[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/el/ - Digital Security, Python
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: eldigisec.jpg (246 KB, 1922x1081) Image search: [Google]
eldigisec.jpg
246 KB, 1922x1081
Didn't know what board to put this on, but I thought it was pretty cool. In the game Hacknet (on steam), there's a hidden image board modeled after 4chan's boards, called /el/ Digital Security. It only has 8 or so static threads, but they're pretty cool, and I thought it was a nice addition. You can check it out on Steam.

The game has me interested in coding - I looked up a simple language, Python, and a guide to start out with,

http://learnpythonthehardway.org/book/

Is this a good language to start out with? From what I know, other languages like C++, C#, C, CSS, XNL, etc are much more popular, thus are probably more useful. What do?
>>
I heard the C variant written by the same author was very good
>>
>>54756771

Thanks, will check it out
>>
From what i know, python is ideal for hacking, i just got a book called black hat python, amd it prettyuch teaches you how to hack with the language.
>>
>>54756771
Who did you hear that from?
I personally thought it was one of the worst C books of all time, and I've read quite a few. Most of what he says is flat out wrong and basically tells you to google everything instead of actually teaching it. He then uses some random string library instead of real C even thought it has the same security problems as char *'s
He also teaches some things that are architecturally specific or undefined behavior and pretends that they are always true
http://hentenaar.com/dont-learn-c-the-wrong-way has more on how shit it is
Also Zed Shaw is one of the biggest assholes Of all time
>>
>>54756647
>Not dedicating 100% of RAM to the clock
It's like you don't tick tock
>>
>>54757750
that book is cancer, can't believe I wasted my money on it
>>
>>54756647
> your clock has an ip address

all
my
wat
>>
>>54757833
This

C: A Modern Approach by King is good

The venerable K&R should be decent too
>>
>>54759701
He's right this book is total trash. Waste of time and money.
>>
Python is a great language to start with.
Try the python challenge once you're getting kind of used to programming, it's a lot of fun.
http://www.pythonchallenge.com/

>>54757750
>how to hack books
Heh, enjoy your useless knowledge that would have been useful 5 years ago.
>>
>>54756647
Steam is poison.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.