[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Buy Radeon R9 270 >Pull out old card and put in radeon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: _lqxyjuZ9sY1qzfe3g.jpg (158 KB, 500x685) Image search: [Google]
_lqxyjuZ9sY1qzfe3g.jpg
158 KB, 500x685
>Buy Radeon R9 270
>Pull out old card and put in radeon
>Computer starts up fine and games look fucking gorgeous compared to my old card
>Next day computer won't turn on
>Power light is just flashing
>Buy new 650W power supply
>Turns on but the monitor and keyboard don't light up or display anything
>Put in old graphics card
>Same thing
>Fiddle around a bit
>Get computer to start up but as soon as it hits the windows 7 glowing logo it freezes
>Doesn't do anything
>Turn off computer and turn back on to the 27th power
>Still does this shit over and over
>Try MotherBoard video card
>Does weird shit, broke af, flashing square rainbow colors

What the fucking fuck is wrong with it? My only thought is static electricity got to some part of the motherboard but I'm an idiot so who knows. I googled this shit and tried things and got nothing.

Pic obviously not related
>>
can u get into BIOS? if not your mobo is ded
>>
File: Chqt56jUoAABP3P.jpg (58 KB, 576x1024) Image search: [Google]
Chqt56jUoAABP3P.jpg
58 KB, 576x1024
>falling for the AMD meme
>>
>>54730658
I can in fact get into the BIOS

>>54730675
ass sandals
>>
>>54730708
Hard drive is bad
>>
i would bet your power supply hit the bucket
>>
You forgot to plug in the 4 pin connector on the side of the card maybe?
>>
>>54730774
Literally bought a new one this morning and plugged it in.

>>54730756
That's my second thought. My brother thinks it is just the CMAS battery because as soon as it starts loading the windows settings it freezes.
>>
>>54730801
You mean the 6 pin power connector? The computer wouldn't even display anything if it wasn't m8
>>
Boot in a linux from a pen drive.
It usually excludes software problems.
If it works, time for a clean install.
>>
>>54730845
Noted.
On a side note, whatever happened to the Steam OS Valve was working on? Is that shit or not? I may be willing to try it if I'm clean installing anyway
>>
>>54730708
if u can get into bios then there's nothing wrong with your hardware. backup ur shit and reinstall ur os
>>
>>54730805
nothing excludes the new one coudn't be as fucked as the last. you didn't even told us the brand.
>>
>>54730861
steamOS is just like a normal linux install but worse in every way
>>
this is a blue board u fuk
>>
>>54730907
Thermaltake

>>54731047
Suck my cock bitch. Enraged that you have something new and different? Well eat shit faggot, things change.

>>54730995
gj valve

>>54730907
Fuck me, alright
>>
Depending on how long you've had your old board, you may have broken old solder when you installed the new card.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.