[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>2016 >all image viewers are still worthless pieces of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 1455807832285.jpg (120 KB, 740x737) Image search: [Google]
1455807832285.jpg
120 KB, 740x737
>2016
>all image viewers are still worthless pieces of shit
>no support for eps and ai or cdr
>just pure fucking shit UX and UI
>>
>>54717109
So stop whinging and go make something better faggot. The world owes you nothing.
>>
>>54717109
Maybe if you used windows you'd have some options that are not shit you dirty gypsy jew
>>
>>54717127
not a chance pajeet
>>
irfanview

next
>>
>>54717126

The world owes me everything. if i had the power i would have reduced you all to mountains of skulls and rivers of blood.
>>
>>54717109
viewnoir
>>
>>54717151

FUCK OFF WITH THIS SHIT MEME FAGGOT FUCK YOU

>you have to install a billion plugins to see common fileypes
>the said plugins still dont work
>unbelievably shitty UX
>stupid as fuck design and icons

JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP SHILL
>>
>>54717170
see
>>54717126
>>
>>54717170
you seem too upset, friend
how may i be of service and help ?
>>
>>54717209

poo on my yard and ill fucking decimate you
>>
>>54717224
>poo on my yard
with very much pleasure, sir
>>
Preview (Mac OS) is pretty good
>>
jpegview?
>>
>>54717109
mpv
>>
>>54717152
underage &b
>>
>>54717109
Honeyview is alright.

I agree that UX and overall application design is net garbage, and that it fully warrants criticism so you can figure out the what and why of how it can be that way. But ultimately, of you want something better, you'll need to do it yourself.
>>
>>54718525
>etb
>>
>>54717170
I agree with this. The whole thing is a suboptimal mess from a user perspective.

All I really want from an image viewer is a streamlined, but not minimaistic for the sake of it, UI. Proper format support, whether that be APNG, MNG, in addition to all the basics (there's no excuse for not being able to decode arithmetic coded jpegs at this point). And a decent set of resampling algorithms. Bicubic and lanczos are not "features", they're the absolute bare minimum. Nearest neighbor needs to be an option as well.
>>
>>54718646
>>54718472
I can do all of that and more.

Also, you forgot to add color management to your “absolute bare minimum” list.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.