[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Manjaro
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Selection_008.png (32 KB, 820x609) Image search: [Google]
Selection_008.png
32 KB, 820x609
>Manjaro
>>
memes
>>
It's like they are doin't it on porpose.
>>
File: 1457930783214.png (79 KB, 255x309) Image search: [Google]
1457930783214.png
79 KB, 255x309
H O L Y S H I T

IT"S HAPPENING!
>>
>>54749939
Seriously. Each year the cert expires it's the same story. Wildcard certs are not even that expensive, what the fuck.
>>
is there any reason to use Manjaro over Antergos or even going full NEET with Arch?
>>
>>54752098
no not really
but Arch is comfy as fuck
>>
>>54752098
no
>>
>>54752098
Some more or less valid reasons
- Manjaro holds packages back for a week. If something breaks in Arch, manjaro has time to hold that package back and prevent breakage amongst their user base. Important security patches are not quarantined this way.
- Manjaro comes with a lot of preconfigured software like steam, which require some effort to get running on arch if you are new.
- Manjaro comes with certain amount of customization to DEs they use, like custom themes
- Manjaro has a set of custom system configuration utilities that allow you to easily install proprietary drivers, swap kernels or configure keyboard layout.
- Manjaro has net install CDs that allow you to pass on default install bloat while keeping their weekly repos. Those images have normal text based installer.

Manjaro is to Arch what Ubuntu is to Debian.
>>
>>54752253
this
and it's comfy as fuck
>>
>>54752098
Nope, Arch is awesome, Manjaro has bugs!
>>
>>54752073
Certs are now even free with Let's Encrypt. Granted they only last for 3 months but that fosters automation which Manjaro team would benefit from.
>>
>>54752098
I don't see why anyone should trust Manjaro as a distro when they can't into basic security really, same with Mint.

If they can't keep their websites secure, how can you expect trust them to keep your OS secure?
>>
>>54752253
But if I'm looking for an easy mode version of Arch why wouldn't I just use Antergos?
>>
>>54754228
Without trying to sound elitist, arch isn't particularly difficult.

The wiki is great and will cover most things you need to know
>>
>>54754236
>arch isn't particularly difficult.
I know that. I'm just saying that Antergos already fills the niche of easier to use arch. What does Manjaro bring other than it's kinda shitty devs?
>>
>>54749939
I've been using it for 2 years and shit like this makes me laugh. Lazy fucks
>>
>>54752253
Manjaro truly are the masters of responsible management as the OP shows.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.