[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a noob
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 367x171) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 367x171
How do I make a bot? What do I need to learn before I can make one?
>>
File: 2847293874298347.jpg (36 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
2847293874298347.jpg
36 KB, 640x640
>>54700903
just hire a Rakesh to do your dirty work.
>>
Depends on what kind of bot.
For instance, if it's for a chat like chatango or an irc you could program it with python.
If you want it to be used in games and stuff then C and C++ might do the trick.
>>
>>54700929
Thanks man
>>
>>54700917
you really can't trust indians to do this work unless you define the scope so tightly that it's impossible to misinterpret (and even then you have to evaluate rigorously because they'll cut a LOT of corners wherever possible).

if you can define the parameters that carefully and write tests to evaluate, you've basically done all of the hard work of coding. implementing the logic describing the parameters is generally pretty trivial.
>>
>>54700951
You are welcome. Just remember, start small and build your way to the top. Programming can be a frustrating but rewarding experience.
>>
>>54700954
>you really can't trust indians to do this work unless you define the scope so tightly that it's impossible to misinterpret and even then you have to evaluate rigorously

Is it me or does this sound like.... programming?
>>
>>54700976
exactly. which is why i said in the next line that if you're willing/able to do that then you should just write the program yourself.

please read to the end of the post before replying.
>>
>>54701000
but my autism wont allow me to finish a...
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.