[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anti Virus
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 1464061768298.png (484 KB, 404x600) Image search: [Google]
1464061768298.png
484 KB, 404x600
I am a long time AVG free user and lately its been driving me insane! I have turned off all system tray notifications, and they still pop up. I have tried the work around where you delete a couple folders (cant remember which) from its directory and it is still bugging me all the damn time....What are my options? I would like to continue to use AVG because it works nicely, and I also prefer free.
>>
POO
>>
>>54743805
You used an AV that literally sold you, you should have read their updated TOS you fucking retard. Also stop using an AV, just get uBlock Origin and that's all you need, maybe get MBAM to scan sketchy files.
>>
>>54743805
Why would you even install AVG free when Windows defender exists? Its not great, but neither is AVG.
>>
>>54743851
Ublock as in the chrome extension? what exactly does that do for me? MBAM= malwarebytes?Also do you really suggest no antivirus..?
>>
>>54743805
I used to be a big fan of the Common SenseĀ® series of Anti-Virus products, but now I just use Linux.
It just works.
>>
>>54743874
Years ago this kid who appeared smarter than me suggested it so Ive used it ever since just because of faith in what I thought was a higher power. I also just disable anything windows ever wants to do....by habit...
>>
>>54743805
Use Windows built-in AV, turn on your firewall, add a anti-spam HOSTS file, and don't click on shady shit.

Or install Linux and not deal with that shit.
>>
>>54743953
I tried linux out, steep learning curve for me at the time. I was copying code in the cmd line and wasnt even sure if it was doing what it said it was supposed to be doing. Im still a noob. What is a HOSTS file.
>>
File: 1461959360534.jpg (70 KB, 640x513) Image search: [Google]
1461959360534.jpg
70 KB, 640x513
>>54743896
Also. Best AV
>>
>>54744044
see this >>54743995
maybe some day linux will become a thing but not now.
>>
>>54744051
I cant tell if this is mocking me lol, like I should just be using my common sense....
>>
For real though AV software is only like 20% effective.
>>
>>54744106
I am certain one day I will be using a unix OS, however for now during my learning stage I would like an OS I (mostly) know and understand.
>>
>>54744106
in addition to >>54744149
what makes it "so much" better? Windows can open and run the same software and save the same type of files...
>>
>>54744197
Nigga you are just so unaware. Its really too much to say in one post, plus I'm lazy, but once you start using your OS not like a noob, you'll see the amazingness and suble, beautiful intricacies of using linux over windows for coding. I'll give you 1 of many of the nice things linux offers just to possibly whet your appetite, native redirected input and output. Thats all you get from me for now, you'll have to discover the rest for yourself.
>>
>>54744477
You negged me, but thanks I think.
>>
Just download ubuntu, Linux doesn't get viruses silly.
>>
>>54744477
if you mean how you can have consol output put into a text file, Im sure that windows does that too.

Also, a better statement is linux wont just do shit without you wanting it to like windows will.
svchost.exe is what finally put me off of using windows.
>harddrive click click click
>97% cpu usage
>fans at full speed
>take of eminent, please fasten seat belts
>>
>>54743805
Dude just torrent download avg Internet security suite and use the included keys. You'll have to change the key periodically if they blacklist the keys but it is so much better than the free version
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.