[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help me guys. My 980ti ACX will sometimes get up to 75ish degrees.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: image_2.jpg (328 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image_2.jpg
328 KB, 1920x1080
Help me guys. My 980ti ACX will sometimes get up to 75ish degrees. I don't want that at all. My power supply is facing fan down right now, if I flip it upside down will I get better Temps? What else can I do to cool it better?
Pic unrelated but it's my gift to you if you help.
>>
I know I'm not supposed to ask for help but you guys seem nice enough
>>
read the sticky and fuck off
>>
My r9 290x goes to 95 degrees.
>>
>>54744435
So this is somewhat normal then?
>>
when my 970 hits 71c i can smell it
>>
>>54744435
My 290x goes to 75c
Be a man, buy a new cooler
>>
If I'm to understand what you're telling us, OP, I don't think blowing hot air from your power supply onto your already hot graphics card will help cool it. If I were you, I'd make sure that the fans on the front of your case are sucking air in, and the fans on the back are pushing it back out, just to make sure you're not either building up pressure, or creating zones. Barring that, I'd either invest in some more case fans, or if worst comes to worst, underclock your GPU a bit so it doesn't get so hot.
>>
>>54744525
>*dead zones
>>
>>54744525
Thanks for the response, I have two pull fans in the front, 1 exhaust, and my power supply pulls the air from my graphics card and exhausts it. Or that's what I wanted at least. I will definitely buy some more exhaust and pull fans.
>>
>>54744412
>nvidia housefires
Get polaris
>>
It is normal for a GPU to reach those temps, when gaming.
>>
>>54744412
75 degrees is fine
>>
>>54744412
Download Nvidia Inspector and set the power target below 100%. Set the temp target lower as well.
>>
>>54744598
I'd honestly just add an extra exhaust. I think it also depends on how big your case is. I have an overclocked R9 280 (which should, by all rights, be producing tons of heat), and the highest temps I ever get are around sixty degrees under load, and I only have two case fans. Back when I had six, I was only five degrees cooler, so there's kind of a limit to how much they'll help. That being said, if you have a small case, looking into something bigger might help too.
>>
>>54744469
Thats the flux used on the solder it takes a while to get away.
>>
>>54744483
My gtx 680 goes to 70°c.

Based gigabyte.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.