[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys I need some help, I have $200 to invest in a tablet,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: MTIwNjA4NjM0MDEyOTkzMDM2.jpg (16 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
MTIwNjA4NjM0MDEyOTkzMDM2.jpg
16 KB, 300x300
Hey guys I need some help, I have $200 to invest in a tablet, and I'll mainly use it to study lectures and save books on.

Any suggestion on which one is the best?
>>
Don't buy a tablet. They aren't actually good for anything. Just stick with a laptop.

If you are being required to buy a tablet specifically, then buy some shitty android one, don't settle for something like an amazon one or an iPad. Either way you are getting a piece of shitware but it really is pick your poison.
>>
>>54708672
Doesn't it feel the same as having a book in hand? Makes reading more enjoyable than on a laptop?
>>
>>54708777
I'll be honest, it really isn't. Fell for the tablet meme a few years back, and it feels more like carrying a slab of light concrete around. One that gets scratched, finger-printed, and generally gunked up easily. If you want the compromise then you can always get a 2 in 1 but those are top-heavy and kind of weird to use. Laptops are also a lot cheaper: You can find a Dell Latitude E6400 for very cheap these days, likely under 200 dollars. You can go the way you want, but tablets tend to get phased out like phones do, while laptops last a lot longer and give you more control in the end.
>>
>>54708836
I already have a laptop, I want a tablet so I can read books in bed or carry it around and walk while reading and stuff like that, my laptop is slightly big so it doesn't feel comfy reading with a laptop in bed or carrying a laptop 24/7 in college.
>>
OP, I got a ThinkPad with an i7 processor, 4GB RAM, and a 500 GB hard drive for $170 on NewEgg about 6 weeks ago. Manufacturer refurbished. Came with an install of windows 7 pro.

Tablets are a waste of money. You get less for your money.
>>
>>54709067
But the battery for that is absolute dog shit and a new one costs 100 $ + alone
>>
Nexus 7 (2013), $220 new, can almost certainly find one for less
>>
>>54709350
I heard that Nexus 7 was really slow and laggy, not even suitable for reading
>>
You can get nexus 7 pretty damn cheap used. 30 dollas for 16gb,of storage and still renders vids fine
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.