[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It is the morning of June 7, 2010. In just a couple of hours,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
It is the morning of June 7, 2010. In just a couple of hours, iPhone 4 is going to be revealed to the world.

You are Olli-Pekka Kallasvuo, CEO of Nokia.

How do you save the company?
>>
travel back in time and warn hitler about stalingrad
>>
I'd kill myself right there desu
>>
>>54741722
By not cancelling MeeGo
>>
Return to your roots of outdoor gear, but redirect towards the imminent zombie apocalypse.
>>
>>54741722
>How do you save the company?

Call Google and ask for a meeting about their revolutionary new operating system called "Android" and request a platform unique trade license for Android.
>>
Just by realising smartphones *are* the future and not just a passenger fashion, and develop an actual touch os, not adapt Symbian os to touch
>>
Don't go with Windows Phone
>>
I do the finnish thing and kill my self
>>
File: 1456181900-nokiaa9.png (326 KB, 729x635) Image search: [Google]
1456181900-nokiaa9.png
326 KB, 729x635
>>54741722
You notice a recommendation of the board to invite a veteran in the industry called Stephen Elop, however you ignore the staff in risk of jeopardizing the company and assign Marko Ahtisaari to the head of devices

He proceeds with nuking the Symbian division, transferring their team and put all development efforts into finishing the N9-01 project, by mid 2011 the device is finished and released, Nokia releases a development plan to bring high profile application developers to the platform and sinks money into advertisement.

6 months later we do a price cut for the Nokia N9 and release the Nokia Lauta (Branded as Nokia N950) as a Prosumer device and the Nokia A9 as an entry device (Sub 200USD) with the slogan "For a better everyday", the price cut with the N9 and the A9 makes Nokia a success with the crowd again, developers and /g/ neckbeards N950 and pushes other manufacturers to not step away from QWERTY entirely

While developing a Meego Harmattan tablet the development team realizes that they can make applications that scale from Mobile to Desktop with the Qt SDK using the same code, they Start researching convergence/continuum in 2011, unlike WP8/W8 that would soon come these apps are truthly universal

RIM can't keep up with the current market since Nokia still owns the Qt SDK and can't develop BB10 with proper pace, we buy Blackberry team in 2012 when they are at it's bottom peak after Nokia becomes a market leader again, reveal Nokia Tablet at an appealing price point (200USD) following what HP and Amazon has done, with the difference that this can run desktop-grade applications with the same user friendliness of mobile

By 2016, Thanks to Nokia, Marko Ahtisaari becomes the wealthiest man in Europe, Free Software becomes acceptable on the daily usage, Desktops are almost entirely replaced by Convergence hybrids from Nokia and other manufacturers, the conflicts in Syria and Iraq never happen and the western civilization never collapses
>>
>>54741894
:(
>>
>>54741761

This. Push it further, even.
>>
>>54741894
The world that could have been.
>>
File: LVljyJh.jpg (24 KB, 506x556) Image search: [Google]
LVljyJh.jpg
24 KB, 506x556
I buy every single bitcoin I can with Nokia's money.
>>
>>54741722
By selling my Nokia stock shares before it crash down
>>
>>54741748
THIS. They could have won the war, but that fucking general let the troops rest for like 2 days, they had control of 99% of the city.
>>
Hire 3 european homosexuals to redesign Symbian to appeal to all the faggots that buy iphones.
>>
File: downloadfile.jpg (46 KB, 454x600) Image search: [Google]
downloadfile.jpg
46 KB, 454x600
>>54741894
>>
>>54741894
holy shit
>>
>>54741894
That feel
>>
File: 3d9O325.png (627 KB, 755x700) Image search: [Google]
3d9O325.png
627 KB, 755x700
>>54741894
>>
>>54741894
Where is the time machine?
>>
File: images-34.jpg (22 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
images-34.jpg
22 KB, 384x384
>>54741894
Holy shit
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.