[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/, in hopes of exposing myself to less of the botnet, and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: web_CM_1920s_new-1008x1024.jpg (182 KB, 1008x1024) Image search: [Google]
web_CM_1920s_new-1008x1024.jpg
182 KB, 1008x1024
Hey /g/, in hopes of exposing myself to less of the botnet, and to avoid the meme smartphone trend, I'm hoping to use a basic phone. What's a good USA provider for basic phone service (some minutes, texts, no data)?

>Also, cell phone provider general
>>
>>54754828
Google Fi?
>>
OP here, also fyi us Americans pay a supposedly ton more than other developed countries for comparable cell services. Anyone have any idea why that is? Jews being jews?
>>
>>54754841
I think only Nexus devices work on that unfortunately.
>>
You can't psuedo-whine about smartphones and still use a dumbphone. "They" can still "track" you. Join the full freetard neo-luddite movement and just call phones baid (bad said in turbuttistic stallmanite shit way) and become unemployable and don't get a job.

>meme smartphone "trend"
God, fucking hipsters and luddites these days. You are aware that the Amish are actually less tech retarded than you, as long as it comes to making a living they accept technology. Why don't you?
(Because you're a sack of shit and have fallen for the shitty freetard meme. Okay enjoy your "freedom")
>>
>>54754866
Not an American but as I've understood it, the various carriers have decided not to compete with each other. That means each one is free to charge as much as they want and they don't need to worry about competing in terms of service and coverage.
>>
>>54754927
Ah that makes sense, then they can also avoid monopolization and the eventual fate of the first AT&T
>>
>>54754906
One isn't a neo-luddite if they only reject the immoral aspects of technology. Like privacy violations, and flashy pocket-toys for normies.
>>
Smartphones are a wonderful tool for business. Business apps, cloud sync for appointments/contacts, proper email client. And for IT, you have WiFi or USB tethering, drivedroid, portable read only storage. Had mine for 4 years and haven't ever thought about games or fagbook, a shame that some people can't accept this.

Other problem is - every ISP builds data into every one of their plans and you can't opt out of it, and will be paying for shit you aren't using.
>>
>>54755068
I hear you, and I know they're useful. I work outdoors for my state and don't ever need anything but calls and texts. As with most tech, everyone needs different products. Glad to hear yours is working well for you though.
>>
File: button.png (41 KB, 900x300) Image search: [Google]
button.png
41 KB, 900x300
test
pls ignore
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.