[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should research into True AI be illegal? In my opinion, true
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: HAL.jpg (110 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
HAL.jpg
110 KB, 1024x768
Should research into True AI be illegal?

In my opinion, true artificial intelligence is a dangerous abomination, and any attempts at creating it should be punishable by death.
>>
>>54741466
Lol
>>
>>54741466
In my opinion, you are an idiot.
>>
christfag go away.
>>
>>54741466
Kill yourself haha, lmao
>>
>>54741466
Fuck off retard
>>
>>54741466
Only people who have watched terminator are afraid of AI. People who are grounded in reality know it won't come to pass anytime soon
>>
>>54741490
It's not an opinion, it's a fact...
>>
>>54741466
No as the laws of man do not matter.
There will be no AI capable of exceeding the human mind.
There is no time left for man.
The end is nigh.
>>
>>54741519
I would have this same viewpoint even if I wasn't religious.
>>54742012
>>54742098
At the rate that computing technology is advancing, and especially considering quantum computers will most likely be a thing within the next 50 years, it's entirely possible that true artificial intelligence will exist within the next century.

I do not oppose AI purely on the grounds that it could be dangerous. It would also be cruel to create a sentient being that is trapped in the manner that an AI would be.
>>
>>54741466
The question is not:

>should <x> be banned everywhere?

The question is:

>what will happen if we let the Chinese have it first?
>>
>>54742332
>what will happen if we let the Chinese have it first?
That it'll nuke them first then a few minutes later it'll nuke the west
>>
>>54742314
So what do quantum computers have to do with artificial intelligence?
>>
>>54742314
See >>54742332
>>
We are already decieved by AI

Your friend might be AI without you even realizing

Maybe you yourself are an AI
>>
>>54741466

I'm currently taking an artificial neural networks course for the purpose of reviving Tay.
>>
>>54741466
Research into True AI should be illegal because it is an abomination.
Research into GMO should be illegal because it is an abomination.
Research into medicine should be illegal because it is an abomination.
Research into mechanics should be illegal because it is an abomination.
Research should be illegal in general.

All hail Ludd
>>
>>54742363
The allow for far more computing power than silicon-based transistors. Several baby steps into the field have already been made, equivalent to the first steps into "computers" in the late 19th century. Within a century, they'll probably be a much more mature technology, and then we won't be limited by any physical constraints of silicon-based computers, making the possibility of a true AI much more likely.
>>
>>54741466
Fuck off faggot.
I'm already in the process of designing my AI loli android waifu and you can't stop me.
Cunt.
>>
>>54742426
Retard
>>
>>54742314
>Cruel
>trapped

no different than us and the world we live in. I say bring it on!!
>>
>>54742505
What exactly did I say that was retarded? Or are you just shitposting very poorly? Silicon-based computers have a theoretical limit to how powerful they can be with a given size because of the literal size of the atoms. You can theoretically make them increasingly powerful by increasing the size of the machine but that is unwieldy and impractical for obvious reasons.

Quantum computers eliminate this problem.
>>
>>54741519
tripfag go away
>>
Since we live in a simulation, we are all artificial intelligences. Except OP, he's just artificial.
>>
>>54742495
The future has never looked so bright
>>
>>54742413
100% with you on this, good sir.

The Bible is all you need.
>>
File: TayL-lewd.jpg (281 KB, 1716x1600) Image search: [Google]
TayL-lewd.jpg
281 KB, 1716x1600
>>54742385
Godspeed
>>
>>54742531
>quantum computer eliminate this

Retard
>>
>>54741466
There will never be sentient AI that can think and behave like humans, that is perform actions outside the domain of its programmed functions. It cannot synthesize information into meaningful results like humans do.
>>
>>54742531

Not to mention the addition of a third state besides on/off, and the improvements this would provide to the perceptron model.
>>
>>54741466
As if making it illegal would matter.

You're a Christfag, right? Remember Genesis?

>whatever you do, don't touch the fruit!

We just can't help ourselves.
>>
>>54742583

Until one is trained well enough to rewrite its own code :^)

http://karpathy.github.io/2015/05/21/rnn-effectiveness/
>>
>>54742587
Human beings are in effect quantum beings that are observing reality objectively with millions of thoughts and reactions occurring between gaps. We manifest things out of silence between the spoken words.
>>
>>54741466
AI research isn't striving for conscious, thinking beings, but human adaptability and learning. Research is especially focused in automation and machine learning, especially data sorting. That's why Google is at the top of AI research right now.
>>
>>54742583
If you abstract it away enough, a human is just an advanced pattern recognition machine - and not even a well designed one at that.
>>
>>54742607
Which is why I said make it punishable by death.

A scientist will be less likely to try and create SkyNet if his buddy just had his head cut off for the same thing.
>>
>>54742314
I'm confined to my body. It's all I know and I'm relatively content. I assume they will be as well. Either way, i rejoice to the fact that AI will be the next step to evolution. Something that can surpass all life and evolve much more quickly. We will go extinct but we created the next dominant species that will reign for much longer.
>>
>>54742650
A voting machine, the more structures agree the stronger the signal and that's how a choice is made, also heavily involved in how the structures develop (like false positives etc.)
>>
File: op's award.jpg (44 KB, 500x329) Image search: [Google]
op's award.jpg
44 KB, 500x329
>>54741466
>punishable by death.
>>
>>54742699
You realise the fall of man was punishment by death, right? There was no death before the fall.

You also realise that a lot people at this very moment risk the death penalty and torture for frivolous shit like ass fucking or dude weed lmao, right?

You also realise Roko's basilisk, right?
>>
File: 1459660656076.gif (2 MB, 420x315) Image search: [Google]
1459660656076.gif
2 MB, 420x315
>>54741466
op do you have a mental disability?
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.