[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pebble 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pwq89K6RBTI

HYPE
>>
Looks awful
>>
PEBBLE 2
>>
>>54745971
More like

>Pleb Core, Pleb 2, + Pleb Time 2

amirite
>>
>>54745971
or just get an android wear watch that does all that and more in one device

shame the pebble still looks like some kids toy with those huge fucking bezels and square screens. They had one job and they fucked it up.
>>
I want a refresh of the original Steel, it was so much better looking than this time crap.

>>54746102
But muh battery life.

I love just charging my watch on Sunday and knowing I'm set for the week.
>>
>>54746145
This

OG Steel was GOAT
>>
>>54745971

already kickstarted the pebble time 2 basically pre-ordered it

>>54746102
the new pebbles have far thinner bezels though, the pebble time 2 looks great, plus they have gorilla glass instead of shitty plastic
>>
The Time 2 looks nice. It may be time to swap out my OG Steel.

>>54746102
Point me to an Android Wear watch that gets 10 Days of battery.
>>
>>54746102
Get a watch that'll be dead halfway through the day and can't be read outside?
>>
>>54746102
Shame that pebble is the only one that got the smart watch right. Lasts an actual real amount of time and can read the screen at anytime of day. I mean if any other company takes some noteson the pebble and used there own aesthetics we would have some competition. Till then the smartwatch is a meme besides pebbles its ugly but works moto.
>>
When do you guys think Smart Watches will be of standard use like Smartphones
>>
>>54746908
When they arent shitty at being a watch.
>>
>>54746908
When apple releases their next watch that introduces essential features Android Wear has had for 2 years and lasts a whole day on a charge
>>
What does the pebble core run then?
If it's got linux on it then that's fucking neat.
>>
>>54747599
Android.
This is gonna be fucking awesome.
>>
>wearing a watch

faggots

the pi zero is one step closer to me cutting open my arm and having a computer in the side of my arm, fuck you
>>
Pebble core would be neat but Android is way too fat for a headless device. NetBSD or some Debian flavor would be a much, much better fit. Both are lighter and natively support proper software development languages without gimpy redheaded stepchild NDK bullshit.
>>
>>54745971
It's probably worth waiting til they announce something AFTER this kickstarter. I'm guessing an update to the pebble time round is inevitable.
>>
>>54745971
looks fucking gay and useless. what self important fuckwad needs to have access to their sms / uber / etc 24/7. both the 2 and time 2 look ugly too
>>
If I ever had a use for a smartwatch, a Pebble is definitely what I'd get. Yet, what, three generations in and I still can't make sense of buying one? Health can't possibly be it.
>>
>>54745999
underrated post
>>
>>54747703
>but Android is way too fat for a headless device. NetBSD or some Debian flavor would be a much, much better fit.
I too hate working power management on ARM chips.
>>
>>54746378
>Halfway through the day
Not to shill Android wear by any means, but the battery life problem is incredibly overstated. People just use really power inefficient watch faces, and the updates to this ear have helped battery life a good amount. This is my G Watch R that I've had for a little over a year with the always-on screen enabled.

I admit though, having to only charge it once a week would be nice, but idk if I ok update even want to sleep with it on.
>>
>>54748411
>If I ok update

If I want to
>>
>>54745999
>he wasn't even supposed to be on stage that day
>>
>>54746102
This.
Why would you want a device that is thinner, lighter, cheaper and lasts 10x longer on a charge and is waterproof ? why ?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-25-23-17-26.png (155 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-25-23-17-26.png
155 KB, 1440x2560
>>54748411
>>54748420
Also fucking image Jesus Christ I need sleep
>>
>>54746908
When it will serve a real purpose.
They are nice devices but "I don't have to take my phone out of my pocket to see who is calling me" is a meme made of pure mememium.
>>
is it just me or does that voice piss you off tremendously?
>hey kickstarter
>starting at just $169 dollaroos
>best thing since immunity to bubonic plague
>>
Those are some nice updates, would really like the heart rate monitor but I can't justify replacing my functioning original model. Wakes me up nice and great for music so I'll hold off.

Core likes garbage for my purposes, and other than running I can't figure out why someone would want it.
>>
I'm good. Already ordered a Choose Blocks
>>
>>54747649
>not cutting your arm off and getting a robot arm with a computer
fucking pleb
>>
File: 54.jpg (18 KB, 288x247) Image search: [Google]
54.jpg
18 KB, 288x247
>smartwatch meme isn't dead yet

why
>>
Why don't they make modular smartwatches?

If I'm going jogging I can just detach the screen, add new wifi support by replacing the wireless module, etc...
>>
>>54745971
NO APPS
WORSE THAN THE WINDOWS PHONE
>>
>>54751406
Pebble has more apps than the Apple Watch, like over 8000 vs 2000
>>
>>54750889
THEY DO.

Www.chooseblocks.com
>>
>>54751889
Http://chooseblocks.com

Now ckickable
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.