[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm going to back up my data and do a fresh install of Windows
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Windows 8.jpg (19 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Windows 8.jpg
19 KB, 800x450
I'm going to back up my data and do a fresh install of Windows 8 on my comp again (gonna update to 8.1 of course).

I had a few questions that I really hope you guys can help me answer

1. How do I activate Windows 8 once i've reinstalled it again? Can I just use the product ID thats on the system info page?

2. Where can I find an official Microsoft ISO to Windows 8 pro (I have to install 8 and then update to 8.1 right?)?

3. After the fresh install what should I use to mirror/clone the partition so I always have a fresh version of windows to restore from?
>>
>>54713007
Why the fuck are you installing windows 8?
>>
File: Windows 8.1.png (2 KB, 276x51) Image search: [Google]
Windows 8.1.png
2 KB, 276x51
>>54713332
Because that's what I currently have, what should I install?

Also do you know if I have 8.1 VL or 8.1 N VL here?
>>
windows 8.1 stores the activation key in the BIOS so you pretty much don't have to do anything but run the installation.
>>
>>54713378
Right but I don't have an ISO of 8.1

Are you telling me if I just download an ISO online i'll be good to go?
>>
>>54713360

Take the free upgrade to windows 10
settings > recovery > reset > remove everything

Its one thing if your on windows 7 and don't want to upgrade, its another thing if your on an os legitimately shittier than vista.
>>
>>54713391
>Take the free upgrade to windows 10
settings > recovery > reset > remove everything

What exactly does this do? Revert me back to 8.1 or something? I'm sorry but I don't exactly follow your logic (although I would be grateful if you explained it)

Also by OS that's shittier than Vista do you mean 8?
>>
>>54713414

It does a clean install of the version of windows your currently running.

And yes, windows 8 is objectively worse than vista.
>>
>>54713570
So what you're telling me to do is...

Back up all of my data. Update to Windows 10, revert to Windows 8.1 and then transfer everything back?
>>
>>54713388
Microsoft literally has their operating systems available for download. You just need a key after you install. With the exception of 7 which needs a key to download.
>>
>>54713378
Where in the BIOS? I've never noticed anything like that when I used Windows.
>>
>>54713007
>Windows 8
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.