[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to legally obtain a Windows 10 ltsb ISO? And
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 8
File: 8-Start1.png (3 MB, 2846x1600) Image search: [Google]
8-Start1.png
3 MB, 2846x1600
Is it possible to legally obtain a Windows 10 ltsb ISO?

And are there downsides to using it as a main OS? Besides not having access to any of Microsoft's bullshit?
>>
As far as I know there is no legal way, you need to pirate and activate with something like KMS
>>
No, you have to get it from KAT. https://kat.cr/windows-10-enterprise-n-rtm-msdn-x64-en-us-t11016778.html
Downside is you won't get a lot of updates (like 1511/November which added a whole bunch of shit).
I use Education version (which you can get an ISO of legally) because you all the privacy settings of Enterprise with updates, but it comes with the W10 apps that you have to remove manually and a watermark that you have to run a watermark disabler to get rid of.
>>
File: 1453682163243.jpg (133 KB, 527x588) Image search: [Google]
1453682163243.jpg
133 KB, 527x588
What are the pros of using this version of Windows 10?
>>
>>54745237
All spying can be disabled and no metro apps (if you don't want 'em).
>>
>>54745264
Oh nice. I'm checking some torrents sites and most of the torrents say "Windows 10 LTSB March or January" why is this?
>>
>>54745293
Probably include updates up until then. Don't know if they've been tampered with though.
>>
>>54745303
Cool. Thanks!
>>
Using ltsb version currently. Feels like windows 7 with better design and better task manager, after running debloat script. Don't really care about updates and not ising any of them windows store, metro, w.e. apps.
>>
>>54745338
>debloat script

Care to share any links?
>>
>>54745338
What scripts are there you can use for Windows 10? Googling gives me a bunch of shady shit that I'm not sure I want to run. I upgraded from 7 to 10 and went legit, and turned off cortana, etc. What else is there I can do? I have a backup image of pre-upgrade.
>>
>>54745354
>>54745369
Probably talking about this
http://pastebin.com/raw/AiCWkTQa
Pretty sure Anti-beacon & ShutUp10 do the same thing.
>>
File: 1463971641674.gif (2 MB, 1718x938) Image search: [Google]
1463971641674.gif
2 MB, 1718x938
>>54744930
>>
>>54745380
Noice. Could i run Aegis over this too?
>>
>>54745433
Fuck off with your update packets. Do you even know how to read Wireshark? The majority of those are sending HIM packets, not the other way around (assuming that's even his local IP).
https://youtu.be/wkahckjo0FA

>>54745435
I think it's redundant but it shouldn't break anything.
>>
>>54745486
Ok, thanks.
>>
How does this function with DX12? I suppose the same right? I am thinking about getting it.
>>54745338
Post screenshot of homescreen, how did you activate?
>>
>>54745598
Yeah it's the same. Not him but I activated with http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/28669-Microsoft-Toolkit-Official-KMS-Solution-for-Microsoft-Products
>>
>>54745369
>What else is there I can do?

install linux. Why would you stay on an operating system that makes you have to find workarounds to make it usable, when you can just use linux instead?

Before you say that you can't just use linux -
Use ubuntu if you have to
>>
>>54745662
Why do freetards come in to every thread trying to preach their shitty OS?

>Why would you stay on an operating system that makes you have to find workarounds to make it usable
THIS IS LITERALLY LINUX
>>
>>54745699
>calls other people's OS shitty while defending Windows 10
Unbelievable irony
>>
>>54745662
I've used it plenty. I do like it, a lot, actually. I wouldn't call that making it 'usable.' I run Ubuntu as my HTPC for Plex and it serves me well enough.

This anon >>54745699 explains it well. Quite the opposite actually; the only thing I had to install upon upgrading (and fresh installing) 10 was graphic drivers; which update did for me, so the ease of convenience is nice. I used to fanboy pretty hardcore on 7, but after slapping classic shell on it I can say I like the UI a bit better.

I believe you make a valid point however. I think my decision to use Linux is solely based off a couple of things, like hardware support. At work, my co-worker uses Ubuntu. When I was promoted to work in the same area as him, the boss ordered me a pc and I was to do whatever to it I saw fit. It came pre-prepared with 10 of course; but I tried Ubuntu. Due to the particular hardware inside (AMD + their internal graphics line) didn't work too well with dual monitors. Even after installing Arandr, and trying multiple DEs like lubuntu, Kubuntu, and unity, I couldn't achieve the same feel I was used to. I went back to 10 and within 30 minutes I was fully operational and back to work.

Anyways, my point being is depending on the hardware, Linux can be more of a pain in the ass then it's worth sometimes. I don't mind having to fix something every now and then, but if I do, I want those fixes to stick. Every time I booted Ubuntu, my monitor configurations were backwards and I had to fix it every time.

tl;dr too used to the microsoft cock, tried to pretend linux was the same, ended up realizing what I wanted the entire time was a trouble-free experience where I dont have to fix shit every single day
>>
>>54745699
>Before you say that you can't just use linux -
>Use ubuntu if you have to
Ubuntu holds your hand through everything.

>Why do freetards come in to every thread trying to preach their shitty OS?

Because Microsoft finally hit that point where they are carrying out unacceptable behavior, yet those of us that ought to know better are still continuing to use it anyways.

You are having to run shit in cmd and install potentially unreliable third party software to get it working.
>>
>>54744930
>And are there downsides to using it as a main OS? Besides not having access to any of Microsoft's bullshit?

Yes locked down early build of windows 10 with no features update.

Also windows 10 enterprise offers you the same service limitation like ltsb, it's absolutely the same.
>>
>>54745220
0 seeders 0 leechers

Thanks for posting a dead link, anon.
>>
>>54745792
>no u
ep*c
While I didn't even defend Windows 10 or even Windows in the post and I could've been an OS X user for all you knew.
Here are your options
Run one script or program ("workaround") and have access to the most widely supported and maintained operating system (this goes for 7 & 8 too) of all time with none of the privacy issues.
OR
Install a shitty half-assed freetard OS with no software support unless you use WINE (a workaround), where even then a lot of shit doesn't work, has awful performing "free" drivers and buggy as fuck proprietary drivers that you need to fuck around with (workaround) to get working, try to find native software on repos that aren't even up anymore half of the time, etc.

>>54745820
>You are having to run shit in cmd and install potentially unreliable third party software to get it working.
The source of the script is right there. Once again, third party unreliable software is the point of Linux (well not the unreliable part, but it turned out that way anyway).
>>
>>54745859
Still works.
>>
>>54745859
>>54745891
Never mind worked for me the other day even with 0/0 showing I guess everyone finally stopped
>>
>>54745180
>>54745220
Am I missing something here?
>>
>>54745220
>>54745859
>>54745891
>>54745913
that's the wrong link it's supposed to be https://kat.cr/windows-10-enterprise-ltsb-n-rtm-msdn-x64-en-us-t11017266.html but it got taken down for copyright
>>
>>54745942
Well yeah if you have an MSDN subscription you can get it but if OP had one he'd know that and it's like a fucking thousand dollars.
>>
>>54745879
Well between all that, I really can't come up with an argument.

I guess you win anon.
I still use Windows 8.1 on my laptop, but when I finally build my own PC, I think I'm switching to Linux for good, not because of being poorfag college student or that I'm a masochist, but because of the principle.
This isn't stall-man tier autism "muh principles", but it is just that I can't justify using an OS that is set to spy on you by default.
>>
I have one on my thumb drive. it's not bloated at all. no cortana aps etc

but it also gets less updates I guess which arent needed anyway. but yeah . works great.

pretty much like a windows 7 install but windows 10

you have ot make account but it is easy an dno email stuff

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/57077-Paul-s-quot-X-quot-files
>>
>>54745614
Is this legit? I have a legal WIn10 Pro key, so is it worth it to migrate to this? Benefits?
>>
>>54746053
Only benefit is that you can completely disable spying and if you don't want metro apps it doesn't have them (except settings). On the other hand you get less updates.
>>
>>54746072
So how does it look? Screenshot?
>>
>>54746182
Looks exactly the same as regular Win 10 (except no coloured title bars because you can't get that update which is why I use Education instead).
>>
>>54746193
Y edu?
>>
>>54746244
Same privacy settings as Enterprise, but gets more updates. Also comes with a stupid watermark on the desktop that you have to run a watermark disabler to get rid of.
>>
It's really nice to have an actual fresh/clean Windows install with none of the metro bullshit and literal ads in the start menu. Makes me wonder why Microsoft didn't put out LTSB as an option for consumers as well, as it really feels like what Windows SHOULD be.

There's still the weird shit where like half the control panel is new and half is still legacy but NO ADS IN THE START MENU THANK JESUS
>>
>>54745879
For this logic to work the following statements needs to be true:
>with none of the privacy issues
You cannot know this in the first place

>shitty half-assed freetard OS
How is this an argument? this is only an opinion, you are the first one who got triggered by the opinion of someone else and now you're trying to force your opinion on other people?

>with no software support unless you use WINE (a workaround)
This is very subjective and only true for certain users, not all.

>where even then a lot of shit doesn't work
Again this claim needs to be true for your logic to work and my own experience has been completely different to yours, i invite everyone to try by themselves, most hardware in fact works ootb and the few proprietary drivers needed can be downloaded directly from the OS.

>(a workaround)
In both cases is a workaround but the roots of the problem are different, with linux you're using workaround for problems caused by lack of resources or the unwillingness of third parties to support the platform, with windows you're using workarounds for defending yourself from things your software provider are doing on purpose. If you don't see any difference then no one can help you.

>has awful performing "free" drivers
The most problematic drives has been the ones for AMD gpus and that is changing, the rest is about optimization from the people who makes the software.

>buggy as fuck proprietary drivers
The only driver i know where ths is true is the fglrx and now is deprecated.

>try to find native software on repos that aren't even up anymore half of the time, etc.
be more specific, how can you make this claim?

>third party unreliable software is the point of Linux
Again, if you don't grasp the difference between an honest mistake and something pushed on the user on purpose you're beyond help, you're basically defending something you should be asking to stop.
>>
I'll just ask here instead of making a new thread

Easy way on win7 to stop win10 from installing while keeping automatic updates on?
>>
>>54746320
Post more pictures please.
>>
>>54746331
I think http://ultimateoutsider.com/downloads/GwxControlPanelSetup.exe works
>>
File: 2016-05-25_21-48-33.png (988 KB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-25_21-48-33.png
988 KB, 3840x2160
>>54746332
What do you want to see exactly? Both my rigs run it but it's just Windows 10.
>>
>>54746320
>Makes me wonder why Microsoft didn't put out LTSB as an option for consumers as well
Because they want to milk the consumers for all the money they can
>>
>>54746358
I wanted to see how it looked compared to Pro, like the menu.
>>
File: 2016-05-25_21-49-30.webm (2 MB, 500x1010) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-25_21-49-30.webm
2 MB, 500x1010
>>54746358
>>54746332
start menus, absent you will see are all the trash that comes with windows
>>
>>54746367
well I don't remember the default, I make my start menus smaller than default but above I posted my start menus. They have a lot of non-MS stuff in them though obviously
>>
>>54746374
>>54746390
Holy shit thanks man, this looks so much better! Anything else worth seeing? Did you activate with KMS also?
>>
>>54746432
Yes, I stole my copy of Windows.
Nothing else really worth seeing, but you can ``officially'' turn off telemetry services on enterprise.
>>
>>54746329
>This is very subjective and only true for certain users, not all.
A lot of users. Hope you don't like Adobe updates.

>In both cases is a workaround but the roots of the problem are different
Still a workaround to get it working.
Installing different applications to different locations requires what would be considered workarounds because of Linux's shared libraries.

>The most problematic drives has been the ones for AMD gpus and that is changing
It may be changing but it's still bad.

>The only driver i know where ths is true is the fglrx and now is deprecated.
Sound drivers can also have a lot of problems.

>be more specific, how can you make this claim?
A lot of the time when I was using Ubuntu, PPAs would just 404 when I added them, or the software was no longer available in them. Had a similar problem a few times on Arch using links straight from their wiki but it was too long ago for me to remember the details.

>Again, if you don't grasp the difference between an honest mistake and something pushed on the user on purpose you're beyond help, you're basically defending something you should be asking to stop.
No, third party software is LITERALLY the point of Linux. It's supposed to be GNU core shit, Linux kernel, a few other basics and then the user picks what else they want for what they need. Most of that third-party shit is, well, shit. Windows comes with a full just werks package. You don't even need to run a script or program to disable things, you can do it manually, it's just a lot quicker to use a script.
>>
>>54746490
>A lot of users. Hope you don't like Adobe updates.
How true is this actually? Depending on the person there's a good amount of alternatives for doing the same work. I understand if a person already invested time learning an specific tool, in this case if the person cannot invest time learning another tool then linux will not be viable for that person, however this doesn't mean that the work cannot be done on linux. Don't get me wrong windows has the best tools in most cases regarding certain jobs like civil engineering, but how many people actually has a hard unavoidable dependency on windows? hell, even a much more limited operative system like chromeOS is selling well because it comes preinstalled.

>Still a workaround to get it working.
Again, if you don't grasp or don't care about the difference between an honest mistake and something pushed on the user on purpose then i can't do much for you.

>Installing different applications to different locations requires what would be considered workarounds because of Linux's shared libraries.
First, how many people actually needs to move the intall locations often?, also aren't you the one advocating for convenience? because the package managers automatize most things for you. Second there's stand alone installers for linux as with windows so this is not actually a limitation on linux, most people uses the package manager because is more convenient.

>It may be changing but it's still bad.
Yes, regarding the AMD gpu driver, but what i said is that this is not true for most drivers and you didn't replied to that.

>Sound drivers can also have a lot of problems.
Again, how many of the existing common sound drivers has problems compared to the ones that works fine?, talking about claims that cannot be proved a lot of my friends' computer's audio driver stopped working with the windows 10 update so for me the claim that this doesn't happen on windows is false.
>>
>>54746674
>A lot of the time when I was using Ubuntu, PPAs would just 404 when I added them, or the software was no longer available in them.
Ok, so simply let every person to test this by themselves to see if the situation is as bad as you claim, i don't fear to be proved wrong because i'm sure you're lying or you're basing your arguments in a very small sample.

>Had a similar problem a few times on Arch using links straight from their wiki but it was too long ago for me to remember the details.
So bassically you accept you don't know what you're talking about and that your experience is very limited.

>No, third party software is LITERALLY the point of Linux.
I never said otherwise

>It's supposed to be GNU core shit, Linux kernel, a few other basics and then the user picks what else they want for what they need.
yes, i like that i know i have a lot of options.

>You don't even need to run a script or program to disable things, you can do it manually, it's just a lot quicker to use a script.
True but consider MS is dong this on purpose and you're accepting it in their terms, not telling you to change your operative system but think about the intentions of your software providers and how they treats you.
>>
>>54746674
>How true is this actually? Depending on the person there's a good amount of alternatives for doing the same work
LibreOffice is not even in the same tier as MS Office.
GIMP can't even match Paint.net letalone come close to Photoshop.
Video editors, DAWs, basically anything outside a web browser doesn't have a good Linux alternative.

>Again, if you don't grasp or don't care about the difference between an honest mistake and something pushed on the user on purpose then i can't do much for you.
Of course there's a difference between the cause but the outcome is the same. Workarounds.

>First, how many people actually needs to move the intall locations often?, also aren't you the one advocating for convenience?
I do a lot between my SSD and HDD. Hitting "Next" if you don't need it isn't an inconvenience.

>is not true for most drivers
But it is true for some MAJOR drivers, that AMD one is the biggest offender

>the claim that this doesn't happen on windows is false
No one said it never happens on other OSs.

>i'm sure you're lying or you're basing your arguments in a very small sample
What would I have to gain from lying about this?

>So bassically you accept you don't know what you're talking about and that your experience is very limited.
Within Arch, yeah. It was a while ago. All I remember was I was trying to set up a driver and the link (and mirrors) on the wiki were down.

>yes, i like that i know i have a lot of options.
But a lot of the options are fucking garbage. See - point one.

>think about the intentions of your software providers and how they treats you
I don't care what the intention is because I can easily turn it off.
>>
>>54746833
>LibreOffice is not even in the same tier as MS Office.
For who?
>GIMP can't even match Paint.net letalone come close to Photoshop.
In my opinion your first statement is false, photoshop is better but it can be run in wine.
>Video editors
There's lightworks and kdenlive
>DAWs
Bitwig
>basically anything outside a web browser doesn't have a good Linux alternative.
Let everyone who read this to think by themselves if this claim is true or just an exageration.

>Of course there's a difference between the cause but the outcome is the same. Workarounds.
If the workaround part is the only think you care then go for it.

>I do a lot between my SSD and HDD.
Yours is a corner case at best, also why don't you just mount your /usr partition in your HDD?

>Hitting "Next" if you don't need it isn't an inconvenience.
On linux you can mark a list of program for install and uninstall them and this is done automatically, not saying that the windows way is terrible but try to install or uninstall multiple program from installers without the "workarounds" you hate that much.

>But it is true for some MAJOR drivers, that AMD one is the biggest offender
As you said, "some", but how big is the situation you're describing actually? If this were true live media wouldn't be viable in the first place.

>No one said it never happens on other OSs.
So again, how bad is the situation actually compared to linux? is as bad as you described?

>What would I have to gain from lying about this?
4chan is not a good place to ask this, just look at the catalog.

>Within Arch, yeah. It was a while ago. All I remember was I was trying to set up a driver and the link (and mirrors) on the wiki were down.
Will not say you're lying but on my exprience the arch wiki is one of the most useful ones, so bad for you.
>>
>>54746973
>But a lot of the options are fucking garbage. See - point one.
That's your opinion mate, if you're the guy who said this:
>Why do freetards come in to every thread trying to preach their shitty OS?
The you was the first one to get triggered by other person's opinion andhaven't managed to convice me that you're opinion can be right or most of your claims to be true at least.

>I don't care what the intention is because I can easily turn it off.
Ok, the go for it, as long you accept that you're disregarding that part because is not in your priorities then i have no problem.
>>
>56 replies
>16 posters
>>
>>54745220
>not getting updates
>bad thing

It's like you can't get enough bonnet can you anon? You always need the latest and greatest when it comes to letting Microsoft fuck you
>>
>>54746973
>For who?
Anyone who wants to do anything more than basic word processing.

>photoshop is better but it can be run in wine.
Newest version doesn't work.
I know there ARE video editors and DAWs, but they aren't as good as the proprietary alternatives (Premiere, Vegas, FL, Ableton).

>Yours is a corner case at best
Not really, SSD+HDD is becoming a lot more common, especially on laptops.

>also why don't you just mount your /usr partition in your HDD
I don't want it all in my HDD. And that's a workaround.

>On linux you can mark a list of program for install and uninstall them and this is done automatically
Not native but there is a free program that does this.

>As you said, "some", but how big is the situation you're describing actually
>So again, how bad is the situation actually compared to linux
Mainly video and sound problems. Take into consideration Linux's market share, then look at the results found on Google for "linux sound drivers not working" vs "windows sound drivers not working" and same for video.
>>
OP here. Thanks for all the info you guys

>>54745942
Any chance you could put the x64 USA-English iso up on MEGA? Or at least find an MD5 so I can check the KAT file?
>>
>>54747129
>Anyone who wants to do anything more than basic word processing.
Depends on what you consider basic word processing, look i'm not saying LO is better than MSO, in fact i think MSO is a great piece of software, but i definitely don't think your main claim that LO can only do "basic word processing" is true.

>Newest version doesn't work.
Well, i'm talking about the CS6 but i know a lot of people who works with older versions.

>I know there ARE video editors and DAWs, but they aren't as good as the proprietary alternatives
Please research a bit before claiming things, google is your friend, lightworks and bitwig are proprietary and a lot of people consider them very good.

>I don't want it all in my HDD. And that's a workaround.
Ok, you win but i still think your's is a corner case and on top disregarding the advantages of package managers is your loss.

>Not native but there is a free program that does this.
Chocolatey? if that's what you're thinking test both and decide for yourself what is better.
>>
>>54747154
http://pastebin.com/raw/mdxGtPLV
>>
>>54747313
>Take into consideration Linux's market share, then look at the results found on Google for "linux sound drivers not working" vs "windows sound drivers not working" and same for video.
You're right to certain extent but at least were now in a more reasonable position. As you say certain hardware manufacturers don't care about linux and don't support it, this is true, and is also true that if you have one of those pieces of hardware a linux distro will not work fine for you. But at least you must accept this is a very different claim from your initial one. In my own experience most hardware has worked ootb, when i recommend a linux distro i always check with the live media if all the hardware has good support and the only thing i can tell is that 9 of each 10 times all the hardware is compatible and works fine. I consider most of the linux distros better in a lot of ways like customization, resource management, tons of useful software available at 0 cost, useful error messages if there's a problem and practically not restrictions for most of the available software in general. So when i see a computer is compatible i don't fear to recommend a linux distro, otherwise i make very clear what hardware is not compatible and that it may not be a good idea to install it.
>>
Microsoft media creation tool will download you win10 onto flash drive or .iso
>>
>>54747316
Wow, ok

Thanks /g/, you're a pal
>>
>>54747313
>Depends on what you consider basic word processing
Their Word equivalent is good enough
Their Excel equivalent isn't anywhere near as good as Excel
They don't have a OneNote equivalent at all

>Well, i'm talking about the CS6
CC 2015 at least doesn't work. I don't think 2014 did either.

>lightworks and bitwig are proprietary and a lot of people consider them very good
Didn't know they were proprietary, infact I'd heard Lightworks was open source but apparently that's not the case, but I did do a bit of googling beforehand for comparisons and found that FL & Ableton are almost always recommended over Bitwig and I can't find much in the way of Premiere/Vegas vs Lightworks comparisons, but from what I can see it's more of a budget option.

>Chocolatey
That's one way. There are also a few programs that mass uninstall and a few programs that mass install basics. I don't mass install/uninstall at all though so I'm not really experienced in that regard.
>>
File: 1460937591906.jpg (42 KB, 712x712) Image search: [Google]
1460937591906.jpg
42 KB, 712x712
What sort of "telemetry" does the pro edition even send to Windows that'd warrant using enterprise edition just to get rid of it?

Is there nothing you can download/edit in registry/whatever the fuck to do to not have to deal with that in the pro edition?
>>
>>54747438
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/itpro/windows/manage/configure-windows-telemetry-in-your-organization
You can only turn down to basic in regular Win 10. It's up to you whether it's worth it or not.
>>
So does anyone know what all these links are?

https://kat.cr/search/windows%2010%20ltsb/?from=opensearch

The LTSB iso from the pastebin link is from 2015, are these March 2016 links not trustable?
>>
>>54747490
Wouldn't you make your own iso with the updates you want slipstreamed in?

I'll never understand how you people even find /g/
>>
>>54747490
they're all either not english, 32 bit or not direct from ms (so maybe tampered with)
>>
>>54747427
>Their Excel equivalent isn't anywhere near as good as Excel
I concur on this, for certain places with heavy amounts of data is not suitable, is getting better but is still subpar.

>They don't have a OneNote equivalent at all
There's other programs for that.

>CC 2015 at least doesn't work. I don't think 2014 did either.
It has a gold rating but who knows, at least i can confirm cs6 works fine.
https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=32438

>FL & Ableton are almost always recommended over Bitwig
>but from what I can see it's more of a budget option
This is a matter of preference i think, also don't believe me but the latest versions of kdenlive are pretty nice even being free as beer, it may be a good option for users that doesn't need very advanced features (in fact i think kdenlive has a big number of advanced features but that's just me).

>There are also a few programs that mass uninstall and a few programs that mass install basics. I don't mass install/uninstall at all though so I'm not really experienced in that regard.
fair enough but consider you need to use one of those "workarounds" you hate, in that sense both OS has pros and cons.
>>
Guys, speaking of windows 10, i'm on 8.1 64 bit and I've had windows updates off for like a year now (thank god) or else I would have got suckered into 10 thorugh that new popup "X" button becoming consent to install 10 silently. I'm wondering if there is any smart anon out there that knows what "KB" numbered windows updates have to do with windows 10 so I can avoid those? i'm ready to load up on security patches, office patches, hotfixes, C++ pack updates, and that kind of stuff using the manual windows update feature but since the stupid naming of the windows updates don't tell you what exactly the update is (for example: security update for windows) could mean anything from a flash update to a windows 10 update in disguise. anybody got a good referece for what all windows 10 KB updates are??? would really appreciatly any advice there.
>>
Only download legit ISOs from M$ directly. Use your 31337 cracking programs after installing the real thing and not some Russian malware infested shit.
>>
>>54747521
>There's other programs for that.
Do they have drawing, embedded image and sound support? Because last time I tried none of them did.

>It has a gold rating
And it has a garbage rating on Ubuntu. I haven't tried it on Fedora or Arch, maybe it works, maybe it doesn't but Windows users 100% wouldn't want Arch.

>This is a matter of preference
I'll agree on that

>fair enough but consider you need to use one of those "workarounds"
I don't really agree that this is a workaround any more than installing Chrome or Firefox to use instead of IE as a workaround. I consider fucking around in config files forever and potentially breaking things just to get a barely working fix as a workaround, but if you want to, fine.

>OS has pros and cons
Of course. nothing is perfect.

>>54747581
https://github.com/th3power/aegis-voat
>>
>>54747592
Link to ~official~ Windows 10 ISOs?
>>
>>54747618
httpx://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
>>
>>54747630
Thanks fampai.
>>
>>54747600
>Do they have drawing, embedded image and sound support? Because last time I tried none of them did.
Not a fan of that kind of programs but take this:
http://alternativeto.net/software/microsoft-onenote/?platform=linux
Also you can use the web version of one note or evernote:
http://alternativeto.net/software/microsoft-onenote/?platform=online

>And it has a garbage rating on Ubuntu. I haven't tried it on Fedora or Arch, maybe it works, maybe it doesn't but Windows users 100% wouldn't want Arch.
It's mostly not about the operative system but the version of wine, you cant use playonlinux to fetch almost any version including patched versions.

>I consider fucking around in config files forever and potentially breaking things just to get a barely working fix as a workaround, but if you want to, fine.
such as?
>>
>>54747630
>Doesn't even provide sha, md5 or any other sort of checksums.
MS is litterally 9GAG of tech.
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.