[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>eMMC Why are laptops such shit now days /g/? It used to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: drake.jpg (38 KB, 649x350) Image search: [Google]
drake.jpg
38 KB, 649x350
>eMMC
Why are laptops such shit now days /g/?

It used to be i could buy a brand new laptop from dell with at least a 250gb HDD for under $300.

Now $300 barely buys a cheap plastic shell with a soldered flash card for a hard drive lol.
>>
The value of the dollar dropped with inflation, so your money has only 91% as much buying power than it did 5 years ago.

Sacrifices had to be made in order to keep it at rock bottom walmart prices.
>>
>>54711112
But do they really expect people to pay $300 for a laptop they have to throw away when the flash memory runs out of write cycles?
>>
>>54711033
What's wrong with eMMC?

It had all the advantages of flash memory.
>>
>>54711177
Would you use a flash card as your primary hard drive?
>>
>>54711200
I do in my phone and my netbook.
My laptop uses a HDD, and my desktop uses a SSD.

I honestly fail to see the problem.
>>
>>54711235
The problem is you need to be deported.
>>
>>54711176
Yes.
Why do you think poor people stay poor forever?
buy nice or buy twice.

You can see this in action at any community college, everyone ends up buying the cheapest acer laptop sold at the local walmart.
>>
>>54711248
Use external storage and it will last a helluvalot longer.
>>
>>54711302
Or you know, you could just spring another hundred dollars and get a decent machine with an i5 and an ssd?

Or you could just buy a $100 used thinkpad.
>>
>>54711371
$400 won't get you anything close to that. Try 2-3 times as much.
>>
>>54711248
>buy nice or buy twice.
I tell this to people all the time, but they never listen. I have a Galaxy S3 which has been going strong for near 4 years now. Shitty friend buys a Galaxy Grand Prime which cracks in a week. Poorfags never learn.
>>
>>54711391
I bought a S4 Mini for $200 Canadian new and unlocked, still works fine. Really depends on the model. Samsung is kind of retarded like that.
>>
>>54711033
Your best bet is to buy something with a HDD, replace the HDD with an SSD, then sell the HDD or put it in an external enclosure. Worked for me.
>>
>>54711391
I have a grand prime and it still looks like new.
All the samsung phones have identical build quality regardless of whether it cost 50 or 500 dollars.
>>
>>54711247
You sound bitter
>>
>>54711407
Moto /g/ going stronk.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.