[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you had $1000 to make a computer for music production what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1463560786973.gif (2 MB, 250x159) Image search: [Google]
1463560786973.gif
2 MB, 250x159
If you had $1000 to make a computer for music production what would it consist of? New to this board and I'm not tech smart; sorry in advance.
>>
read the sticky, install gentoo, then kys
>>
Get a mac, it's the industry standard.
>>
>>54704031
>$1000 to make a computer

get a job you poorfag piece of shit
>>
>>54704031
You don't need a strong GPU (or one at all), 8-12GB ram is enough, an i3 or an i5 CPU.

What I would invest in is an external audio card. Like one from M-audio, that will cost you anywhere from $200 to $400.
>>
You can't really afford electrostatic headphones on that kind of budget, so just get some audio equipment and software. The computer is where you can skimp.
>>
>>54704031
MacBook on sale.
>>
It's of utmost importance that you make sure to get an SSD that counters rotational velocities, so that your sound does not degrade
>>
Music production? 500 for monitors, 500 for the pc
>>
don't get a fucking internal sound card because your signal to noise ratio goes to shit on input

t. old 2009 era soundblaster x-fi
>>
>>54704031
Is this really going to be just for music or do you play vidya too?

Because if it's just for music you only need to worry about CPU + water cooler for OC'ing.
RAM which you could probably do DDR4.
And hard drives.
A few WD Blacks and an SSD 256GB probably.
Would put together a quick build but mobile is ass.
>>
>>54704031
which softwares would you want to use?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.