[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Buying a Powerbank
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 61zGu6DCRJL._SL1400_[1].jpg (65 KB, 1400x1400) Image search: [Google]
61zGu6DCRJL._SL1400_[1].jpg
65 KB, 1400x1400
I'd like to buy a powerbank for my Acer Aspire Touch V11, but I can't seem to find out what computers any powerbanks are compatible with. This one looks very promising, but how do I know whether it will work with my laptop? http://www.amazon.com/MAXOAK-50000mAh-Portable-External-Notebook-Most/dp/B00YP823NA

Is buying this a good idea? Any other advice or suggestions are welcome too.
>>
Powerbanks are glorified chargers, just look at what the input of your laptop battery is, like 19.5V - 9A, and look for something not going 20% more or less of the voltage.
Amps doesn't matter, unless you want it to charge fast.
>>
>>54721083

At least my laptop charger says: OUTPUT: 19V====2.1A. Is it really ok if it's not exactly the same numbers as on the powerbank?

A portable charger is exactly what I need. I need to provide power for my laptop for longer than its internal battery allows.
>>
>>54721602
Voltage is most important, but you shouldn't go too high on the amps either if it's 2.1A.
I wouldn't go over 3.0A in your case, there's plenty of 20V powerbanks that fit your laptop, like the OP picture.
>>
>>54721633

Why is the A on my wall socket charger lower than any number on the Maxoak powerbank, and how is it still safe to charge with it? I honestly flunked electronics, so feel free to explain it like I knew nothing beforehand. :/
>>
File: 51DxaJld3DL._SL1000_.jpg (48 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
51DxaJld3DL._SL1000_.jpg
48 KB, 1000x1000
Drawing is not to scale?
>>
>>54721802
To put it simple af:
if you're a eurocuck 240V, 0.5A = 120W (V * A = Wh), now when you wanna get the same 120W from say 20V you would need 120Wh / 20V = 6A
To keep Watts/Watt Hours the same, the lower the Voltage the higher the Current needs to be.
>>
>>54720677
I bought a Chinese branded one from Aliexpress and it works as expected, though it charges lower than a wall chawrger.

You need to know the correct plug size for your laptop. For example, 4.0*1.35mm is a particular plug size. Then see if the power bank has that adapter, or you can buy one separately online.

Concerning voltage and ampere: Voltage has to be +/-0.5V, for example, 18.5V to 19.5V is fine for your laptop rated 19V. As for ampere, you can use a powerbank/charger that exceeds your laptop ampe by itself. However, if your laptop draws 6A and the power bank output 2A, your laptop may not charge properly.
>>
>>54722594
Your laptop will draw the correct ampere even if the powerbank/charger outputs more ampere than your laptop needs, so it won't blow up. Voltage is a different matter.
>>
>>54722815
>Your laptop will draw the correct ampere even if the powerbank/charger outputs more ampere than your laptop needs,
Only applicable to good chargers and batteries.
>>
File: 1464016951683.jpg (5 KB, 165x115) Image search: [Google]
1464016951683.jpg
5 KB, 165x115
>>54722481
Why is the longer side 5.3" and the shorter side 8.1"?
>>
>>54722963

I'm wondering that too. Considering the measurements are backwards (and they're inches instead of feet), it seems entirely reasonable.
>>
how do these differ from aps?
>>
>>54720677
I'd like to buy a powerbank for my Acer Aspire Touch V11, but I can't seem to find out what computers any powerbanks are compatible with.

It's called a spare battery, you tard. Power banks are only a thing because many smartphones and portable devices don't have swappable batteries.
>>
>>54725840

That is true, but doesn't really change anything. It would be great if you could simply switch batteries, but Acer makes them impossible to even reach without specialized tools.
>>
>>54722594

Thank you! So, in order to not go over the 19V output that the charger suggests, would that mean I should connect the laptop to the 12 volt hole rather than the 20 one?

>>54723828

I've never heard of aps. I just need some way to get more than 7 hours of battery power from my laptop, so whatever powering suggestion is welcome.

>>54725840

Like >>54726051 said, Acer has internal batteries that you cannot get out so charging them from a power bank is the only solution.
>>
>>54720677
What are the stats on the stock charger for your laptop? Output voltage, output amperage, output wattage would all be helpful. Those should all be written on the side of the charger.
>>
>>54727957

Input: 100-240V~1.5A 50-60Hz
Output: 19V 2.1A

It doesn't say anything about wattage.
>>
Why the fuck have schools stopped teaching basic electricity? No one knows this shit nowadays, it's so frustrating trying to find product details on batteries, chargers, portables, ebikes, etc. Instead of giving raw stats so we can figure out what the fuck the thing is doing we get:

>SUPERSPEED CHARGING 3.7+++
>40 MILE RANGE
>16HR PLAYBACK
>CHARGE 3 IPADS AND 2 SAMSUNG GALAXIES AT ONCE

Fuck just give us the voltage and amps so we can actually compare products. Then you have people like OP that can't even figure out how to buy replacement chargers so everyone spend $40 on a MACBOOK CERTIFIED CHARGER because the product finder says it'll fit his laptop.
>>
>>54728018
wattage is vxa

that charger you posted will be fine
>>
>>54728033

Thanks! Just to clarify, those were the stats of my charger. Did you mean the powerbank in the OP would be fine?
>>
>>54728074
yes
>>
>>54728121

Ok, thank you very much!
>>
>>54728018
Sure so all you need is a battery bank that has the proper plug for your laptop and can output 19V and AT LEAST 2.1A.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.