[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are 4K TVs worth it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 4k-970-80[1].jpg (46 KB, 970x545) Image search: [Google]
4k-970-80[1].jpg
46 KB, 970x545
Are 4K TVs worth it?
>>
>>54730475
Only 55" and above
>>
4k is a meme resolution
>>
>>54730587
4X higher resolution to shitty 1080p is not a meme m8
>>
>>54730639
It is if you can't tell the difference from normal viewing distances
>>
>>54730475
pretty useful for CAD, video and photo editing.
>>
>>54730475
No.
>>
>>54730685
If you can't tell the difference you are blind.
Its like the whole "there's no difference between 720p and 1080p" meme all over again
>>
>>54730745
>tfw I always thought this because I had no idea my TV upscales from 720p to 1080p
>>
>>54730475

Yes, 100 times yes

I bought the samsung js9000 last year and running games on titan x... Its like a new build couldnt be done w/o the cherry screen. its totally worth it at 55" minimum for the sweet spot on ppi. Gear is also for editing high fps 1080p

I got used to playing on a 40inch and chose hdr over gsync, its really playable no kidding, its the lowest latency 4k at 20ms

I would buy it again in a heart beat. Thats why the whole debate on gpus and screens is kind of comical when you're happy imo so make sure you do what you want and live your life

Also 4k screen = movie chicks, possible double edge sword. Make sure you buy the top over what youre aiming for so you wont regret it, the last tv I bought was 6yrs ago
>>
WORTH WHAT OP?

WHAT THE FUCK IS "IT"?
>>
>>54730891
Worth the meme
>>
Do you have a 4k source? Then possibly.
Otherwise, of course not.
>>
Remember when you got an HD TV, and 'normal' TV looked like shit? NOW you can buy a 4K TV, and ALL TV will look like shit! AND you get to re-purchase all the content you already own, at a new higher definition!
>>
Just wanted to add that SSAO is amazing in games, the HDR kicks in... And you get 10 or 12 bit color options in the control panel but I run 8 bpc on native.

HDRR is under development for pc games but ssao really is sick on hdr tvs

Also dont buy a fald, just buy led. Fald is like 4x higher electeicity bill. And Amoled isnt meant for gaming at all currently
>>
1440p G-Sync/Freesync or 4K?
Both are expensive (600$+) but I'll probably use them for like 10 years
>>
>>54731057

Gsync only if you're mostly into FPS gaming
Otherwise 4k, dell... Usage first, then gpu, screen
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.