[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Realtek so shitty? I've reinstaled and tried everything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: images.png (5 KB, 447x113) Image search: [Google]
images.png
5 KB, 447x113
Why is Realtek so shitty?
I've reinstaled and tried everything and I can't get my speakers to work on the rear audio jack of my MOBO.
A lot of people have problems with this in Win 10. Do you guys know anywhere where I can get an old version of this software/drivers?
>>
>win 10
Kek

Found the problem
>>
>>54718139
common for older chipsets to die on old boards.

just whack a usb soundcard in there
>>
>being part of the crab botnet
>no choice because every motherboard uses their tech one way or another
>>
File: overview.png (777 KB, 1097x796) Image search: [Google]
overview.png
777 KB, 1097x796
>>54718144
Come on, it has to be a way to make it work.
>>54718150
My board is pretty new, its a "ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. Z97-P". What do you guys think this could be?
>>
>>54718139
Why is realtek still around, they look like they're still in the 90s
>>
>>54718172
What is that?
>>
>>54718181
Probably because Realtek undersells their shit. The exact moment people get sick of their garbage they just crap out a new chip that's barely any better than the previous generation and the cycle continues (ALC1150 is just a minor improvement on the ALC889, which was primarily used by Gigabyte).
>>
>>54718177
Ironically it's newer realtek chips that have the most problems since there hasn't been the years of people having problems with it to get fixes made
>>
>>54718177
>My board is pretty new, its a "ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. Z97-P". What do you guys think this could be?
hahah i have the z97m plus and it works perfectly after a bios update and hard reset by taking out the cmos battery

Try that anon it fixed all my weird issues
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.