[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My old back panel cover that came with my case doesn't fit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20160525_013513.jpg (4 MB, 4208x3120) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160525_013513.jpg
4 MB, 4208x3120
My old back panel cover that came with my case doesn't fit the ports on my new motherboard. What do, /g/? Are there standardized plates I could buy?
>>
there should be a new panel in the motherboard box

you can pop out the panel in the case

alternatively just dont use a panel, they dont do much except look pretty
>>
>>54742283

push harder on the mobo, its not in all the way yet

bending a little is normal, it will fit if you push hard enough
>>
>>54742315
Hmmm
>>
>>54742283
The panel comes with the motherboard not with the case.
>>
>>54742283
If there isnt one in the new motherboards box (which there should be), why dont you just cut the excess metal that gets in the way of the ports. Your old one looks pretty close in terms of the ports positions so just get a cutter to it and clean it up after...
>>
>>54742315
i think pic attached is actually his

the plate doesnt match up to the ports at all, the motherboard has 1 ps/2 port but the plate has 2 ps/2 ports

alternative op, look up your motherboard's model on ebay and find a plate there for like 5 bucks
>>
>>54742283
You could always apply more pressure, try moving the mobo back and forth on the carpet so it's properly seated
>>
>>54742283
your new mobo should've come packaged with its own back panel cover
>>
>>54742283
Lookup the board on ebay and check if someone is selling the I/O Plate only. not that hard OP
>>
Just go without one.
>>
>>54742343
Bought a used mobo, didn't come with
>>
File: 1464030953330.gif (32 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1464030953330.gif
32 KB, 250x250
>everybody knows its a troll thread
>it's a failure idiotic troll, no actual planing involved
>everybody still posts,hurr I'mma pretend I'm smart
>the level of /g/ techie trolling intelligence

Just another troll thread in /g/.
>>
>>54743611
Nice shitpost, you mentally retarded mouth breather.
>>
>>54743686
he's right though
here's to (you)
:^)
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.