[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/g/'s opinion on the Z170 Stinger from EVGA? aside from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: evga-z170-stinger-io.jpg (203 KB, 1100x779) Image search: [Google]
evga-z170-stinger-io.jpg
203 KB, 1100x779
/g/'s opinion on the Z170 Stinger from EVGA? aside from the Skylake meme, is it a good motherboard for a content creation Mini ITX build?
Opinions & ideas, also, general Mobo Bread?
>>
Hi LinusTechTips, please do your own research.
>>
>>54731125
I'm actually trying to build a mini ITX build, i'm going to an out of state Uni and I definitely cannot take my full tower build... and I'm working on a CAD class...
>>
IMO its overpriced as hell. Fuck EVGA's branding.
Though it doesn't mean its worthless. EVGA makes reliable mobos but their non gpu products do have hiccups once in a while.

Do you really need something like that anon, especially for an itx build? Get something that's less of a meme and much more functional.
>>
>>54731152
i mean it's only $119~... and there's not really many good Z170 mini ITX boards around that are complete fucking ass wipes, and all previous gen intel ones are pretty much gone.
>>
>>54731174
>>54731152
also, the I/O is actually one of the better ones, a Lot more USB ports than other brands...
>>
>>54731184
Oh shit I actually didn't notice this.

Well check out gigabyte's itx z170 board (GIGABYTE GA-Z170N-WIFI), and if you really need the extra I/o, go with EVGA
>>
>>54731222
>GIGABYTE GA-Z170N-WIFI
I was considering that one too, but the I/O is basically selling the EVGA, although I have to install a WiFi M.2 on the EVGA, it shouldn't be a problem at all, so I'm between the Hawk & the Buzzard.
>>
>>54731113
Truth be told, if you use AUTOCAD, what you need is IPC over total power, and in this the 4790k outperform the 6700k. This because AutoCAD will alwais use One fucking tread. If you use more solidworks and other 3d CAD the 6700 k will performance better. Your choose the beat one. http://www.anandtech.com/show/8276/z97-miniitx-review-at-140-asrock-z97e-itx-msi-z97i-ac-and-gigabyte-z97n-wifi
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.