[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's a good use for old smartphones? They're a good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
What's a good use for old smartphones? They're a good deal more powerful than, say, a Raspberry Pi.

I have an old Samsung A3 I'm not doing anything with, and it seems a waste. Anyone using their old phone for something cool?
>>
Donate it

Play around with it, learn to install other Android distributions, etc.

Backup just in case phone

Repurpose as a clock, picture frame, music player...

Chuck it in a drawer and forget about it.
>>
I have an old xperia z I would like to use for something.

So also interested.
>>
>>54720756
Wew that got sad quite quickly
>>
>>54720813
gibe it to me
>>
>>54720648
You know that app that was popular for a while?

Sleep recorder.

Put it on your old smartphone, charge the phone or if you can leave it plugged in, put it on airplane mode, and leave it with the app running somewhere in the house out of sight.

In case you ever wonder what happens when you're not home or when you want to go back and recover something that was said.
>>
You can use it as dashcam, hotspot modem, surveillance camera, etc. Having a spare/burner phone is a good thing too

I use mine (samshit galaxy ace) as hotspot modem. Bought a replacement battery, replace the rom with CM ones and voila.
>>
>>54720648
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.icecoldapps.serversultimate&hl=de

http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-one-m8/general/cable-internet-m8-partly-t2923140
>>
>>54722207
That's not happening
>>
I installed cm12.1 on an old s2, use it for casual games and as a music player
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.