the most horrifying thing I have ever seen on 4chan.
>>
File: 20160527_082732.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
20160527_082732.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
New asus laptop w/ upgraded win10. Freezes at least once a day.
>>
>>54764327
jack russels are the coolest dog breed
hounds in general
>>
>>54764327
My asus laptop freeze too because it done something in background, my hdd and cpu usage spike because some unknown windows process doing something.

Anyone here using win 10 with old intel core i( like i3 350m i7 740m etc ) first gen with gma/intel hd first ?
>>
File: 1463626431685.png (93 KB, 1142x971) Image search: [Google]
1463626431685.png
93 KB, 1142x971
reminder that microshit pays people to talk about their wangblows OS online
fucking shitskin curry-niggers
>>
>>54764353
Mine is cheap celeron
>>
File: 1451019133718.jpg (45 KB, 526x960) Image search: [Google]
1451019133718.jpg
45 KB, 526x960
>>54756780
>>
>>54764419
wait it werks? i saw intel compability of gpu it says first gen gma/intel core i first gen isn't supported on windows 10.
>>
>>54756780
i experienced that my windows 7 activated with some really old (pre-service pack times) (and probably not legit) daz loader upgraded fine so its cool, system is shit tho would install gentoo. frikin start menu lags for 10 sec before launch
>>
>>54756780
>upgrade my laptop to windows 10
>fucking nightmare
>upgrading from 8.1
>refuses to update
>make media drive, upgrade from that
>wipes HDD, no biggie, I'd be pissed if there were anything important on there
>Installs
>No fucking sound
>not a driver issue
>Won't pick up mic, sound looks like it's playing on the control panel

I know this isn't SQG but if anybody has a solution to this I'd be willing to try it.
>>
File: audiodriver.jpg (592 KB, 1890x1010) Image search: [Google]
audiodriver.jpg
592 KB, 1890x1010
>>54764585
>>54764585
it's guarantee driver m8, have u try installing driver from device manager/windows update? even my outdated 6 years old laptop have driver and sound/mic.
>>
>>54764658
Yeah, I've even manually downloaded the drivers and installed them without device manager, still nothing.
>>
>>54764327
>he fell for the dick in my ass meme
>>
I upgraded to it manually a day before it was available by changing my time zone and entering the command into cmd to force it to start and I've only had one problem, a few months ago.

When I first did the upgrade I set it up with my Microsoft account as the login to get full functionality, but about a week in I switched to a local account and had been using that ever since. Then one day I boot up the computer, type in my password and get a "incorrect password" prompt. Confused, I look at the account and it's my email address. It switched me back to the Microsoft account on it's own, pretty annoying as well because I use a password manager and couldn't log in to get the password, but luckily I had it set up on my Linux drive as well so I was able to boot into that, write down the password, and boot back to Windows, log in, and change back to local account.
>>
cracked windows 7 nigs
>>
>>54764064
Welp, everything is fucked.

Can't access files, bookmarks are gone, slow as fuck.

It's 2am, gonna figure shit out in the morning.

Right now I feel like emptying a Uzi into the heads of every Microsoft employee.
>>
File: windowsold.jpg (95 KB, 728x515) Image search: [Google]
windowsold.jpg
95 KB, 728x515
>>54764881
Literally how? did u wipe everything clean? or keep files and program?

go to you root drive and look at folder windows.old everything should be there pic related.
>>
>>54764943
>pagefile.sys
>swapfile.sys
What the actual fuck?
>>
>>54761040
Getting shit in your cache is not the same as actively seeking intercourses with minor for huge sums of money
>>
>>54762079
Berner Wuerstchen are Austrian

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berner-W%C3%BCrstel
>>
File: 1461126328240.jpg (59 KB, 848x960) Image search: [Google]
1461126328240.jpg
59 KB, 848x960
>>54760863
>>54756780
>>54758297
OP here.
Both computers are rather new. The first was my little brothers computer that I helped build.
>Gigabit MB
>AMD 7970 GPU
>1TB HDD & 256GB SSD
>Intel i5
Netgear A6210 Wireless USB adapter. I'm using the same one so I'm afraid to upgrade.

Second computer was a Dell Inspiron 15 touchscreen laptop that was bought when my mom retired a couple months ago. Basically brand new, never had any problems with 8.1 on it.

I was really excited for 10. If they fix all of the incompatibilities I'll upgrade, but it's too unstable right now. I was really hoping for this next Windows OS to be good, if they fix the rest of these bugs and overhall their UI it will be.
>>
>installed windows 10 months ago
>not had a single problem with it

I swear you people just nitpick and do whatever you can to find something to rant about
>>
>>54756780
I got an eye cancer because of Windows font rendering. No jokes.
>>
File: we wuz programms nsheeit.png (1 MB, 1300x4704) Image search: [Google]
we wuz programms nsheeit.png
1 MB, 1300x4704
Daily reminder
>>
File: 1464179236716.jpg (302 KB, 600x2080) Image search: [Google]
1464179236716.jpg
302 KB, 600x2080
Aside from general instability and some crashes, I've had no issues with 10.
It's in a virtual machine though.
And it's less stable than ME.
>>
What a fucking meme OS
>>
Feels like a reskinned Win7

I like that the taskbar extension is built in now, even though it's still lacking features.

Nothing else to report really...
Task manager is a little more colourful.
Still not sure what's a program, what's an application and what's an "app".
>>
>>54765596
>Second computer was a Dell Inspiron 15 touchscreen laptop that was bought when my mom retired a couple months ago. Basically brand new, never had any problems with 8.1 on it.
If it's the same as mine, update BIOS asap. New NVidia drivers (new as in 2 months before W10 release) end up in black screen and so does W10 update. They fucked it up in BIOS and it outputs to nonexistent output by default.
>>
>>54764943
>>54764881
It was putting me in a temporary profile. I didn't know how to fix that.

Doesn't matter now, I'm back to windows 7. Everything seems like it's back to normal.

It's just irritating shit to deal with when you're about to go to bed and your laptop starts updating to windows 10.
>>
File: desktop 2016-05-27.jpg (275 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
desktop 2016-05-27.jpg
275 KB, 1920x1080
I like it very much. I skipped whole Win8 and used Linux only for past three years because GNOME, XFCE and KDE were so much ahead Windows in usability. Win10 is just good and with upcoming Linux runtimes right in it, I have no complaints. I don't get the hate.
>>
Heil
>>
>>54765870
Wtf! Am not banned!
Now i can heil in peace
>>
Horror stories?

>my screen turned off and couldnt be turned on like 2 times in the first month of win 10
Thats it I think
>>
>>54762407
this is highly ironic considering how much maintenance desktop linux requires to be functional
>>
File: 1456393196059.jpg (151 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1456393196059.jpg
151 KB, 1920x1080
>>54761577
>Kill windows update service
>Win 10 update never appears
>Win 7 works just fine

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu~
>>
>>54757719
>>54759517
Child's shoes for sale: installed Windows10.
>>
You can stop the W10 update by declining the user agreement.
It sometimes breaks W7 with it though
>>
>>54758297
>they get issues
>they never look for solutions
>just bitch on /g/

Most of my issues have been extremely limited or nonexistent.
>>
>>54765985
You mean none?

What you mean is how much effort it is to get anything that isn't the inbuilt features working.
>>
>>54765985
Desktop loonix requires as much maintenance as any fresh windows installation. First you adjust settings to your needs if you're not happy with default configuration, add your favorite themes & icons, install programs that you need, and them you only update it. There is no need to deal with system configuration files everyday on any non-unemployed-kiddo-oriented distribution like Debian, openSUSE or Fedora.
>>
W10 uninstalled my k-meleon browser.

>Inb4 don't use an unknown browser
Fuck microshit.
All my bookmarks and history gone.
>>
File: Jy2u91f.gif (968 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
Jy2u91f.gif
968 KB, 480x270
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
>>
>>54765645
Is this real?
>>
>>54756780
My father is using a Latitude laptop.
The laptop got 0 hardware issues... but... on W10:
> Sometimes Windows won't detect the boot drive, which is an SSD. Needs some cold restarts to get it fixed.
> Random BSOD sometimes, with erratic - stupid messages. While on 7 I was able to always trace down BSOD issues, like one time it was Avast, but here? It leads nowhere.
> Random apps got fucked up, had to sort out the fonts to get those fixed.
> Due to fucked up updates, had to fuck with dism, sfc, etc.

I also use Windows 10, because my Onedrive fucked itself on Windows 8. I moved my folder X, which had Onedrive's folder in it. That was enough to shit itself so hard there was NO FUCKING WAY to fix it.
I shit you not. I spent like 10 hours trying to fix that shit, but it was impossible.

Since I had no more time to waste (I am not an Arch user), I just upgraded. In a few hours I had a working Onedrive ... and a fucking piece of shit OS.
But, I will reinstall my PC soon.
>>
>>54767025
> But, I will reinstall my PC soon.
Cont:
Can't wait to get Onedrive placeholders back.
It's fucking Godsend.

Bittorrent Sync got this feature, but it costs some serious money. Dropbox is also bringing this feature, but only for business users. And there is odrive, which is buggy, slow, it's literally a piece of shit. And also, very costly.

tl;dr: It's either BTSync, or Onedrive on 8.1.
And I already pay for Onedrive, so that's why I don't really want to shell out for Bittorrent Sync.
>>
If Microsoft tell you 'your PC is compatible' and borederline update without your permission,you shouldn't have to put up with reasoning like 'well, it's your fault for not spending time in device manager, updating your BIOS and finding obscure drivers'. It's been standard advice for years to clean install rather than in-place upgrade, but Microsoft decided they needed the ad money more.
>>
>>54756780
I thought g tells bullshit about w10 and so I installed it in a vm. Holy shit everyone was right, even explorer.exe is keeping one connection to search.msn.-always open.
You can't delete searchUI.exe because these files belong to the user "Trusted Installer"... do I really have to destroy the operating system a bit ( with live-cd linux or something) just to make it acceptable/usable?!
>>
>>54767465
and I am back to W7 without any updates at all. This os shuts up and in five years I go linux (debian) fulltime.
>>
File: 1464275556650.png (563 KB, 569x802) Image search: [Google]
1464275556650.png
563 KB, 569x802
>reinstall win7
>update serivice using all my memory
>disable it
>no windows 10
>>
>>54760921
>>54760943
REKT>>54760983
>>54760995
>>54765688
>>
>>54766130
desktop linux:
>install the os, update to newest version, then install all programs you need
>Config everything you like
>Use it as a tool
This is it. Don't bother with updates if they don't bring you new functionality or fill crazy security holes. Nobody can exploit the bufferoverflow in your libxyz if you have nothing that uses this function.
>>
File: 1378661152008.png (228 KB, 342x354) Image search: [Google]
1378661152008.png
228 KB, 342x354
>>54756780
One day I started my comp up about a week after upgrading to from win7 to win10.

It was all pretty normal, until I clicked on chrome to start up. Nothing happened. I clicked a couple more times to make sure I actually clicked it. I checked my processes, ended Chrome's processes, then clicked on chrome to try to run it again. Nothing happened still.

I got onto my Maxthon browser on the same comp (I was switching from Maxthon to Chrome at the time), and it ran fine. I went to uninstall Chrome, then reinstall it after downloading Chrome again.

After uninstalling, I run the chrome installer, which began the installation process, but it never completed. It started, but at no point did it ever finish. I tried using the installer again, but the same problem occurred. I eventually had enough of this shit, and looked up how to load a system restore point on win10. It said to go into the shitty "Settings" menu from the start menu. So I click on "Settings" and then go to click on Update & Security, but the Settings window froze indefinitely. Somehow I figured out how to restore win7, and I haven't looked back since.

I was seriously spooked, the sensation of "hey, your comp could quite possibly be fucked" sent shivers up my spine. All the porn I've saved could be fucking gone, and all that effort of collecting it all would have been for nought.

tbqh, it was probably a bad interaction win10 had with my shitty hardware. Now I'm building a new comp with the GTX 1080 and other new, much more reliable components, and I'm getting win10 on it.

>mfw it happens again
>>
>>54761125
It sends a full file directory tree/map to microsoft servers.
It sends file names and file information when a file is opened.
This is for advertising data.

It hashes files and checks against a database of known virus and other files. If it detects a matching hash to a known "bad" file it does more tests to verify if the file is bad (to avoid hashclashing) and then adds flags to the computer and user.
This is mostly for tracking of virus and maybe eventually terrorist related materials.

These are well documented features and are almost certainly not malicious. But could potentially become malicious in the future.
>>
>>54761238
If that's all he uses windows for then he has no reason to update yet. Win 7 isn't EOL until 2020. Win10 has no advantages for what he uses his machine for.

Linux could be an alternative for him past that point as browsing the web and file management are both possible on linux.
>>
>>54761391
You don't have to use a CLI for linux. Linux supports a GUI.
>>
>>54765688
At least there's a lot variation in the UI design so it doesn't get boring. Good job Microsoft.
>>
>toolbar constantly disappears
>everything crashes
>ads on lock screen
>can't use the toolbar to search Google. Only Bing.
>computer only turns on when it wants to
>computer only wakes from sleep when it wants to
>sound is shot. sounds like shit. no low end at all.
>computer frequently forgets wifi SSIDs and passwords
>battery life has halved
>normal bootup takes ~20 minutes
>videos play at a glorious 10 frames per second
>720p screen, but playing anything above 360p will cause it to shut down
>freezes all the time
>keyboard stops working periodically
>trackpad stops working periodically
>even the fucking Calculator app asks you to rate it in the store
holy FUCK you weren't exaggerating. I want to go back.
>>
File: 1450557462942.jpg (580 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1450557462942.jpg
580 KB, 1920x1200
Been using Linux for 3 years now and I thought about trying out Windows 10 this weekend.

Welp, fuck that. Even if only a quarter of this thread is true, fuck that. Thanks, OP. Good timing
>>
>>54756780
Upgraded 2 desktops, 1 surface 3 all working flawlessly no problems :^)
>>
>>54756780

>I don't know how to use windows: the post.
>>
>>54769637
What are you using? A Pentium III with a Voodoo?
>>
>>54766194
I've heard of the whole 'windows 10 uninstalled some programs' shit before. How does it happen? Does it just disappear after a reboot? Any messages or anything in the event logs?
>>
>>54766306
Sounds about right to be honest. I bet legacy support is partly what makes winblows such a mess.
>>
>>54769637
For a second there I thought you were talking about android.
>>
>>54758499
pajeet, MS10 is just more bloatware. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>54760444
good software is subjective
>>
>>54757942
cool buddy, what are those IP addresses again?
When the ranges change, where do we get the latest ones from? Also if they route them through different companies, networks etc, how do we know what is going to Microsoft? Will you tell us and keep us informed?

Please advise urgently.
We look forward to hearing from you.

thxbai
>>
>>54756780
seeing as how there are multiple stop points in the win 10 upgrade process which you can cancel it from and it wont continue withoht you selecting an option your story is bullshit.

t. someone who upgraded
>>
>>54757942
m8 they have their ways. I've noticed for example that even if I download hundreds of megabytes worth of updates the bandwidth used never shows up in the performance monitor. I have a 3rd party bandwidth meter too which doesn't pick up that traffic either.
>>
>>54769375
Is that stuff related to Onedrive or just part of W10? Can W10 spy on my files? I thought that it was only Onedrive that did the spying.
>>
Happened to me on my computer and my grandfather's computer. The start menu refuses to come up any more and i haven't found a way to fix it other than reinstalling everything.
>>
>>54770068
no, just a shitty Dell laptop. I don't remember what model. The update was forced, on top of that. I was working on a project for school and went away to get a snack and when I came back it was already updating.
>>54770099
Nope. Windows 10.
>>
>>54759649

I'm in the opposite boat. I just finished an 80+ machine Windows 10 deployment at a multi-location retail/fitness chain. Planning took the most time as we have a wide variety of POS hardware (credit card swipers, receipt printers, webcams, barcode scanners etc.) and I had to verify every piece of hardware we run. Whole thing went super smooth, I did one location per night remotely for a couple weeks.

In my personal life, my relatives are ringing me off the hook because their machines updated automatically (they didn't, dumbasses just click yes to anything that pops up on their screens). No actual technical problems mind you, they're all just old and stupid and 'it looks different' is reason enough to blow up my phone.
>>
>>54761200
"Average" IQ is 100 +-5.
So you didn't even get that right, smart guy...
>>
>>54771039
>Microsoft has faced criticism for changing the pop-up box encouraging Windows users to upgrade to Windows 10. Clicking the red cross on the right hand corner of the pop-up boxnow activates the upgrade instead of closing the box.
>>
>>54759459
>oh noes muh importance gayming filming oh my gods!
Thread replies: 220
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.