[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /g/ think about chinkphones? Are they a viable budget
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: chinkphones.jpg (140 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
chinkphones.jpg
140 KB, 960x960
What does /g/ think about chinkphones?

Are they a viable budget alternatives to regular local phones?
>>
>>54729404
>That k6000 pro

Thinking of getting it, their other phones all seem to get positive reviews on build quality and performance. Only concern is warranty. Is Oukitel a Legit brand, or just another chinkShit brand?

http://www.oukitel.com/service.html
>>
>>54729431
Redmi 3 pro is same price though?
Go with that, xiaomi is a legit brand.
>>
>>54729499
>720p screen
>4100mAh

IDK man, How's their warranty though?
>>
File: _20160524_142444.jpg (108 KB, 1080x1176) Image search: [Google]
_20160524_142444.jpg
108 KB, 1080x1176
>>54729404
>>54729499
Waiting on a redmi 3 pro myself. Can't wait for it to arrive.
>>
>>54729404
>What does /g/ think about chinkphones?
Same shit as the other phones for less price and no warranty if you buy from some noname brand, even the same degree of botnet.

>Are they a viable budget alternatives to regular local phones?
Yes unless you live in somewhere with special snowflake bands like the US
>>
Do any of these work with verizon? I look into it occasionally but don't ever get a firm answer. Still grandfathered into unlimited data so don't really wanna switch carriers.
>>
>>54729499
>>54729431
>MTK
Most MemediaTek phones have poor power consumption and are paired with shit GPUs. For a cheap enough price like the K4000 it's justifiable, but the K6000 is a lil over the price range.

Xiaomi is nearly perfect for pretty much every need but they lock bootloaders and load MIUI and I'm pretty sure (from experience on a Mi4c), you need to install this POS chinese software suite to transfer files, or use ADB. Also most Xiaomi phones don't have removable covers to replace batteries and the such.

Personally, at this point, the best value Chinkphone is the RNP3, and it's completely out of the league of all the competition if you can get the gookfactories to send you the unlock codes and install the western ROM. You'll brick your phone if you unlock the MTK version I hear.
>>
>>54729574
No they don't. And trust me you really don't want to switch away from Verizon. Don't believe the nigger mobile meme
>>
>>54729595
performance isn't much of an issue, as long as the ui and my apps don't lag. I don't even play any games. All I care about is battery life, and that 6000mAh battery looks neat.

RMN3p is a bit more than I'm willing to spend.
>>
>>54729625
>nigger mobile
what?

>>54729574
I remember the RMN3p works on tmobile, not sure about verizon.
>>
>>54729595
Can you still root?
>>
Whole family is using chinks

I'm on Redmi Note 3 pro
Mum is on doogee x5
Sister is on k4000

Good shit, will never ever buy a phone locally or suggest a flagship again
>>
>>54730040
thinking of ordering the k4000 pro for my dad as his first smartphone.

how's the k4000?
>>
>>54730084
also, k4000 pro is $60 cheaper than a samsung j1 here, kek
>>
>>54730040
>Sister is on k4000
should've bought her a k10000

infinite battery + self-defense weapon by throwing the phone at someone
>>
Pretty good got myself a rmn3p and no issues so far . Not sure what guy was on about before I have drag and dropped over a few files to the phone no chink software.
>>
>>54730123
k10000 needs spikes along the edges.
>>
>>54730084
It looks and feels reasonable. It went straight to my sister, looks pretty much aosp with a few differences. She loves the battery life. Never really used it.
>>
>>54730376
sweet.

Thanks anon.
>>
>>54729595
>if you can get the gookfactories to send you the unlock codes and install the western ROM. You'll brick your phone if you unlock the MTK version I hear.

Could you go into more detail please?
>>
>>54730436
http://www.neowin.net/news/review-oukitels-k4000-goes-pro-with-improved-specs-and-4600mah-battery
>>
>>54729499
Redmi 3/pro is the best cost effective chinese phone right now
>>
>>54730084
K4000 Pro is $99 on gearbest.. otherwise it would be a terrible choice
>>
>>54733039
Same price as aliexpress.

Is it cheaper anywhere else?
>>
Depends on what you want and how much you want to spend. If you think about, the Huawei P9 or the Oneplus Two should be classified as a chinkphone, but because it's more popular than Xiaomi we won't call it a chinkphone.

Yes they are great phones, but you will probably have a hard time with waranty.
>>
Id'd also get a Xiaomi.

> but because it's more popular than Xiaomi
The Oneplus phones are obviously less popular than the Xiaomi phones...?

And Huawei is extremely Chinese. The difference is mainly that you think their image is something else... but they're both very chink.
>>
>>54729404
Yeah, they are great
but only if they don't have a mediatek cpu and an open bootloader.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.