[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I recently bought a 390x and it's performing pretty well,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: psu.jpg (69 KB, 640x516) Image search: [Google]
psu.jpg
69 KB, 640x516
So I recently bought a 390x and it's performing pretty well, however I have begun to get computer crashing issues (instantly turns off and reboots). I've already looked into it and the solution appears to be getting a new power supply

What I want to know is, should I try to get one that suits my machine and buy something that fits in with my current setup or should I future proof in case I go crazy and buy something like a 1000W psu

PSU thread
>>
>>54748940
Get a 750w 80+ bronze psu like everyone else.

Your system should be around 50% under load anyways so it'll be good. Maybe 850w if you want that 50% mark more precisely.
>>
>>54748940
1kW is a lot, you're not going to need it unless you're wanting multiple cards, and very high power consumption cards too, my CF fury fits under my 750W platinum easily
>>
>>54748967
>>54748963
Fair enough.

Is brand super important? I feel like PSUs should be a fairly simple product. Not that I intend to buy some super cheap item, but I mean I don't need to pay the most money for a brand name, correct?
>>
>>54748990
Grab, you want a brand with a good reputation.

I'm using a 750w fractal design integra m for my main pc, and a corsair cx650 for my other pc.

The corsair gets a lot of shit, but I haven't had any issues with it so I have no idea what's up with that.

Also, don't blindly trust 80+ logos, check the website to make that manufacturer actually has that psu certified. Lots of fakes out there these days.
>>
>>54749054
I was pretty much going with corsair or antec, they seem reasonably priced
>>
>>54748940
???
I am running a 400w psu with a r9 390
As long as the rail design is good its fine
PSU wattage ratings can be a scam
>>
>>54749070
EVGA is pretty popular along budget builds too.

I have a friend who fell for the 1000w power supply meme. 80+ bronze too, cooler master PSU, modular.

His cpu is an i5 4460, and his gpu is the gtx 960.

I still laugh sometimes, he could have used that money to spend slightly more and get a xeon or unlocked i5, or a better gpu.
>>
>>54749083
I'm using a 650w antec at the moment and I get crashes in multiple games at weird times

While the wattage might be fine it clearly isn't working the way it's supposed to, and a replacement is needed my friend
>>
>>54749114
I am using a Antec neo eco 400w

My guess is your overclock is failing or some other parts are having issues
>>
>>54749138
I had no issues until installing the new card

Also I'm not overclocking any of my hardware
>>
>>54748990
Buy an Enermax PSU and you will be fine.
>>
http://i.imgur.com/koLUPLh.jpg
Try to buy tier 1, otherwise tier 2.
Try to avoid tier 3.
Avoid anything below
>>
>>54748940
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817207034
on sale, really nice price, very good PSU too; manufactured by Seasonic
>>
>>54748990
Corsair HX/Thermaltake ToughPower/Antec/XFX/etc. Google PSU tier list and you'll have your info.
>>
>>54748940

im having this same issue except its with a fucknig S12II 620 and i only use a i3-4170 with its IGP so its crazy over provisioned

but one thing i did find out is that the S12II series doesnt use solid caps and doesnt have a single 12V rail which hardwaresecrets reviewed when they opened it up, so im assuming the caps started wearing out ,it happened a few months ago now suddently starting again.

have the 400w corsair coming today and if it solves the issue then ill RMA the seasonic but it was barely 6mo old when it started messing up
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.