[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am currently building a custom GNU/Linux distro from the ground
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
I am currently building a custom GNU/Linux distro from the ground up (LFS) that has NodeJS at the core of everything it does.

This is what I have right now.

If there are any other software engineers/devs that would like to work on this project with me, I would love to share with you more of what I have and hopefully have you join the team (of one at the moment).
>>
>>54748970
why nodejs?
>>
>>54749135

Why not? Sorry if it sounds rude etc, but I personally believe that this has great potential.

Right now it is reasonably quick (7-10 sec boot speed). It can be easily debugged and modified without too much effort. And the "shell" is very responsive.

Delusional? Probably.
>>
>>54748970
I'll make the logo
>>
Yeah, but what about the actual details of the system? Do you have NodeJS SysV? NodeJS cron jobs? NodeJS inittab?
>>
>>54749209
Really? Preparing for the "pieces of shit" to start rolling in...
>>
>>54748970
Admit it, NodeJS doesn't have many fans from the minimalists side. And those are the ones behind projects like LFS.

Github on the other hand....
>>
>>54749242

It is coming together slowly. One man can only do so much by himself
>>
>>54749247
>Really?
It was actually a joke but i think i would post a few shitty attempts if a few people get involved. Got a clever name already? Something like GNUdeJS or something.
>>
>>54749279
Stealing that name right now...
>>
Looks clean and I like orange
>>
>>54749279
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as deJS, is in fact, GNU/deJS, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by /g/.
>>
>>54749201
>Sorry if it sounds rude
nah senpai, I work with a guy who obsesses over using nodejs and web meme shit for everything

not a fan of web meme shit myself but it's interesting to see something other than the usual rubbish built with it (eg: yet another fucking text editor or me-too irc clone)
>>
I would use it.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.