[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
VPN Crackdown
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: netflix-error.jpg (30 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
netflix-error.jpg
30 KB, 620x349
Netflix is cracking down on VPN's just wondering if there away around this at IP level? Even if it means buying a different router (Sky is pretty locked down... Moving to Plusnet - Re-branded BT so it probably be the same)

http://www.techradar.com/news/internet/you-re-blocked-netflix-starts-major-crackdown-on-vpns-1315974

Unless you live in the US Netflix is shit. It needs unblocking
>>
Unless you live in the US, I don't give a fuck about your problems, negroid.
>>
Move to a better country
>>
File: 1419805395714.png (92 KB, 233x244) Image search: [Google]
1419805395714.png
92 KB, 233x244
I'd just like to interject for a moment. Netflix commits the three usual injustices of digital publishing: Digital Restrictions Management (DRM), End User License Agreements that restrict the customer beyond the restrictions of copyright law, and identifying and tracking the customers.

To tolerate any of these predatious practices is to surrender our rights without a fight. Pleae join me in refusing: Flick off Netflix.

Netflix is a typical streaming media dis-service: it requires a nonfree client program that imposes digital restrictions mechanisms (DRM) intended to stop the user from saving a copy of the data being streamed through her own computer. You should never use DRM that you can't break, so you should not use these dis-services unless you can break their DRM.

A friend once asked me to watch a video with her that she was going to display on her computer using Netflix. I declined, saying that Netflix was such a threat to freedom that I felt uncomfortable with promoting its use in this way.

Rejecting streaming DRM is an ethical imperative because this streaming technology is intended to divide people and make them antisocial.

Netflix is a surveillance system: it demands customers identify themselves to pay, and thus records what each person watches. Don't stand for this!

Netflix makes customers sign a restrictive contract (End User License Agreement) that denies them rights that they would normally have under copyright law if they bought a copy. If you bought a copy on a tape or disk, you would be free to give, lend or sell it. With Netflix, those actions are not only obstructed by DRM, but also explicitly forbidden.

Netflix is parlaying its control of users (obtained through the wrongs stated aove) into a grab for control over video entertainment.

Every time you hear that some video is produced specifically by Netflix, it would be appropriate to feel a wave of disgust and anger. That will help you refuse to watch it, refuse to feed the monster.
>>
>buying a different router

Yeah you have to get one with at least four antennas or your vpn won't do shit.
>>
>>54754923
I just streamed a show using Canadian Netflix under a VPN, didn't give me any issues.

Also, Canadian Netflix is GOAT.
>>
>>54755764
trust me im in canada and the grass is always greener on the other side
>>
>>54754923
The problem is that netflix, hulu, and holly wood (riaa, etc) all have way too much power, and money. There needs to be a massive boycott of these services.
I use a vpn for almost everything, and if netflix is going to decline letting me use my account because of that, then I just wont have an account with them.
Ill simply go somewhere else and watch the shows I want with a vpn.
>>
Use a proxy
>>
>>54754923
Use smartflix
>>
Are they blocking digital ocean/aws IP ranges too?
>>
>>54754923
>they don't want my money
I'll go pirate everything again.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.