[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is hating wireless tec a meme? >Muh delay! You probably
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5
File: 71NUe83tq9L._SL1500_.jpg (156 KB, 1500x1421) Image search: [Google]
71NUe83tq9L._SL1500_.jpg
156 KB, 1500x1421
Is hating wireless tec a meme?
>Muh delay!
You probably can't notice the delay
>Muh having to swap batteries
Some of them can be charged in a station when not in use,
not really that big of a problem other wise

So, yeah. I need a good wireless mouse and keyboard. Any tips?
>>
Can't go wrong with the G602.
>>
>>54707800
>pic is my mouse
nice
>>
used this mouse for about 2 years... Never had to change the batteries.
This shit works perfectly
>>
>>54707800
If someone has problems with delay - buy g900. It has less input lag than any office and majority of gayman mouses.
>>
Use a Logitech M165. Cheap and still using the original battery after 6 months. I think it doesn't drain any battery while you're not using it.
>>
>>54707800
using a wireless logitech m185

nothing wrong with the wireless
>>
>>54707800
I don't like wireless mice, because if someone in my house is streaming or downloading over wifi, my mouse lags like crazy
>>
>>54712538
>my mouse lags like crazy
this
although idk if it's related to streaming. The mouse lags constantly.

Easily outperformed by a $5 USD wired mouse.
>>
>>54712608

Where are the proofs
>>
>>54707838
I got one, and I love it.

I've seen people on here bitching that it's too heavy, but limp wrists abound on /g/ee
>>
I just prefer wired because all the good mice I know are wired, and I don't like the hassle of dealing with wireless mice.
>>
>>54707800
I love my MX Master.
>>
>>54712538
>>54712608
What mice do you two have?
>>
In CS and some really fine aiming fps I notice the lag considerably with wireless vs wired. Otherwise for regular work they are fine.
>>
>>54707838
First post is best post.

Perfect shape and weight imo and the right amount of buttons. Too many buttons and you end up with an autistic shitfest in your hand.
>>
>>54707800
I have the one in your picture, works well enough.
>>
>>54707800
the point is
>introducing a point of failure by introducing a useless feature
not lag or batteries or any other shit. if you have, however, a need for a wireless mouse and keyboard (as in, they don't constantly sit on your desk or your computer isn't constantly sitting on your desk, although that is a weaker reason as you could also be using a hub), the useless feature becomes a useful feature in which case the wireless becomes a trade-off worth making.

as for anything else, i can't respect people for using shit that doesn't produce any benefit for them because they think it's "cool"
>>
>>54715650
less wires isn't a useless feature you dumb basement dweller
>>
File: 81E3jU19NYL._SL1500_[1].jpg (110 KB, 1500x991) Image search: [Google]
81E3jU19NYL._SL1500_[1].jpg
110 KB, 1500x991
The Logitech g700 is both wired and wireless. The wire charges the battery, so no swapping batteries required. I've been using it for ~4 years now and it's still holding up fine. Kind of expensive for a mouse and 7 programmable buttons may be a little excessive, but still I'd recommend it.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
hp wireless mouse from k-mart. wireless keyboard with touchpad from walbogs.
>feels good man
>>
>>54707800
What mouse is this? I'm pretty sure that it was my old mouse that I lost when I moved.
>>
>>54715890
Logitech Marathon M705.
>>
>>54715905
yep thats the one

had it so long it had worn through the rubber on both sides

going to pick up a new one tomorrow

ty anon
>>
>>54715935
Fucking rubber on mine started peeling.

I liked the darkfield smaller laptop version better desu but the m705 was cheaper and I thought it had the same sensor (it doesn't, its not as good).
>>
Well OP there was a time at which wireless tech had some real delay.

There's some mice out there that barely have any delay. Also, the PS3 controller has very little input lag as well. I can barely notice and I'm fucking nitpicky.
>>
>>54715957
my friend has the anywhere mx with the darkfield tracking and he said my 705 was shit in comparison

I liked the heft and battery life of the 705, so I never even looked into it, but I might check out the anywhere mx as well and see if I could live with it
>>
The delay is very real and certainly noticeable.
>>
>>54712538
>>54712608
try changing the wi-fi signal channel, i had this problem only reversed, whenever i used my mouse, my internet speed when to shit. I just had to change the wi-fi channel to something like 11
>>
>>54716019
Dude the mx is fine after you get used to it but if you are comming from dark field its like you suddenly have cerebal palsy or its tracking on sand paper or some shit. Its that huge of a difference, 100% perfect tracking on any surface, its not something you realize is that smooth until you have tried it.
>>
>>54716075
Were talking air hockey vs pachinko here.
>>
File: Logitech_G602.jpg (444 KB, 1600x1516) Image search: [Google]
Logitech_G602.jpg
444 KB, 1600x1516
>>54707800
I have a Logitech G602 'gaming' wireless mouse. I keep it on performance mode all the time and have months of battery, I could probably even extend it further with endurance mode. Never had any problems.
>>
>>54707800
That mouse is godlike. I have owned two and only because I stuffed the first one in my bag when traveling overseas which buggered up the buttons.

It has a great sensor, no noticable lag, weighs fuck all and lasts for months on a couple of AAs.
>>
I have a Logitech G602 that I have been using for a few months after it replaced my faithful Deathadder of 5 years. I've had no issues with it whether gaming or just casual use.
>>
>>54714243
Rite here
>>
Been using one of those logitech laser mice for years now. I don't notice any lag, though then again I don't do FPS gaming nor am I younger than 18.
>>
Relevant for wireless lovers
http://www.overclock.net/t/1598978/a-wireless-mouse-faster-than-logitechs-wired-ones-oh-yes

My personal feeling is Logitech and Microsoft can't even be bothered making decent peripherals any more, they fuck up the materials or the firmware or something every time, also why does every mouse look like a fucking space ship

I bought the G400s and G500s ex-demo units which are poorly made clones of previous mouse (MX500 had better surface, better build, better weight distribution), G500s was made of a dirty feeling slippery texture and required software updates to remove 45ms of lag from factory firmware, also both the cords are paper thin and bound to break before any mechanical problems occur
>>
why is the logitech logo so retareded? It looks like a doodle of a cyclops with a scribbly eye sideways
>>
>>54714642
Seconded.
Pissed that the right mouse button popped off on mine, it's being held in place with electrical tape right now.
>>
Wireless technology that operates in the microwave band likely has negative health effects over time, if not readily.

From a functional perspective, I imagine they can cause interference or drop packets. Though there's no intrinsic need for them to be of a higher latency. Some of them have poor battery life. Etc.
>>
I dream with a full wireless setup to escape this cable pandemonium.
>>
>>54707800
>You probably can't notice the delay
I can notice the delay.

>Some of them can be charged in a station when not in use,
not really that big of a problem other wise
Some of them can't and if they can this eliminates the point of a wireless mouse largely.

>So, yeah. I need a good wireless mouse and keyboard. Any tips?
Logitech does the best wireless mice imo
>>
File: images (12).jpg (14 KB, 528x278) Image search: [Google]
images (12).jpg
14 KB, 528x278
any opinions on this?
>>
>>54707800
you do realize its possible to intercept the communication of wireless keyboards right?

a lot of the older models dont even encrypt anything they just send the keystrokes in plain text over the radio.

anyone sniffing could easily log it.
>>
Has there ever been a real test on wireless vs wired mice on input lag tests? Like high speed cameras?

Also why is nobody mentioning poll rate? That's literally the primary thing that determines mouse responsiveness. Are there any 1000hz wireless mice?
>>
>>54718059
At least it's not sill half-eaten fruit.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.