[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yo my niggas Whats a good first synthesizer to cippity cop? Was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: akai-miniak-top-view.jpg (171 KB, 1200x750) Image search: [Google]
akai-miniak-top-view.jpg
171 KB, 1200x750
Yo my niggas
Whats a good first synthesizer to cippity cop?
Was thinking of pic related, i want a vocoder so i can record my own quick little samples, so something with a vocoder and pads would seem pretty ideal
>budget: 50-300
>music technology is technology
>>
>>54708714

Save up for a Moog Sub 37.
>>
>>54708752
Fucking this. Own one and its a killer synth
>>
>>54708752
You really cant suggest anything in between no synth and a 1.5k synth? Dont get me wrong, I've got to fiddle around with the classic moog in my college so I'm very interested in getting my own but i dont think i could morally justify spending that much on an instrument at my family's current econ. situation.
>>
>>54708714
The microkorg has a vocoder, and pretty much any of the microkorg clones like the novation mininova. Your pic is also not a bad choice for a first digital synthesizer. There's a good few other choices that are analog (mini/microbrute, timbre wolf, etc.) but they are monophonic and are more for basses and leads than for pads and vocal samples.

Youtube is great for demos and reviews. Ebay and craigslist are your friend. If you buy on craigslist, make sure stuff works before you hand over all that dosh. GL OP!
>>
>>54708714

Have a look at Novation Bass Station 2/UltraNova/MiniNova depending on what your needs are.
>>
Try out a non-hardware synth first. I like Arturia's Prophet V and VS vst. The VS has a great old school horror movie synth vibe and the Prophet V is a great, simple classic.

Use your computer keyboard then consider an actual midi keyboard.

If you insist on the physical route I'd recommend avoiding a synth that has a lot of menu driving. I started with an old Yamaha DX100 which makes some of my favorite synth sounds (some early Aphex twin deflated pads) but the menu driving can be a pain. Synths are first and foremost supposed to be FUN. Knob twisting and turning is where it's at. Of course, I contradict myself by telling you to try a VST first but I think it's good to see what you like and what specific things make the sounds you enjoy.

THere are so many synths out there it's easy to get overwhelmed. IF you want to get overwhelmed check out Legowelt's synth collection on Youtube. He plays them all and you can get an idea of the flavors.

Also I'd appreciate that you try to use the n-word less often. Please take the information I've offered you as a sign of good will with respect to my request.
>>
>>54710278
Shut up you nigger
>>
minilogue op cheap but good polyphonic synth
>>
>>54710278
if you use a soft synth you eat up very valuable monitor screen space
>>
>>54710278
this guy has a point (but i am a hardware slut)
>>
>>54710801

recommend the minilogue. has more analog oomph than the $499 it costs.
>>
>>54710278
Im black so imma call people niggas till the day i die
If you're white and telling me not to use the word i might have to duff the shit outta u

Thanks for the advice tho
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.