[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What to do during power interruption?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: power_rangers.jpg (17 KB, 335x150) Image search: [Google]
power_rangers.jpg
17 KB, 335x150
Hi /g/
I live in South America, and I work from home.
I need the computer and internet for my work.
Sometimes, there are power interruptions in my neighborhood, so that's a problem for my work. Those interruptions sometimes last 1 hour, sometimes 4 hours, sometimes the entire day.

I work with a laptop, so I can still use it without power for 3 or 4 hours, and I have a cellphone with 3g internet connection, so I enable the cellphone "hotspot" and use 3g internet from my laptop. However, that 3g internet connection usually is too slow or with too much lag. I need the internet to chat to my co-workers and to connect to servers. Having lag makes me wanna kill myself

Do you have any suggestion on how to keep working even without energy?
Laptop+3g sometimes is not enought as the laptop's battery and or the cellphone's battery runs out, and as I mentioned, the internet connection is too slow.
>>
>>54704636
What part of South America?
>>
>>54704636
Get a fucking power generator or a big enough battery to last your laptop and modem a good amount of time
>>
>>54704636
power invertor for car if you own a car
UPS for charging once for 30 minutes
but my suggestion, get an actual generator holy shit that's terrible
>>
File: argentina.jpg (16 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
argentina.jpg
16 KB, 300x300
>>54704653
OP here
I don't know why you ask, but I live in Argentina
>>
>>54704682
OP here
didn't think of powering the modem.
It needs 15v, 1.5a

Thanks! powering that + my laptop with battery would be perfect
>>
>>54704636
Generator or UPS, maype UPS+Solar
>>>/diy/ might be a better place to ask
>>
120w solar panel, solar charge controller, deep cycle battery (SLA), inverter or just run laptop and other stuff off DC power (with stepup/down).
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.