[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bone conduction Headphones
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Bone-conduction.jpg (42 KB, 405x279) Image search: [Google]
Bone-conduction.jpg
42 KB, 405x279
Ok /g/, I am fucking curious about this shit
have you ever tried one of these?
I know that, even if specs say they can reproduce 20-20khz frequency range, they fall in low freqs and are not suitable for music listening, but maybe they're "fine" even for music, just wrong for audiophiles
>>
bumping for interest
>>
>>54721226
They sell ones for pool use, I know. Never used one.
>>
>>54721226
they work, but audio quality is trash.fine for audio book and podcast listening, but music gunna sound like trash
>>
>>54721226
Is it less harmful over time than the standard one?
>>
>>54721452
is this your direct experience or you heard/read it?
>>
>>54721226
Tried Aftershockz, Panasonics and SaintSonicSomething models, sounded as good as a $1 piezo speaker taped to my head. At least the Panasonics matched the price of that piezo speaker.

Sound quality isn't very good, but it works. They DO reproduce 20-20kHz, but your skin doesn't quite conduct it that way, and that's the scam right there.

Not something for someone who enjoys quality music, and I'm not talking audiophile here, just the average guy. Albeit it works very interestingly when coupled with headphones, especially in video games: it creates an eery effect that makes 3D sound really stand out, and at some point I considered getting some just for vidya.

But music? No.
>>
Literally an ear fedora
>>
They seem like a good idea for public use, so you have 0 chance of disturbing other people
>>
>>54721226
The advertised specs of every model of aftershokz (other than the titanium) are identical, so go for the $20 one if you don't want to pay $40-120
>>
>>54721483
I'm curious about this, definitely better than ear buds I'm thinking
>>
>>54721483
>>54724632
No, they still shake the everloving fuck out of your cochlear, that's the bit which gets damaged by loud noises. Unless you have an absurdly short ear canal and are at risk of puncturing it with some canalphones or have a weak tympanic membrane, the same volume delivered to the cochlear still equals the same level of hearing loss.

Additionally, because you're still letting ambient sounds in, you're more likely to increase the volume to compensate.
>>
>>54721483
>>54724632
Worse, definitely.
The normal ossicular chain has 2 tiny muscles that can among, other functions, dampen incoming sound so constant loud noise wouldn't damage the inner ear.
Bone transduction completely bypasses this chain, leading to quicker hearing loss.

>>54721226
Think of it as a throat microphone, great in certain conditions, but shit for general use.
>>
>>54721226
What are the advantages of using these over regular earbuds?
>>
Where the shit are you guys seeing $20 bone conduction stuff?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.