[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Japanese people are tech illiterates.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 242
Thread images: 16
File: 320px-Flag_of_Japan.svg.png (4 KB, 320x213) Image search: [Google]
320px-Flag_of_Japan.svg.png
4 KB, 320x213
>According to a 2015 study by the Japanese Cabinet Office, only 30% of Japanese high schoolers use laptops, and only 16% use desktop computers. (In the US, 98% of our teenagers use one or the other, with similar numbers out of the UK.) According to one study I found, about 50% of Japanese households have a computer, but many people don't use them.

>The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) reported last September that of the 42 countries they surveyed for computer use in education, Japan was ranked second from the bottom.

>The result is that computer literacy among the youth of Japan is actually going down. One Tokyo-area government-funded tech cram school for high schoolers reported that many of their students didn't even really know how to use a physical keyboard. Even many teachers can't touch-type.

That sure explains how the anime industry get all that money from selling expensive blu-rays and character merchandise.
>>
Japan is pretty weird about technology. They adopt new stuff frequently but they never actually get rid of old stuff. They still prefer to fax documents rather than just using email or some other more convenient method for instance.
>>
>>54730105
This

If you have been in japan you'd know that they are fucking idiots and the smartest ones are just number-crunching idiots
>>
No wonder they're so weird about pirating.
>>
IE still popular there?
>>
>>54730255
Yes they're one of the primary supporters of it. Japan also has a fairly large number of users running windows XP and there's even people there running versions of windows older than that even.
>>
>>54730063
Sounds comfy desu. I'd love to still have pinball on my old laptop again
>>
>That sure explains how the anime industry get all that money from selling expensive blu-rays and character merchandise.
No, that's because the Japanese are obsessed with collecting. What does this have to do with anything else anyway?

>>54730184
What's the fucking logic? Piracy has a harsh punishment there because the Japanese are passive, obedient, copyright is big business and the industry bought the politicians.

>>54730105
And these Japanese youth are all using smartphones, 100% of them. They have little motivation to learn these things nowadays. And the fax thing is because of strict business norms EVERYWHERE.

This tech literacy is related with productivity skills with regular desktop machines. It has nothing to do with the memester sense 99% of internet users (moronic kids) are thinking of.
>>
>go to Japan with my fancy gadgets
>become new emperor
>>
isn't japan the source of 2nd most tech patents after the US?
>>
>>54730280
Everywhere in the world Windows XP and older is used. And XP is irrelevant in Japan. I don't know who came up with le japan is le old meme but I've seen it hundreds of times ever since BBC made some shit exaggerated article about old technology in use in Japan.
>>
File: 1454352829172.jpg (69 KB, 750x592) Image search: [Google]
1454352829172.jpg
69 KB, 750x592
>>54730255
IE is also the main browser in Korea.

>be me living in Wost Korea
>tfw fastest internet infrastructure in the world
>have to use IE8 with ActiveX
>>
>>54730357
Bloomberg Innovation Index for R&D say:
>1. South Korea
>2. Israel
>3. Finland
>4. Sweden
>5. Japan
>>
>>54730357
Every now and then you see dipshits saying things like "Japanese electronics is dead" or "Japan has been totally surpassed by Korea and China". These inbred children think because they haven't bought a Japanese smartphone the whole industry is dead.
>>
>>54730357
Yeah but that doesn't mean their society is on top of it.
>>
File: CO3toQ2WEAAWq62.png (69 KB, 600x432) Image search: [Google]
CO3toQ2WEAAWq62.png
69 KB, 600x432
>>54730384
yeah I guess it was this chart that I remembered, and it was China Numba Wan anyway
>>
>>54730362
Well I'm basing this on articles I read a few years ago but I doubt very much has changed

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2014/01/19/national/windows-xp-phaseout-to-put-13-million-pcs-at-risk-in-japan-experts/
>>
>>54730063
There was an interesting post on Y Combinator on this topic a day or two ago, and it was brought up that a big part of the lack of computer is in Japan is due to the popularity of cellphones. Apparently for purposes in day-to-day life, a cellphone does everything that most people need (communication, banking, etc) similar to the situation in some developing economies. An anecdote was also brought up by someone working in the Japanese school system saying they've seen university students write entire papers on their phones - not because they can't use a computer, but because they're more comfortable with the phone.

It was also mentioned that a huge amount of work that would be automated in the US is kept manual in Japan - a specific example given was that at one company, data entry was done by hand into Excel so as to "ensure quality".
>>
>>54730063
Cause their on their smartphone. Get with the times grandpas.
>>
>>54730063
they';re probably all using smartphones. people have been shitposting about how the tech field will die because everyone will be computer literate and i've ALWAYS called that out for being bullshit. users will interact with sleeker and sleeker black boxes. i've ALWAYS said that computer literacy will go down
>>
File: keanu mfw.jpg (71 KB, 587x545) Image search: [Google]
keanu mfw.jpg
71 KB, 587x545
>>54730483
>data entry was done by hand into Excel so as to "ensure quality".
>>
>>54730499
How using a graphical user interface on Windows for browsing internet is more technical than using a smartphone? I don't see how computer literacy will go down. It will be the same thing.
>>
>>54730516
Imagine being that poor fucker sat at his desk for 12 hours a day typing numbers into Excel, knowing that you could automate the entire process so that it would take seconds.

And being happy about the situation, because it shows your boss that you're dedicated and will deserve that promotion to department head in 20 years when everyone moves one step up the chain after the CEO dies or some shit.
>>
>>54730499
well in the OP it says that 99% of US and UK use desktop cumputers and/or laptops

but I guess the average /g/ weeaboo is a good fit in japan
>>
>>54730499
A smartphone is a computer. Not a desktop, but a computer nonetheless.
>>
>>54730457
That article is more than 2 years old, it works with estimates alone and reads like a shit disguises MS advertisement.

With the latest data from StatCounter as of May 2016 it shows XP (included in "Other") can be no greater than 6.19%, which is little more than Europe's 5% and nearly as insignificant as US 2.80%.

And again, that article is disguised advertisement. Ask anyone who works with marketing and they'll know what I'm talking about here.
>>
>>54730311
The feature phone is extremely popular in Japan.
>>
>>54730600
It's not really a smartphone btw. You have a physical keyboard on most Japanese phones and only very limited number of apps.
>>
>>54730600
What a crock of shit, feature phones are completely irrelevant. The iPhone is a massive success in Japan, anything else uses Android.
>>
>>54730063
Will they be impressed by my 100% original data crushing algorithms? Is getting a job there super easy for foreigners then?
#include <iostream>
#include <vector>
using namespace std;
int main()
{
vector<int> listWithRandomNumbers {10, 9, 666, 13, 4, 2};

for(int i = 0; i < listWithRandomNumbers.size() - 1; i++)
{
int smallestNumberInThelistWithRandomNumbersSoFar = i;
for(int j = i+1; j < listWithRandomNumbers.size(); j++)
{
if(listWithRandomNumbers[j] < listWithRandomNumbers[smallestNumberInThelistWithRandomNumbersSoFar])
{
smallestNumberInThelistWithRandomNumbersSoFar = j;
}
}
// Here I swap variables, VERY IMPORTANT.
int temporaryInteger = listWithRandomNumbers[smallestNumberInThelistWithRandomNumbersSoFar];
listWithRandomNumbers[smallestNumberInThelistWithRandomNumbersSoFar] = listWithRandomNumbers[i];
listWithRandomNumbers[i] = temporaryInteger;
}

//Lets see what this bad boy just did that to that unsorted list.
for (int i = 0; i < listWithRandomNumbers.size(); i++)
{
cout << listWithRandomNumbers[i] << " ";
}
cout << endl;
cout << "外国人・プログラミング・マジック" << endl;

// 100% ORIGINAL DO NOT STEAL.
}
>>
>>54730105
Fax is more secure than email, that's why is still used in the health and legal fields.
>>
>>54730410
>china
>patenting
China is the country of the piracy, why would them patent things if a competing company will copy them?
>>
>>54731155
I'm pretty sure filing for a patent isn't the same as actually getting one. Chinese file tons of applications to see what IP they can claim ownership of. They're basically throwing everything at the wall and seeing what sticks.
>>
If you've ever been to Asia you would realize that they are even more retarded with tech than Americans.
>>
At work in a Japanese high school right now. All our laptops are pretty old. Nobody uses technology in the classroom.

Students absolutely use smartphones as opposed to computers.

Every day we start with handwritten notes about the day, printed on a photocopier. Every memo is printed, nothing is ever emailed.

It is sort of wacky. It isn't that technology doesn't exist, schools and businesses just don't integrate it.
>>
>>54730063
>Even many teachers can't touch-type.
This is how I know this is shitpost.
Take this back to whatever mech keyboard general you came from.
>>
>>54731097
Ever heard of gpg?
>>
Why do you think their economy stalled?
>>
>>54731097
Aren't faxes sent over phone lines which are unencrypted? How is that more secure than sending documents over HTTPS/TLS? Also >>54731280
>>
>>54730870
Would anyone be impressed by this? Seriously.. they prefer it that way. As an IE working with chinks is fucking infuriating. They want to save money but don't want to change process. so they end up cutting quality and overworking employees to suicide instead and cutting back on safety measures. It's disgusting and ass backwards. I've been to mainland China and Japan several times on contract jobs. Getting anything productive done is like pulling teeth.
>>
>>54730556
>>54730483
An this is why I don't get how Linux functionality and customization isnt wide spead
>>
Japan actually has to import programmers from South Korea and pay them ridiculously high wages to live in a country that hates them.

That's how bad computer literacy is in Japan.
>>
>>54731327
>I can program and a black anime otaku.
Shit maybe I should move
>>
>>54730063

They still use XP lol.
>>
>>54730063
>(In the US, 98% of our teenagers use one or the other, with similar numbers out of the UK.)
Oh really? Does niggertech like tablets count as laptops in this poll? When was it taken? I don't see a source.
>>
>>54731307
And they won't discuss things with you face to face like normal fucking people or even email. OOOOOHHHH NO, I'll get fucking letters a week or more into construction about some materials issue or some fucking zoning issue and have to rip shit apart. Or they'll fucking fax shit. I'll get fucking black and white pictures in a fax that looks like someone took a god damn Polaroid and taped it to a piece of paper and have to track down who the hell sent it. Or instead of telling me about something when in asking them they'll have their assistant call and communicate throughtheir assistants like gigantic pussies. Like if you have an issue of any kind just say something. That's the whole point of meetings. Instead they take the longest route possible to do anything. Employees will be shitting in dirt instead of port o potties because they want to fax orders in for some Johnnie's instead of calling or sending a truck up there.
>>
Is this the Chicago style pizza thread?
>>
>>54731306
>What's encrypted fax.
>>54731280
>Requires installing GPG and a plugin for your email client.
>Requires people to manage private/public key pairs.

Fax is more simple to use
>>
>>54730548

How do they know if you entered it by hand or not?
Do they watch you do it? Can't you just write a script for it and then goof off for the rest of the day after it runs?
>>
>>54731487
I can't pretend to know, but I would assume it's because the difference in culture means that even if the employee is aware that a better solution exists, they won't take it upon themselves to implement it without approval from their boss - and it would be disrespectful to imply to the boss that they're wasting manpower by not implementing an automated solution, so the issue never gets raised. When asked by an outsider unfamiliar with the culture why they're doing something in such an inefficient way, they make up an excuse to save face and keep from embarrassing the company (not out of personal gain, but out of loyalty to the company). This is just speculation on my part, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were this or something similar.
>>
>>54731531
This, it's hard to understand the level of passiveness that's built into modern Japanese culture.
>>
>>54730870
Small nitpick

smallestNumberInThelistWithRandomNumbersSoFar

Isn't the smallest number in the list with random numbers so far, it's the index of the smallest number in the list with random numbers so far.

You really need to work on your descriptive variable names, anon.
>>
>>54731097
>Fax is more secure than email, that's why is still used in the health and legal fields.
laffin', it's easy as shit to listen into fax messages. Health and legal fields only use it because they're paranoid and don't know shit about technology, a signature on a fax is literally just as "secure" as a signature on a paper that you scan and mail, no matter what everyone in the legal field thinks
>>
>>54731531
This is why the East will forever be behind the West.
>>
>>54731738
Dismissing an entire culture based on a single example of a flaw is not a good way to define your worldview. Although the employee described might not bring up the issue with their boss due to cultural differences, they'll likely live a fulfilling life, receiving steady promotions and eventually a pension once retired. They'll be respected by their peers and family, and get gratification from doing their part in society.

There are of course lots of negatives left out of this picture (there's a lot of pressure to perform, needlessly long hours at the office, living in a society where minor failures are enough to drive someone to suicide, rampant sexual harassment, etc), but the Japanese wouldn't have the third largest economy in the world if they were entirely fucked.
>>
>>54731531
Confucianism basically
>>
>>54731097
I work in legal and I have used a fax machine once in the last 2 years to send a non-work related application form to a government body.

In Australia at least, fax is no longer the preferred mode of communication.
>>
>>54730870
cc     data_crush.c   -o data_crush
data_crush.c:1:20: fatal error: iostream: No such file or directory
#include <iostream>
^
compilation terminated.
<builtin>: recipe for target 'data_crush' failed
make: *** [data_crush] Error 1
>>
>>54731866
>>54731097
i think the main reason those places still use fax is because it's synchronous, that is, it can only send if the receiver receives
there's no question whether a sent fax was received, emails on the other hand, can be bounced, filtered, missed, etc
>>
>>54731256
>This is how I know this is shitpost.
You try typing on a keyboard that was designed for an alphabet when you're entire life has been raised on a syllabary.
>>
>>54731097
You have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>54731926
>cc
Yes, I know he shouldn't have used C++, but still.
>>
>>54731967
>refutation consists of "nuh-uh!"
Nice argument champ! :^)
>>
>>54731973
Okay. I'll spell it out for you son. Anything sent over fax is unencrypted, meaning you need only sniff the wire/monitor the connection to get the "plain text" of the document.
>>
>>54730063
Thing is, most US teenagers use laptops for facebook, when jpn teenagers have a phone for that. Stats are a bit misleading.
>>
>>54731999
and not to mention
>>54731371
Oh really? Does niggertech like tablets count as laptops in this poll? When was it taken? I don't see a source.
>>
>>54731988
wait, it's a phone line, fax works on same tech as modem=internet? It must be at least somewhat encrypted. It's not 80s anymore, they should use at least 2001 models.
>>
>>54732024
Traditional fax machines use the phone lines, and depending on the protocol can be either analog or digital (you can do fax with ISDN). There are machines available that do fax encryption, but the machines on both ends need to support whatever mode is being used, and the prices of the machines are inflated. Combine that with the fax "infrastructure" commonly already in place, and it's very likely that the faxes are transmitted unencrypted. The only thing keeping them from being man-in-the-middle'd is the difficulty in intercepting them, because that entails tapping the phone line the message is transmitted on.
>>
ya but it's not important tech

who gives a shit if you don't wanna use a laptop.
you can get by without touch-typing.

as long as their engineers can program microcontroller better than others that's the sort of thing that is of importance.

i also find new electronics technologies to serve more as distraction than convenience; there is an important distinction to make there.

whether you use a computer at home doesn't really give any useful information of your competence in STEM.

my parents were poor as fuck, I feel like I missed out on a lot, I really envied my friends, but I didn't perform more poorly in CS classes because of it.
>>
>>54732131
>my parents were poor as fuck, I feel like I missed out on a lot, I really envied my friends, but I didn't perform more poorly in CS classes because of it.
This is telling of the American education system.
>>
>>54731097
>Fax is more secure than email
It isn't. The number of fax machines that support ITU T.30 G and H are negligible, and even then the security annex H provides is easily broken. In the case of Japan, I'd assume they're reluctant to replace working fax machines with those that support modern encryption standards. Moving to a software system like Hylafax won't work either, since Hylafax lacks support for it.

We've had lawyers troll over our privacy policy and sales pages to deal with the fact fax is insecure as shit. Nowhere will you see the words "fax" and "secure" in the same sentence on our sites - and we're used by at least a thousand chemists/solicitors at this point.

This shit is sold entirely on the basis of convenience - in that they know what a fucking fax is. And the misconception that phone calls are somehow magically private, despite most people being familiar with the concept of picking up a phone while someone else in the house is using a phone.
>>
>>54730063
>That sure explains how the anime industry get all that money from selling expensive blu-rays and character merchandise
not sure how you got that conclusion. what does one thing have to do with another?
>>
/r/ the picture about the japanese 2ch where someone comented they dont care about security they just want to look at animus
>>
File: 1367037312139.png (183 KB, 1145x700) Image search: [Google]
1367037312139.png
183 KB, 1145x700
>>54732214
It wasn't security, but rather open source software.
>>
>>54732227
ah well, was close, thanks m8
>>
>>54731365
it's not that great honestly. You get like 60-70k usd in tokyo. I suppose cost of living is not high but the work culture is awful.
>>
>>54731097
They only still use fax because of stupid ass laws.
>>
>>54732263
>theres laws saying its illegal to not use fax
>>
>>54732262
Do you have experience with the job market in Japan? 60-70k is the market average for what position, just a regular Software Developer? Are foreigners paid the same as natives? I've heard of Chinese companies hiring white people so that during meetings with other companies they look more "international", so I'm curious if given Japans greater predisposition towards xenophobia the same is true there.
>>
>>54731487
We're talking about Japan mate, where workers will stay in the office waiting until the boss leaves, even long after their shift has ended.
>>
>>54731097
IBM's Watson will replace lawyers in the future. So fuck your little lawyer needs. Not future proof and you worry about skurity? Dah!
>>
>>54732263
No, they use fax because that's company policy. That's the logic for everything. They're retard pussies. It's no wonder they have a negative birthrate
>>
>>54732297
No, just what I read. I was thinking of applying for an internship in rakuden in toky. The pay was too low actually (2k usd monthly or something). Compare that to SV internships where you get up to 9k + benefits monthly. From what I read it's easier to work for international companies that employ foreigners in tokyo even without japanese, but other national companies seem a lot harder to work for.
>>
>>54732297
I have heard from unreliable sources that a lot of foreigners can live and work there as programmers as they need them.
Not sure how true, but there are at least some.
>>
File: 1313346644283.jpg (55 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
1313346644283.jpg
55 KB, 550x550
>>54731097
what the fuck
>>
Have you seen their internet? It's like going back to 2004. Also I chatted with fuckton of japs on interpals, and only few of them were frequent PC users, and even fewer were technically competent.
>>
>>54732640

You are racist.
>>
>>54732812
how is any of that racist?
>>
>>54732640
Going on 2ch is like going to the land memes forgot; it's very strange to look at, and reminds me of 4chans better days before the shitposters won the war.
>>
>>54730063
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gal%C3%A1pagos_syndrome
>>
>>54730063
I lived in Japan for two years. I think that they are very much stuck in the mindset of computers being appliances instead of awesome general purpose machines.

Now, when I lived there I of course used a laptop, but I realised that I would probably have gotten by fairly well with just a decent smartphone.

I lived in Tokyo, and a convenience store was never far away. These convenience stores usually had spiffy ATM's that let you easily pay your bills and transfer money. They also had copy machines/printers that you could email your documents/pictures to from your phone. Next to these there wer also a machine for booking tickets for, well, anything. Concerts, museums etc.

I'm guessing that the population density made it profitable for convenience stores to be filled with all these convenient high-tech appliances, so there isn't as much of a need for them to have computers.

I'm rambling, but maybe someone else that lived in Japan can chime in?
>>
>>54732823
everything is racist.
>>
>>54732131
>whether you use a computer at home doesn't really give any useful information of your competence in STEM.

It gives useful information about how well you integrate with the modern world.
>>
>>54730105
>They still prefer to fax documents rather than just using email or some other more convenient method for instance.

The fist part of his comment is right, but this particular statement is not really true anymore and it's more like one of those myths/memes about Japan that just refuse to die.

Many companies and businesses still have fax numbers(all their business tier printers also have fax built in), but they really don't use it.

I've been living and working in Japan for 12 years and I've used fax once right after I came and never again and I've never seen anyone else using it either.

>>54730063

As for the computer adoption rates, the most common explanation are the cellphones.

Japan, before smartphones, had feature phones that basically were simple smartphones, you could install apps, read mail, and browse some of the internet. That's what most people use desktop/laptop computers for, even in the West and in America. There was no need to buy yet another machine just for that, specially considering that the average Japanese household has a much smaller purchasing power than the average American household(and they don't rely on credit either).

And now with smartphones, even in the US, the PC sales are going down.

Things got even worse because in the 90s Japanese companies tried to push their computing platforms but eventually lost to Microsoft and that damaged a lot of the computing industry and education here (Europe suffered the same way, and that's why there's only one Silicon Valley in the US).

Also saying that because 98% of teenagers own some sort of traditional PC mean that population is more computer literate is not logical. While I'm sure the probability of find a computer literate person at random in the US is much higher than in Japan, ownership has little to do with it when most people are just browsing Facebook or Youtube.

Higher computer literacy in the US comes from that the US has the strongest computer industry in the world.
>>
>>54733256
It's actually amazing how our traditional PC sales aren't dropping faster, considering the prevalence of social media and other smartphone and tablet-ready tasks.

>>54733016
Nice link, thanks.
>>
>>54730124
>number-crunching idiots
t. math ignorant who can't program for shit
>>
>>54730105
Fax is still used by many business everywhere
>>
>I can move to Japan and work in a computer repair shop
>I could move to Japan and teach computer classes
>I don't have to worry about my over saturated market here

It's like God wants me to move to nippon land
>>
>>54732308
>It's no wonder they have a negative birthrate
whites have the same negative birthrate except that amerieurocucks patched the problem with rapefugees.
>>
>>54734968
>work in a computer repair shop
>when there are no computers
>>
>>54733934
>It's actually amazing how our traditional PC sales aren't dropping faster
You can't play Skyrim on the iPhone.
>>
As others have said, Japanese have divergered from the tech tree. Instead of PC and laptops, they moved straight into featurephones. Their feature phones can be used to buy stuff from stores, buy tickets on trains, send emails, do banking, read manga, play games, read books, browse internet, etc.

Most of the important stuff is covered, so its not necessary to own a PC/laptop unless you're dedicated for work specific environment.
>>
>>54730063
>computer usage is synonymous with tech literacy
Nice meme.
>>
>>54733256
A number of hotels, particularly ryokans, take reservations by fax.
I have to fax a work report every month, the fax machine at school is used for both sending and receiving several times a day.

It just works.
>>
>>54730806
This desu. Feature phones took a relatively long time to get phased out though
>>
>>54734939
Maybe in a third world country like the US. Here (I live in Holland) we barely use analog phone anymore, let alone sending fax over it.

This is ancient technology and should not be used. And yes, I work in a company with more than 2000 employees.
>>
>>54733094
There's probably not a single, nice, explanation for it but a number of things that contribute to each individual's reason for not needing a computer.
What you stated probably covers a decent portion, along with what others have said about cellphones.
>>
>>54730548
And this is part of the reason why Japan has relatively low unemployment rates. They keep people in jobs even when it could easily be automated.
>>
>>54735232
both US and Japan have top-tier economies, I guess they just don't give a fuck
>>
>>54735016
>muh gamez

You must be 18 to post on 4chan
>>
>>54732214
>>54732227
>>54732232
Nips knows what's important, senpai!
>>
>>54735383
Are you denying that high-spec gaming PCs aren't one of the few things keeping the desktop market afloat?
>>
>>54730063
Tbh there's really not a replacement for fax machines yet

The company I work for uses fax machines to get information quickly and easily around the country, and for perspective we just spent $3 million on new equipment
>>
>>54735516
>aren't one
Are, rather.
>>
>>54735516
High end gaming desktops represent a tiny fraction of the market, until you actually leave school you probably won't see it though
>>
>>54735544
Proofs? We are talking about the consumer market, right, because I can imagine the enterprise market being a big chunk of the desktop market.
Besides that, I stopped playing games years ago.
>>
>>54733094
Are these the same ATMs that just got jacked for 12 million US dollars in just 2 hours recently? There is money to be made on those, it seems.
>>
>>54732193

If you cant use a computer you cant torrent and are forced to buy blu rays.
>>
>>54735565
Jesus, I can't believe I actually went to the trouble of finding something to back up what really should be obvious.

According to Jon peddie research, pc gaming hardware sales totaled $25 billion last year, Intel posted a profit of over $55 billion the same year.
>>
>>54730063
Nah, they're busy creating new technology.
Unlike the US that consume technology to get busy fapping.
>>
>>54730063
Sounds similar to America, actually.
>>
>>54730063

Oh boy. Here comes the American propaganda about, "If yah dont have a puter, you aint tech savvy" bullshit.

What these articles do NOT tell you is that the Japanese dominate what is "inside" the computer you use. Same thing with Smartphones. Most smartphone and computer chips cant exist without Advantest and Shin-Etsu. I Bet you never heard of those companies. American propaganda does a good job of dumbing people down and turning them into mindless consumers.
>>
>>54732388
$9k + benefits is too much even for SV

Google offers $6k + housing. $9k is no longer software developer.
>>
>>54730483
A lot of Japanese businesses have employees that just do busywork so I'm not surprised at all to learn someone does excel data entry all day
>>
>>54730063
maybe they can live without facebook there? thats the only thing most usa/eu people can barely use
>>
File: 2000px-KB_Japanese.svg.png (218 KB, 2000x667) Image search: [Google]
2000px-KB_Japanese.svg.png
218 KB, 2000x667
>>54731952
this is the average Japanese keyboard
>>
>>54731802
In Japan the advantage is that people actually follow rules and actually care about doing their jobs correctly even if it's a trivial or unimpressive occupation. They also feel a connection between work and being a good citizen because if you know your work will benefit other Japanese people you can take pride in it and will make sure it's a quality experience.

In the West I wouldn't give a fuck about people with the same nationality as me because it no longer means anything. The social contract is broken.
>>
>>54734968
It's not over saturated because there's no demand for it retard
>>
no you idiot, it's because they are too busy doing math to use computers.
>>
>>54736109
> In the West I wouldn't give a fuck about people
We just made it so that some jobs aren't rewarding enough (in financial terms, personal responsibility afforded, feeling of success, ...).

And unlike the sheepishly docile Japanse, most westerners let you feel that they're pissed off or frustrated.

> with the same nationality as me
Ah, the "everything was better in the past" nationalist fantasy bullshit.

if you weren't an aristocrat or richfag, that wasn't true anyhow.
>>
I have made respect for how dedicated they are. Although from my point of view, I would feel really empty without using a computer everyday. But then again it would probably push me to explore my city and learn more about my surroundings. Maybe its just me lol
>>
>>54730312
The emporor is a powerless position, dummy. You have to take your trinkets and trade for an army and become shogun.
>>
>>54735958
When I started typing with with one of these, I always ended up hitting the katakana/hiragana button with my thumb instead of the spacebar. Produces an impressive amount of gibberish.

At least it's easier to get used to than the German keyboard with the z and the y in completelz the wrong places. Touch tzping is overrated.
>>
>>54735516
That doesn't make gaming any less childish
>>
>>54735232
>third world country like the US
(You)
>>
>>54732193
OP took this from ANN, where it explained that the lack of IT skills among the general population meant that salaries are quite high for people in CS / IT fields.

But only shut-ins know how to use computers, so they blow their salaries on blu-rays and figures and suchlike.
>>
>>54736596
enjoying your "new" chip cards?
>>
>>54731324
Because it isn't simple. It requires knowledge of scripting and manual reading and time.

Moreso, Linux customization is still as it was back in Windows 3.1- scattered around various .conf files. Hidden. Obfuscated. Its not hard to do them but it isnt as simple as opening the Control Panel, so normies won't like it.
>>
>>54733165
He is right though, the fundamental maths, sciences, engineering principles are the hard work in STEM. It's your mastery of core principles and logic that is important; beyond that, you can teach any 16-year-old kid to use a software package in a week. If you're young and capable you shouldn't have any problem with computers.

And also, just because 98% of the population uses a laptop to check facebook and occasionally use MS Word does not mean they have useful IT skills.

The people who really can't integrate are old-school scientists who never worked in a modern industry and still communicate by fax, or send you x-ray slides that you need a backlight to even see anything and can't extract data from. There are technicians who do the same. I fucking dread the words "I'll fax you the results"
>>
>>54730410
>>54730394
Both of these posts have common themes "Bloomberg Innovation", "Patent Applications"

Neither of these statistics show competency or relevancy, just that they do THINGS and file a lot of patents. Conveniently, the post >>54730410 does not state acceptance of these patents, just the submissions.
>>
Fax usage probably also has something to do with Japanese being a pain the ass to write on a keyboard.

>>54736330
triggered haha

#nationstatesbad #abolishtheborders #KONY2012
>>
File: Screenshot_20160525-104907.png (152 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160525-104907.png
152 KB, 1080x1920
>>54736591
I just use ime on my American keyboard but pic related for best mobile input
>>
File: fedoraz.gif (499 KB, 450x296) Image search: [Google]
fedoraz.gif
499 KB, 450x296
>>54736594
>muh le srs man
Gaming is a reason why people buy desktop pc today
I'm not talking about personal judgement on games, you bring it up to unleash your special fedora instinct
>>
File: fedora5.jpg (82 KB, 900x1344) Image search: [Google]
fedora5.jpg
82 KB, 900x1344
>>54735565
>Besides that, I stopped playing games years ago.
>>
>>54731155
Because China is known for corporate espionage. Steal ideas, manufacture a prototype, and patent them before the person who made them.
>>
>>54732297
>I've heard of Chinese companies hiring white people so that during meetings with other companies they look more "international"

That position isn't technical in nature, often it is a medium salary job were you do busywork and are the office pet.
>>
>>54731644
>>54731097
fax is still a thing because you have a third party that can verifiy a transmission took place, like the other anon said it's about knowing for sure your document is received (and be able to prove it)
>>
>>54732299
Agree. Lawyers should be abolished
>>
>>54732297
>I've heard of Chinese companies hiring white people so that during meetings with other companies they look more "international",
Things that never happen. Unless the white people they are hiring are teachers. The chinese govt actually refuses to hire foreigners in fields that can be done by a chinese citizen. English teachers obviously get hired the most in China since most Chinese can't speak or teach it.
>>
>>54731738
They are the third economy in the world despite having a pretty small land compared to US and China and they are #1 for approved patents, you are being delusional if you think muh fredum to disrespect the boss is giving you any advantage.
>>
>>54734988
There is still a hobbyist market for it there.
>>
Japan has always been weird about computer use; they're just now sort of seeing them as "the right kind" of use for gaming. The first note about high schoolers isnt' surprising... know how we complain about the dumbing down of young people here using smartphones and tablets more than anything else? Their smartphones evolved earlier and differently and were vastly superior to the West until the modern Android / iOS style mobile. They've had video calling, live and recorded HDTV, radio, media streaming, NFC for near ubiquitous payments etc... since basically the 90s. Now they use Android / iOS style devices and do the same things so for them so they use their "keitai" for everything.

Their household computer use is lower because there are a lot of long-lived old people who don't really need it very much so they don't have one or use it infrequently. Younger people and families who aren't 2ch/2chan enthusiast types may use their PCs for work/school if need be, but there is still a cultural issue where certain documents, from students taking tests to resumes to corporate communication, that it is seen as more...devoted...to hand write.

Computer use in education is always a shitty metric especially in how useful it is to actually educating the kids. Anyone here older than 25 or definitely 30 going to school in the US, may have had "computer classes", or used a word processor, but it wasnt' a major part of education This is changing now which is in some ways good, so kids can get their assignments online, type for legibility etc.but its a relatively new phenomena . Japan has a better educational system at the primary and secondary levels (though not without its flaws) so there's little rush to change that. Hell, they may even use their mobiles more.

The last bit is just like the US. More people than ever can browse on a fucking iPad or use an app for their mobile/tablet, but that isn't computer literacy...and its disappointing
>>
>>54737004

Er...I think there was part of a Vice episode on this exact thing. A pharma / medical device company for instance hired a white middle aged guy, had him pretend to be a physician (urologist, I think) and gave a lecture with bogus credentials (like he was chief of urology at some university hospital ), just to showcase that their tech was better because it had an authoritative white doctor presenting a paper on it. The worst thing was there were (maybe, apparently legit) chinese doctors who were actually there and nobody was listening to them, but when the white fraud got up it was like "Oh,look! lets pay attention!"

China is one of the most insufferable societies on earth. Yeah, Japan and Korea have their problems but its nothing compared to the pure level of bullshit that comes from China.
>>
>>54737004
http://www.businessinsider.com/now-china-is-hiring-white-guys-in-suits-to-make-the-country-look-good-2010-6?op=1

http://www.cnn.com/2010/BUSINESS/06/29/china.rent.white.people/index.html

See >>54736965
You are an office pet they use to try to impress US companies with.
>>
>>54735232
Fax is significantly more secure for sending documents. In law enforcement or the medical field, where a documemt can be very for-your-eyes-only, it sends long-distance without a digital copy violating the security.

It's the same reason high-level govt offices still use typewriters, and why the only photos admissible as evidence in court are polaroids.
>>
Arent' imported computer parts expensive in japan?And it's not like Japanese kids have time to browse the internet unless they are neets so...
>>
>>54730063
ITT: The sky is blue
>>>/int/
>>
>>54736591
Are you retarded?
They are just swapped. There is nothing physical to it and you can add QWERTY variant with two clicks.
>>
>>54730362
>I don't know who came up with le japan is le old meme
Because Pentium 4 computers with CRTs were common well into the late 2000s, early 2010s. That's why many doujin games like Touhou or other things like VNs were still made for 1024x768 up until maybe 5 or 6 years ago.
>>
>>54737238

Eh...sort of. I don't think its any worse than some places in the EU or US. They also get some local stuff there that would cost a fuckload to get outside Japan. For instance, Windy / Soldam cases - a decade ago, these were some of the best small form factor yet still ATX containing case manufacturers, like LianLi and Silverstone but with Japanese made quality...and a huge price to boot.

Japan has basically a boner regarding hobbies - whatever your hobby is, you're supposed to dive into it with all your time, effort, and wallet. Going skiing the first time? You'll see someone show up in $2000+ worth of advanced / olympic quality stuff and a racing suit to go down the bunny slope. Into cameras? Well, you're going to use a huge SLR that you don't even know what half the buttons do to take snapshots of trees and shit. Like certain anime series? Well buy the statues and blurays that cost $100 per box of like 2 episodes etc.

Over the past decade or two, Japan has actually been dealing really well with some of their societal problems. When they elected the DPJ that was a great advancement in this regard, with the "get cool, relax" initiative (or something like that) to encourage people to be less stressed and break down some of the bad habits and corporate bullshit, but the fucking LibDem party blamed the 2008 economic recession on them and so now they're gone and the same banker/corporate puppets are back in charge. Too bad, really. Still, young people are starting to get fed up - all the stress was supposed to come with social safety nets and good wages etc.. but no more. They're adjusting now and striking out against authority more than ever before.

That's what sites like 2ch/2chan, piracy tools like perfect dark etc... were designed to do, in secret. Now they're starting to game on their smartphones and PCs and realize that you don't have to throw everything into a hobby anymore.
>>
Sounds comfy
>>
>>54737238
No, they're not really more expensive than in the EU. And the EU is still full of computers.
>>
>>54730063
No shit. Japan used to be great with technology and was viewed as this great advanced nation with technology that blew everything we had out of the water. Then globalization happened and now they're completely average.
>>
>>54737287
They're fine. I'm typing on one right now.
Just saying that if you're used to touch-typing, the first time you use a different keyboard you'll end up typing gibberish without thinking about it.
It doesn't take long to get used to.
>>
>>54737417
> was viewed as this great advanced nation with technology that blew everything we had out of the water
That was just your perception. They had some nice railway projects and shit, but it really wasn't extraordinary overall.

Yea, Tokyo got a lot of cool achievements, but even they are and were not doing too great on a "per capita" base. It's just a city with a lot of people.

> Then globalization happened and now they're completely average
You might have simply become more realistic about Japan.

Or they look worse now that China's urban regions start to do some cool shit (even if they are still also bogged down in problems - no need to hype them, they also kinda have the same issues Tokyo had before).
>>
>>54731802
They did shit like that in ww2
>>
>>54736880
No. we still use ASCII format in texting just any other flipphone

Why wasting your money on a big machine if you can do anything in a small device with cloud? big device meant to compute a large amount of data not some multimedia application such as games.

as from japan, you guys are the weird one.
>>
>>54737417
>Japan used to be great with technology and was viewed as this great advanced nation with technology that blew everything we had out of the water.
That's the popular misconception. The United States is the reason we have microprocessors, transistors, the Internet, and so many other things. The reason people thought Japan was super advanced was because they had a consumer electronics boom in the 80s and 90s.
>>
>>54737927
But JP is one of the best IC designer on the market, remember apple computers run on motorola IC?
>>
>>54737957
Most people don't even know what an IC is. When people think about Japan in relation to technology they think Japan is 20 years in the future with hover trains and robots when in reality those hover trains and robots are about all they have.
>>
>>54735700
Yes, because Intel does nothing but selling CPUs for the desktop market.
>>
>>54737957
Motorola is an American company though
>>
>>54730063
Does that mean that i can make loads a money in japan with a meme CS degree while also not being critized for liking anime girls?
>>
>>54731226
>schools and businesses just don't integrate it
Schools in Finland use little computers in education and yet Finland has a very good educational system.

>>54731218
>I'm pretty sure filing for a patent isn't the same as actually getting one.
Very true. In fact, filing an international patent application (PCT) will not in itself lead to a grant, you need to enter national/regional phase to get patents granted.

You can measure patenting in many ways: total filing, total grants, total PCT-applications, total Big5-patent families, active granted patents, back citations and much more.
>>
>>54736109
Lol, you're just romanticizing the Japanese. I doubt they take pride in their work more than other people in the rest of the world. In a small country, you don't have that many opportunities. So, it's pretty much a given that workers have to remain "loyal" their employers.
>>
>>54738247
Are you merely pretending?
>>
>>54731487
Write a script to OCR paper forms? You might as well leave your job and sell your script to big companies
>>
I have no diea what this thread is about but I am dragon dildo man and I say suck my dick.
>>
>>54736706
>>
>Moreso, Linux customization is still as it was back in Windows 3.1- scattered around various .conf files. Hidden. Obfuscated. Its not hard to do them but it isnt as simple as opening the Control Panel, so normies won't like it.
OpenSUSE begs to differ
>>
>>54742267
Its install base begs to differ
>>
>>54743007
The fuck does that even mean
>>
>>54730311
>What's the fucking logic? Piracy has a harsh punishment there because the Japanese are passive, obedient, copyright is big business and the industry bought the politicians.
they pirate western TV series tho
>>
>>54738797
>Motorola is an American company though

Lenovo ( Chinkpad owner) owns them as well.
>>
>>54743556
Well they've never been Japanese, so the point stands
>>
>>54740758
>population: 125m
>small country
>>
>>54733094

I'd say you hit it on the head man. Had three different host families in Osaka and they only used their computer every now and then. Glued to their phones, though.
>>
>>54731531
>manpower by not implementing an automated solution, so the issue never gets raised
I'm not sure how a modern global business can afford to act that way. Must be why Japan is no longer the tech giant it once was.
>>
>>54732640
>Have you seen their internet? It's like going back to 2004
Yeah it's great
You can actually get to information quickly. The sites are well optimized for garbage hardware. Everything is laid out clearly and readable.

I'm really sick of modern meme web frameworks and design elements that are overloaded with aesthetic and useless layouts
>>
>>54733094
>>I'm guessing that the population density made it profitable for convenience stores to be filled with all these convenient high-tech appli
This makes sense. The close proximity of everything for the majority eliminates the need for heavy dependence on computing
>>
>>54735016
PC games are hardly what is propping up the PC market, regardless, Skyrim is on consoles.
>>
>>54743418
No one knows or gives a fuck about le open suze
>>
>>54745553
modern sites are garbage
>>
>>54746817
>we have more bandwidth and hardware resources are cheaper
>that means we can make our sites less usable by adding more garbage
>>
>>54740758
>I doubt they take pride in their work more than other people in the rest of the world.
Their culture is heavily centered around work. It's depressing
>>
>>54731410
It's so weird seeing memes I spammed when they were new in unexpected places.
>>
>>54730357
but then, they didn't even use drones to monitor the fukushima incident
>>
Jap smart phones are always so far ahead of the rest of ours that they don't really need labtops or desktops.
>>
>>54731487

Cubicles don't really exist in Japan. Usually it's just a long table with the manager sitting at the end to better monitor employees.
>>
>>54730063
>(In the US, 98% of our teenagers use one or the other, with similar numbers out of the UK.)

Which "our" kids use to waste time on, like fucking around with Facebook, or all the retards on /g/ that spend their time watching anime.

Technology is *wildly* overvalued in the United States. Look at all that bullshit with pushing iPads into every student's hands, as if that's going to do a goddamn thing other than distract them.

99% of schooling should be done without any technology beyond a whiteboard, paper, and pencil. Computers should only be heavily used in computer science class, or in some tech class teaching word processing and whatnot.

We blow *WAY* too much time and money on completely useless tech. Hell, there was a study a few years ago that found that technology in the workplace had only just begun to pay off. Until something like 2011, technology cost more than it saved.

There was another study that showed that the proliferation of Blackberry devices among management led to a net decrease in productivity. Managers feel empowered because they can send off a question or "delegate" work by just firing off an email. Meanwhile, they fail to grasp that asking their underling some question might lead to four hours of research in order to provide an answer. Also, the vast, *vast* majority of business decisions are utterly meaningless, so all these back-patting managerial fuckwads are just a cancer to US industries.
>>
Japan's Education system is 5th in Reading, 4th in Math and 2nd in Science.
But not being about to use a Computer is a Problem?

The US is 14th in Reading, 25th in Math, and 17th in Science.
>>
>>54748130
ha sure theyre bud
>>
>>54731866
The health sector uses it a lot. Also, post offices. They love that shit.
>>
>>54748192
You look up how long they were able to pay with their cell phones for shit before we got it. The can even use their cell phones to buy shit from vending machines.
>>
>>54735958

Nobody ever uses the kana input. They always use Romaji input.

Source: numerous Japanese girlfriends.
>>
>>54736330
>We just made it so that some jobs aren't rewarding enough (in financial terms, personal responsibility afforded, feeling of success, ...).

No, we actively shit-talk people with low-prestige jobs. You might think I'm talking about McDonald's employees, but pay attention to the workplace if you're writing software in most companies.

>And unlike the sheepishly docile Japanse, most westerners let you feel that they're pissed off or frustrated.

People feel trapped in shitty jobs, and they're constantly presented with idealized images of better lives. Americans (and British, too, from talking to them) are generally frustrated. Plus, remember the George Costanza method? If you look pissed off and in a hurry, people will think you're working hard? Yeah, that actually works. Like, to the point that people actively make the workplace a shittier environment because they're conditioned to think that means they're working hard.

Meanwhile even the handrail polishers in Japan are treated with respect, and they treat their work with respect, rather than spending the day daydreaming about how they deserve to be running the place.
>>
>>54748220
NFC isn't new, my Nexus S from 2010 has it and it wasn't the first. This has been held up in NA/EU due to regulatory restrictions and nothing more.
>>
I just wanted to say that Jap csgo """pros""" play like EU dmg's
>>
>>54748327
Did I say it was new?
>>
>>54748327
>2010
Dude Japan first got NFC in like 2004
>>
The important question is, how is the job market in the IT field in Japan then? Can I finally unleash my inner weeaboo and move to live in Japan? The work culture cannot be as nightmarish as the rumors claim.
>>
>>54748350
>Did I say it was new?

>they're so far ahead with this technology that we've all had for years

>>54748354
>and it wasn't the first
>>
>>54748366
>Can I finally unleash my inner weeaboo and move to live in Japan?

No. Never. You should realize, when looking at foreigners and what their work is in Japan, that 99% of them are english teachers. Japanese companies aren't going to hire foreign engineers and IT guys
>>
>>54748366
Chances are, they don't want you.
>>
>>54748371
>2004 versus 2010
Are you retarded?
>>
>>54743453
So, just like how the west can pirate most anime with no repercussions.

Actually, I don't know if lawyers even bother with chinese cartoons.
>>
>>54731298
Decline in birth rates.
>>
>>54730063
What if they don't have time to waste on games and facebook, which are the reasons most americans use their pc anyway?
It's not about quantity but about quality.
>>
>>54730063
japans standardized test scores are better than amaericas. the international review a few years back which had selected students take a test made by the international community indicates that multiple east asian countries do better than america including japan

computers in class rooms havent helped american students. the average iq of the country has declined since the computer in the classrooms initiative got real support in the new millenium

we will be lucky to even have a average iq of 90 in 10 years in america. i dont think spending money on mac book airs helped any state in the north east of the country
>>
File: 1464070432592.jpg (88 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1464070432592.jpg
88 KB, 900x900
Time to steal tech jobs from the Nihonese.
>>
>>54730063
>tech literacy is using a deprecated piece of tech like a PC
>tech literacy is paying 3K for a cuckintosh

Japanese kids manage to chat and send emails on their phones. I don't consider that in any way less "tech literate" than a murilardstan clapper.
>>
I live in Japan. This country is so bluepilled about tech it's unreal.

It's basically a model society for what Jews want to unleash upon the world as a whole: nothing but obedient consumers in walled gardens, consuming content through locked channels and never creating their own.
>>
>>54731633
>
smallestNumberInThelistWithRandomNumbersSoFar

>'list' isn't capitalized

Triggered.
>>
>>54732227
These guys know what's important, unlike losers on /g/. Copyleft feet fungus eating commie faggots who pretend to have doctorate
>>
>>54730063

Misinformation, the thread.

>XP

A vast minority of computers in Japan. Last number I saw was 6%.

Surprisingly enough, Apple is doing great. Which leads me too....

>Cellphones

No. Everyone in Japan does not use a dumbphones.

Most use smartphones at this time. iOS is extremely popular.

Old people and children still use dumb phones. But I have even seen 10 year olds with smartphones.

>Fax Machines

Yes, fax machines are still used.

No they are not used because no one knows how to e-mail.

Part of it is because they are just so easy.

If something works, they tend not to change it. Visa renewals, for example, are distributed by e-mail. You fill out the form and then you turn it in by hand.

Same with school applications. All online, except for the last part. And then that paper application gets faxed around.

Japanese people have a unbeleivable love for paperwork.
>>
>>54749834
The whole premise of "tech literacy" hanging on a piece of deprecated tech like the PC is laughable. The PC sales in the last year dropped to pre 2000s numbers. Does that mean the world "tech literacy" has fallen to 2000 levels?
Fuck no.

The problem is the retards writing these articles are stuck in the 90s and their definition of technology and literacy is about as accurate as the definition of democracy most muslims use.
>>
It's always hilarious watching you guys talk about Japan
>>
People buy anime to support the studio or they just really want it.
They already watched it for free on TV.

It's like the concept of being a decent human and supporting another person by paying for their work is completely foreign to pirates.
>>
>>54730870
>int i
>int j
utter shit, no one will be able to maintain that mess because it's totally nebulous what those variables actually mean
call them OuterLoopIndexForTheListOfRandomNumbers and InnerLoopIndexForTheListOfRandomNumbers
>>
>>54748240
teach me your ways anoon
>>
>Japan once again takes the spot as the country with the most Top 100 Global Innovator representation, with 40 such companies on the 2015 list (compared to 39 in 2014). South Korea and Taiwan join Japan in solidifying Asia’s innovation leadership position, contributing three and one companies, respectively. This cements Asia’s leadership position in discovering, protecting and commercializing ideas with 44 of the top 100 slots. Missing from the list this year is China.

Source: KYS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ODP4lN4uZk
>>
>>54750109
>The whole premise of "tech literacy" hanging on a piece of deprecated tech like the PC is laughable.

All serious IT-related work is done on PCs. Smartphones are generally communication devices. You don't code or type up an academic paper with smartphones.
>>
>>54733094
So basically the tech in Japan is so easy to use and solves real world problems WITHOUT needing to be computer literate?

Holy shit.
>>
>>54730311
I don't see nothing wrong with piracy. I'm perfectly fine with it.
>>
>>54730063
>Japanese don't use computers
No wonder why Japan is smart
>>
File: lululu.png (528 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
lululu.png
528 KB, 1280x720
>>54731633
>>54749780
>>54731926
>>54751998

Looks like my dreams of having sex with anime women in Tokyo high rises is over before it ever began.
Thanks for bringing me back to reality, guys.
>>
>>54730870
You would get your boss mad, he would give you one chance to redeem yourself and do it by hand.

Japan is not for thinking, Japan is for obeying.
>>
>>54730516
what is stopping the employee doing it digitally and then just fucking around for 12 hours straight shitposting on 2chan?
>>
>>54736109
>you know your work will benefit other Japanese people you can take pride in it and will make sure it's a quality experience.

and that gentlemen, is why japan ranks glorious #47 out of 200 countries in the world happiness index
>>
>>54754189
No, that explains why they have the highest rate of suicide in the industrialized world.
>>
>>54735847
I hope that's not true. I'm making 5k/month plus benefits working at a shit medical company this summer. I hope that Google pays more than this place.
>>
>>54730311
バカなの
>>
>>54754245
No, that's South Korea
dummy
Thread replies: 242
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.