[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I was about to sign in to my YouTube account on a computer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 1280x720
So I was about to sign in to my YouTube account on a computer that I have never used, yet somehow, it already had my username and gave me a prompt for my password. I've never seen this happen. I had a flash drive inserted. Did it read some sort of data that was stored on it? This feels really intrusive.
>>
>>54751791
No, that's a cookie and you (or someone else) had previously logged in in that computer.
>>
>>54751791
You probably signed into something else beforehand.
>>
>>54751791
had you logged into gmail/ your google account?
>>
OP here. I've never used this computer or signed into any other accounts.
>>
>>54751791
Do not fight the botnet, embrace it.
>>
>>54751879
Then someone else had. It's not magic.
>>
>>54751888
But I was my account. I should hope no one else has my login info
>>
>>54751941
boo hoo
>>
>>54751941

You suffer from severe memory loss and signed in from that computer before.
>>
This is Google we're talking about. Do you really think they don't know it's you?
>>
>>54751791
you have signed to something google. there is no else to it.
>>
>>54751791
>somehow, it already had my username and gave me a prompt for my password
that's a browser-side issue, do you use chrome? it probably synced using the wifi connection with your phone or something, or you previously logged in from that pc and you simply forgot about it, that's why the cookies were saved.
>>
Alzheimer, you're very old and forget things, but you cant tell because you're sick
>>
When I set up a new computer, I always copy the ~/.mozilla directory from my old computer and unsurprisingly I have the same thing happen every time. It doesn't seem likely, but is there any way this would have gotten copied? Did you copy your home directory?
>>
>>54753361
No. It wasn't even my computer. It was on a school network.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.