[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vim
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: vim_drill_small.jpg (80 KB, 518x376) Image search: [Google]
vim_drill_small.jpg
80 KB, 518x376
Did you know that you can increment the number under your cursor by pressing ctrl-a?
You can also decrement it by pressing ctrl-x.

What vim tricks did you learn about recently?
>>
Holy shit, it even detects hexadecimal automatically
>>
I decided to give Windows 10 a try after coming from GNU/Linux and fell for Visual Studio. Vim? Yeah, I've heard of it; just never felt like reading its manual.
>>
>>54753340
> What vim tricks did you learn about recently?
ZZ
$ emacs
>>
>>54753340
>>54753340
how to make vim go to end of previous line when pressing H??
>>
>>54753506
end key
>>
>>54753340
I found this new feature called an editor made in the 20th century, it as this thing called a G-U-I, you need a special device called a "mouse pointer" to use, but it makes things a lot easier than remembering 105^105 keyboard shortcuts. I recommend VS code if you don't want your editor to take longer than your OS to boot(Atom).
>>
>>54753506
Press $
>>
>>54753555
Enjoy your carpal tunnel syndrome.
>>
>>54753705
jokes on you i use a thinkpad
>>
Finally figured out why poor people in South America always have bricks laying around.

Fathers collect them when they are expecting and tell their wives they are going to build a room.

The baby won't need it for a few years its cool honey. I'm going to go buy smokes brb.
>>
>>54753582
I know that, but my mussle memory keeps using H (and expecting it to do what left arrow key does)
>>
>>54754093

You want it to go up a line and to the end?

map H k$
>>
>>54754093
Write a script and map it to h, my man.
Basically:
if cursor at column 0
k$
else
h
[/code)
>>
>>54753480
Can you pls kill yourself and bury your body before i buttfuck you
>>
>>54753812
True, I'm South American and have bricks lying around in my house.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.