[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Port forwarding question
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
I have a question regarding port forwarding and I hope you can help.
I have two machines that are accessible over public IP, let's call them 1 and 2.
I need to access a web service that runs on 2 but I can't as for some reason the IP is blacklisted and I can't do anything about that.
Machine 1, on the other hand, can be accessed without restrictions.
How can I use machine 1 as a traffic bridge towards the service on machine 2?
I know I could do a simple port forwarding on the firewall but that wouldn't work as the return traffic would come with the IP of machine 2 and would be blocked.
Another solution I'm thinking of is a VPN, but I would like to know if there is something else.
I'm running FreeBSD 10 on both machines btw.
>>
>>54755576
Send all traffic to the available computer, have the available computer use iptables to redirect traffic on a certain port to the non available computer, and iptables to forward returned traffic as well
>>
>>54755576
Look at DMZ maybe that can help you
>>
>>54755576
Do you a firewall like ASA or is it a home router?
>>
>>54755615
>>54755641
>>54755682
Thanks for the replies.
So, I control both machines and their network 100%: 1 is a VPN while 2 is a machine I have at home.
I run pf as firewall on machine 1 and openwrt as router/firewall on my home network
>>
>>54755615
>>54755641
>>54755682
One is a VPS, sorry.
Pretty much what I'm looking for is something like SSH tunneling but for a web server
>>
The IP of machine 2 is "blacklisted"? Can you elaborate?

The openwrt router is performing NAT, right? Are the IP addresses of both hosts in one of the RFC1918 ranges?

192.168.0.0/16
172.16.0.0/12
10.0.0.0/8

Are they both assigned in the same range, assuming you have a single downstream interface on the router running openwrt?
>>
>>54756944
For whatever reason from the network I can't connect to the public IP of machine 2. It doesn't matter the port or the service, as soon as the SYN is sent, an ACK/RST is received. Only ICMP traffic can pass.
The IP address of machine 1 is a public IP while machine 2 is in my home network (192.168.0.0/24) which is NATted. On my firewall the port is open and port forwarding is enable.
I don't know if on machine 1 I could put a special rule in PF to NAT a port towards the public IP of machine 2?
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.