[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
E Ink Creates Full-Color Electronic Paper Display
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
https://news.slashdot.org/story/16/05/24/2141231/e-ink-creates-full-color-electronic-paper-display

<<< screencap of whole article

Welp. Finally some good news in tech.

Now if only those faggots at Apple would actually do something constructive with their billions of wealth,
and actually spent some of it on producing e-readers with good palm-rejection software and stylus to competitively force Sony to reduce the cost of their $700 monstrosity,
i'd actually start giving a fuck about something coming out of Apple for once.
>>
>150 ppi
>0.5 fps
>>
>>54737796
I know right why even bother progressing if you can't be amazing right away?
>>
Something like this combined with sonys digital paper would be godsent
>>
>>54737796
>>>/v/
>>
>>54737762
The e-ink as now is just alright, but this is awesome, if it comes with quicker refresh rate things might change for good
>>
>>54737825
If only Sony's Digital Paper cost half the price.
They make even Jews blush with their pricing.
I'd like it if someone calculated the production cost of the grains and the machines that take part from start to finish in implanting them, and compared it to other production steps;
and then did a general overview of how much the whole thing costs.
I bet Sony would still be gaining massive money, with R&D and production line establishment included in the equation, by selling it at half of what it is now.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.