[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Things that make you want to switch to Linux from Windows. This
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 5 hours later.png (55 KB, 658x385) Image search: [Google]
5 hours later.png
55 KB, 658x385
Things that make you want to switch to Linux from Windows. This piece of shit every time.
>>
>>54730923
I do programming, and it is ass-backwards on Windows when you even try it a bit on other OS

OS X is also better, but I want to get into ricing too
>>
>>54730923
agree, how dare they update the os.
>>
>>54730923

The constant UPDATE NOW GOYM popups.

Then the constant blue screens every hour. The code suggested it was hardware failure related, yet I've swapped everything out with a test rig and it still happens.

Went to Arch and it works fine.
>>
>>54730923
Everything.
>>
>>>54730976
10 rupees have been deposited into your account pajeet
>>
>>54730980
literally user error for both of those
>>
File: cancer.jpg (30 KB, 448x420) Image search: [Google]
cancer.jpg
30 KB, 448x420
>>54730976
>>54731002
>>
>>54731002

Sure thing pajeet, even though I had no issues beforehand. I even got rid of the registry keys causing the update shit and they replaced it.

Either way I'm much happier now, especially without the random bluescreens.
>>
>tfw looking this issue up and the microsoft moderator is indian

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-update/windows-update-hangs-on-checking-for-updates/b762abf5-655c-4a60-aabc-9f59785bd8d9
>>
>>54730923
>updates always fail when installing many at once
>don't fail when installed one at a time
>>
>>54731111
the solution to that is to follow this guide

https://blog.krissmilne.tech/windows/windows-7/windows-7-stuck-on-checking-for-updates

on a fresh install step 2 should solve the problem, maybe up to 3.
>>
File: 1429892577851.jpg (6 KB, 200x193) Image search: [Google]
1429892577851.jpg
6 KB, 200x193
>>54731137
>Apply updates
>System restarts 10x
>>
>>54730976
>agree, how dare they update the os.
Oh wow. OP is so unreasonable for being critical of Windows. Wait a minutes. Lets amend your post to be a bit appropriate to the complaint.
>agree, how dare they FORCE YOU TO update the os AND SHUT DOWN YOUR COMPUTER AUTOMATICALLY, WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION.
In Linux, when you are offered updates, you have to explicitly give it permission, and in the case of KDE usage, you have to TYPE IN YOUR PASSWORD, in order to verify that your not some cyber bandit who's trying to install bad updates that are tricking your machine. Windows has no such policy for their computers. I doubt most people would care if these updates were automatically OPTIONALLY OFFERED upon SHUTDOWN of the machine when it would be extremely unlikely to impede the user.
>>
>>54731241
The updates are signed by Microsoft so it's near impossible to receive a rogue update.
>>
>>54731259
>its impossible to forge a signature
>>
offline update program my friend problem solved braincell solved life solved go bed
>>
>>54731758
>implying you own a quantum computer running shor's algorithm to break the integer factorization problem and crack RSA to forge microsoft's signature
>>
>>54732511
Wait people arn't supposed to have those? Then how did I get mi.... My new .... Uh..... Watch?
>>
>>54732511
>implying I don't own a computer that travels back in time to tell me the answer to computations before I do them
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.