[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are RFID shield wallets memes? Do they really protect your identity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: OCD-RFID-Wallet.jpg (50 KB, 973x646) Image search: [Google]
OCD-RFID-Wallet.jpg
50 KB, 973x646
Are RFID shield wallets memes?

Do they really protect your identity and card numbers from being stolen?

Wouldn't it just be easier to steal the whole wallet?
>>
Only from casual theft. A corrupt merchant could still steal at POS and like you said a theif can still take the damn thing.
>>
Google it.
>>
>>54725672
>/g/
>Google
That's a first
>>
>>54725672
That shit is unreliable
>>
>>54725648
>Are RFID shield wallets memes?
Unless they're using a metal that actually reflects radio waves, like tin or aluminum then yes.

RFID scanners are a real thing, its partially why many companies like Visa and MasterCard have implemented their new chip thing with an RFID randomizer thing that prevents this so the customer behind you can't steal your card and use it for his own
>>
>>54725648
Theft via RFID is incredibly rare. Its essentially a nonissue.

That being said, the extra protection doesn't hurt anything. But it doesn't protect you from skimming theft, which is far more likely to actually happen.
>>
>>54725843
As opposed to /g/
>>
>>54726172
Yes google "headphones" or something similar and then see what you get compared to the buyers advice on /hpg/
>>
I put some aluminum in my wallet. I use to have RFID sleeves but it's a hassle getting it out and in.
>>
>>54726202
/g/ knowing how to consume =/= /g/ knowing actual shit about technology
>>
>>54726950
So?
>>
>>54725648
>Are RFID shield wallets memes?
They won't provide any increased security for your credit cards, which are now chip-and-pin.

What they might protect is PIV door lock cards (like the ones used in offices/labs), and the new RFID hotel room keys (which use the same tech).
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.