[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So there's a cat5 cable running from a plastic box next
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 2LFd3BL.png (442 KB, 610x457) Image search: [Google]
2LFd3BL.png
442 KB, 610x457
So there's a cat5 cable running from a plastic box next to my house's power box... I followed the little fellow and it leads directly into my neighbors house. So what's a cat5 bringing them? Is it stealing anything from me? I'm pretty tempted to cut it...or yank it. It's held up by almost nothing, just over a tree. My neighbors are poo in loos so they probably are up to something stupid. Should I just call the cops?
>>
Splice a rj45 into it and snoop around
>>
>>54737302

Cut it, see what happens. Aim a webcam to the place you cut it.
>>
>>54737476
...Good idea. Thanks.
>>
>>54737302
pix of the box ?
>>
File: powerbox.jpg (398 KB, 1035x1125) Image search: [Google]
powerbox.jpg
398 KB, 1035x1125
>>54737617
So see this box?
There's a smaller one next to it now, but definitely looks like it's made of cheap matte plastic with a wire coming out of it.
>>
>>54737617
I could probably pick up the plastic box and toss it. I just don't know if I'd get fined for it or not.
>>
>>54737669
>VA
Don't touch that box
It's probably something important
Don't mind your neighbors
Wire leads to nothing, probably another maintenance box
Don't touch the wire
>>
>>54737694
>>54737669
if you had pictures of the small box we could probably figure out the fuck it is. probably just yank the cable and watch who comes plug it back in.
if it's the neighbors cut cable and call police if it's someone else probably just a maint box.
>>
>>54737722
No no no
Don't yank anything
Box is nothing
Don't touch please
>>
>>54737731
stop stealing the internets pajeet
>>
>>54737314
This op
>>
>>54737694
Public (from your electric company or ISP) hardware installations that have electrical configurations, if you're in the states, are required by law to have either identification stickers and/or FCC approval stickers on them, if the box is a plain plastic box with no labeling and has no identification call your ISP or power company to inquire about it

Don't listen to >>54737707, at the min go check it out to see if it has some sort of labeling, pretend you're trimming the grass around it
>>
>>54737741
No no no
No one's stealing the internet
Wire is probably something important
For the love of God don't touch
>>
File: Untitled-2.jpg (662 KB, 2100x1080) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-2.jpg
662 KB, 2100x1080
>>54737722
Here are some pics I just took...
What's the verdict?
>>
>>54737302
I like having my ball slapped around. Cuz I'm not a wimpy Faggot afraid of a little pain.
>>
>>54737883
Jesus Christ just call your fucking power company you fuck, you can't leave exposed cabling like that in the open, especially throwing it over a fence like that, fucking pajeets did something
>>
>>54737302
Pajeet is confirmed cyberpunk in VA
>>
>>54737883
i think pajeet is jacking your internet bro. I'd go confront them just to make sure ( ask for a internet bill)
>>
>>54737883
>they didn't even dig a hole under the fence and route the cable that way
What utter retards. I would have at least painted it brown and tied it neatly to the fence to minimize your attention to it.
>>
>>54738002
Not a great idea. OP should take more pictures and then call his power or cable company. After they arrive an confirm it isn't legit, he should call the police.
Pajeets have no respect for the law. They will merely get butthurt and will probably try something stupid again if OP just confronts them and allows them to remove it without any consequences.
>>
>>54737883
They are stealing your internet OP
>>
>>54738318
Welp...
Contacting rogers support.
Ah the pleasures of living in Canada... Poo loos everywhere.
>>
>>54738687
>rogers
>not using telus or shaw master race
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.