[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much clickbait do YOU feel is propagated on the internet?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: clickingBait.png (536 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
clickingBait.png
536 KB, 1360x768
How much clickbait do YOU feel is propagated on the internet? And how do you feel about it?
>>
>>54730960
You will NOT believe my current 12 feelings regarding this issue! Click HERE to read more. Number 9 will SHOCK you!
>>
>>54730994
Mind skipping straight to number 9, based tripnigger?
>>
>>54731011
that's not how it works.
>>
>>54731029
>that's not how it works.
I've been hearing that alot lately. Is this a new meme?
>>
>>54730960
Neutral. 4chan is a Darwinian playground for click bait and I post here daily.
>>
>>54731037
"That's not how it works" is about the simplest way that someone can explain to you that you don't understand something. If you're hearing it a lot, it's probably you.
>>
>>54731011
Amazing and heart-breaking! This dad found a hidden letter from his 8-year-old daughter who has leukemia. Click HERE to read her list of wishes.

...as always, number 9 will SHOCK you...

>>54731037
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq_1l316ow8
>>
>>54731064
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq_1l316ow8 [Embed]
As someone who's always found it fascinating how Geico manages to consistently slide by with teh slogan "you COULD save UP TO 15% OR MORE on car insurance." as in you can save literally any amount of car insurance, from zero percent to 100%. You COULD save the world by switching to Geico. You probably won't but you shouldn't rule it out as a possibility.

Based Tripnigger becomes only more based by showing how far Jews will go to outjew other Jews with their deceptive marketing. This esurance video tries to subtly remind you of Geico by mentioning that 15% figure as an exact figure with regard to the insurance policy this CRAZY OLD WEIRD-VOICE woman has, before quickly following up with how you can save a completely unspecified amount of money in 7.5 minutes.
That is 7.5 minutes COULD COULD COULD save you on car insurance. The emphasis is less on how great the savings are and whether or not they'll be worth it, but merely how long it will take to get those savings. Which is EXACTLY half as long as Geico, which they must EXACTLY twice as awesome, RIGHT GOY?
Based Tripnigger, literally can not stop being based.
>>
>>54731171
Just showing the source of the meme, mate, nothing more.
>>
>>54731245
Humble trip, are you on qtox, irc or skype by any chance? You sound like a cool guy I would like to be friends with.
>>
Use video blocker.
I have around 70 channels filtered and it makes using youtube to find fresh content much easier.

Best channels are always from 0 to 1500 subscribers for some reason.
>>
File: palemoon is ff 24.9?.png (109 KB, 608x349) Image search: [Google]
palemoon is ff 24.9?.png
109 KB, 608x349
>>54731319
>video blocker.
Frowny Face
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (489 KB, 2450x1298) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
489 KB, 2450x1298
>>54731260
>You sound like a cool guy I would like to be friends with.
Thanks. I am anti-social, so I do not hang out on those places much, if at all.

But it is so rare to get compliments, that I feel I should give something back. How about a small donation to a local orphanage?
>>
>>54731354
>I do not hang out on THOSE SPECIFIC places much, if at all.
w-well....? where do you?
>>
Feels pretty bad but complaining is futile since it actually works so I can't see it ever disappearing.
>>
>>54731354
>>54731424
>malaysian
likely the lowyat.net forums.
>>
>>54733986
The solution isn't to get rid of clickbait but to kill its food source.

Idiots.

There should be a limit to how much clickbait you are allowed to click in your life, and if you exceed it you forgo reproduction privilege.
Say, 10 times. To account for accidents.
>>
CLICK here to find out the AMAZING secret of why this anon bumped this thread!
>>
The internet itself is clickbait by now. There's literally nowhere on the world wide web you can go without coming across some form of clickbait. Sometimes I wish there was some authority for the internet that enforced some regulations.
>>
>>54734537
But on a more serious note, why the fuck does this shit even work?

Who clicks on those?

I can kinda understand it for stuff like
>click here for the 5 biggest celebrity tits
>the worlds 15 worst failed cosmetic surgeries
where it is pretty obvious that you will see 5 tits or 15 fucked up people, and if you want to see that - why not?

But for "normal" news, I always "filter" such articles, and if they show up often enough, I will just ignore the site.

>AMD developed a new, more efficient CPU.
OK, I know what to expect, that interest me, and my desire to know more intensifies, so I'll click it and probably a few other things on your site
>CHECK out how this underrated chip company REVOLUZIONIZED the PC landscape with this 5 simple tricks doctors dont want you to know about!!!!
WTF? How did I even get here? What the hell are you even trying to say? You headline does not give me any info to work with. Fuck you, I'm outta here, and I will never return.

But it seems like the vast majority thinks different…

Oh well
>check out how this anon found out that most people are retarded with these 7 simple and easy posts…
>>
>>54731354
how about my paypal account?
>>
CLICK HERE to see how Chad is totally getting laid everyday and you're basically fucked in 22 easy tips and tricks spread across 24 pages that will have a popup on each page and 17 ads.
>>
I just found out how to earn thousands of dollar a day with this ONE simple trick! Continue reading below to find out how!

[THIS CONTENT IS RESTRICTED TO USERS WITH A 4CHAN PASS. PLEASE PURCHASE ONE TODAY.]
>>
Check out this one weird chewbacca mom
>>
>>54730960
too much.
Internet should be about sharing useful stuff, not ads.
>>
Learned to mentally filter this out years ago. Doesn't affect me anymore except in one case - when a retarded friend falls for computer related clickbait and makes me answer for it. Worst part is if it's a business.

Hilariously enough when old people get injected into this, I honestly can't tell if it's genuine bait or not. They're 15 years in the past and every time some old person finds out about geotagging, you see one of those "SMARTPHONES CAN TRACK U!!!!! IM OLD AND CANT ACCEPT ANYTHING NEW.... CLICK HERE FOR MORE!!!!!!!" chain letters that gets so many forwards that some shit "savvy" journalist has to acknowledge it.

Reminds me of when the zeus botnet was taken down and there were articles for 3-4 days reading "Today the FBI turned off the entire internet forever"

I am curious if ads could change one day to only give money if the person stayed on the page for more than 10 seconds. Some of these bait articles are just one or two liners. Saw that ex-gawker fag say this, that you put 99% of the work in the title of the page and there doesn't even have to be anything in it.
>>
You won't BELIEVE what per-page ad impression payments have done to the modern headline - with this one weird trick the Facebook security team absolutely hates! Click here to learn more! Number 9 will SHOCK you!!

[Slideshow page 1 of 14, etc, with unrelated ""related articles"" littering the bottom of the page.]

It reminds me of The Sun, but at least they have talented headline punsters writing for a brickie on his lunch with a reading age of 7 who likes tits and doesn't like foreigners.

I wish it didn't work.

I wish NN-ngram analysis could recognise clickbait...
>>
>>54730960
If you want clickbait, watch leafy.
>>
>>54734603
You are not an orphanage.
>>
>>54735369
>with unrelated ""related articles"" littering the bottom of the page
>not the most obnoxious fuckings ads with sound and strobo effects
Ha!
>>
Websites that put up content (even if it's shitty) are only going to make money if you visit their site. Clickbaits are no different than headlines and buzzwords that news stations and papers have been doing for years.
>>
>>54734509
>forgo reproduction privilege.
Oh no, so many people on this board would be affected by that!
>>
>>54731343
idiot
>>
>>54731051
This

Implying 5 fingers or a single dick wasnt evolutionary scale clickbait
>>
Farming those (you)s because your salary depends on it
>>
I think if Tim Berners Lee could have forseen what would become of the web after 25 years, he would have shut the whole fucking thing down
>>
>>54731037
That's not how memes work
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.