[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
8gb ram
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 51EAyrc8FdL._SY300_.jpg (24 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
51EAyrc8FdL._SY300_.jpg
24 KB, 300x300
Heres a question for your Computer minded fellows,

A friend recently gave me a bag of computer parts, in which was a single stick of ddr3 ram, corsair vengeance 8gb. HOWEVER, upon inspection, its one piece of a 2x8gb setup...

Question is, will it work by itself? Or will my Mobo need the other 8gb in order to even recognise one? Pic for attention, though its the same thing
>>
>>54742836
RAM is RAM, you can just pop it in.
>>
>>54742836
dont get veneance ram theyre all red and full with blood, sure theyre fast as shit but they might fry your entire system and leave you pennyless
>>
File: stoner pup.jpg (102 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
stoner pup.jpg
102 KB, 480x480
>>54742836

Slam that fucker in there, he doesn't need his twin brother to work.
>>
>>54742881
so many questions.
>>
>>54742896

and most can be answered with: drugs
>>
>>54742896
State your questions, traveler.
>>
It doesn't need to be paired to work. Make sure the timings and speed match what you already have though.
>>
>>54742836
Yes, it'll work by itself.
>>
>>54742836
Yes it will work on its own if it's the only stick, they come in sets because when using more than one you want them to match (same voltage, timings, latency, etc.

You can match different sets if these things are the same though. I mixed a 2x4GB 1333MHz and 2x2GB 1666MHz kit before since they were both G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 with identical voltage and timings, they just all run at the slowest speed
>>
>>54742896
Just do a 360 and walk away. Its your best bet
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.