[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Plex sucks ass when manging vietnamese girl cartoons. It sometimes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
Plex sucks ass when manging vietnamese girl cartoons.

It sometimes ignores OVAs, it sometimes misnumbers them as episodes to the main series which they aren't.

I even did some bullshit thing so it could pull info from anidb but it still sucks with OVAs.

What should I do to watch my anime on my big ass TV bar hooking my desktop upto it directly?
>>
>>54709162
emby
>>
There's no avoiding the desktop mang. Build an AM1 one, those can be done for under $200 and still have enough juice to decode 10-bit HEVC chinese cartoons at 1080p.
>>
A mouse and a keyboard
>>
>>54709162
Plex just stop being autistic about meta data. If you have the time of day to care about that shit you can update the tags on the individual series on your server your self
>>
>>54709194
What's that?
>>54709211
I could get a Shield TV cheaper and have much less hassle with it then a cheapo build.

Even with an external HDD significantly smaller, less power draw, less noise, and just more pleasant.
>>
>>54709233
It keeps tagging my Macross OVAs as episode main series episodes 1-4.

It also doesn't respond well to some of the files names labeling them episode 99, etc in a series with under 50 episodes

It has to do with that large string of numbers and letters in each file name I know, I don't know what it is honestly probably some kind of ID number.
>>
>>54709248
The 2 GHz Athlon 5350 flagship has a max TDP of 25 watts, that's pretty fucking low power. Also with the shield tv thing you are guaranteed to have trouble with HEVC at 1080p or lower. You sure you're okay with that senpai? At least on the AM1 desktop by the time you get an 8k TV and want to watch 8k 10-bit HEVC chinese cartoons all you will have to do is plug in an R7 graphics cards and use madvr on MPC.
>>
>>54709327
Shield TV has 10 bit great and at half the power draw with less noise and much less space.

Even MATX cases are xbox huge.
>>
>>54709370
pic related 15-27 dB (about ad loud as a very quiet library). It also won't burn 25W unless you push it with prime95. Average power draw playing 10-bit HEVC 1080p video will be like 1/4th of that (6 watts).

You're starting to sound like a shill desu.
>>
>>54709162
Just change the agent to home movies of some shit like that. Also, if you're not using Plex to play shit remotely from outside your home network, then you're using it wrong.
>>
File: retreteter.png (58 KB, 747x575) Image search: [Google]
retreteter.png
58 KB, 747x575
>>54709507
>You're starting to sound like a shill desu.
Because I don't want a huge box shitting up my entertainment center?

I have a fucking AMD GPU you dumb nigger.

(My 3570k is so hot because I am shit at applying thermal paste)
>>
>>54709248
http://emby.media/
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.