[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Microsoft puts you in charge of the Windows Phone team/division/whatever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: Satya-Nadella-quotes.jpg (248 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
Satya-Nadella-quotes.jpg
248 KB, 1500x1000
Microsoft puts you in charge of the Windows Phone team/division/whatever and tasks you with getting Windows Phone up to 30% market share in the US in the next five years. How do you plan to accomplish that?

Keep in mind, if you are successful, Satya Nadella will personally give you a golden loo and a free year of Xbox Live.
>>
it's about the software and then the distribution. basically, they would need a really good, light-weight OS that was designed with small screen sizes in mind. core tasks should be easy and intuitive, and accessible in a logical way from the user interface. the main mobile OS's still have remnants of 2008 in them, and I think now is a good time for some firm to do some rethinking given the increased computational power in mobile devices. historically, it is unlikely microsoft will be the company to do that.

in terms of distribution the OS would most likely need to be free, or very inexpensive: say $20. no dumb sub models or item malls. I would think in the long run it would also be beneficial to target the platform and distribution to middle and high end users, the poo phone market will always be very competitive and price orientated.
>>
>In the US

Impossible

It could dominate developing markets (i.e. India) though
>>
>>54699187
>get holywood jews on the phone
>pay them to use windows phones in top TV series and movies
>>
>>54699354
Microsoft is run by Aryans (just look at Nadella), Hollywood Jews would never listen to them.
>>
>>54699354
They already do this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfHuZ5qrYX4
>>
>>54699367
holywood jews have only one master and they do everything for him.
>>
>>54699187
Make the Surface Phone happen.
>>
I make it free. Run M$ into the ground and accomplish my goal. Sell the loo and year of Xbox Live.
>>
You code exclusively in emojis.
>>
>>54699187
Make a phone that can be used anywhere, even underwater, be easy as fuck to use and have earphones be wireless.
>>
>>54699466
by easy as fuck to use I mean be comfortable and ergonamic, software is important as well however many people overlook the physical element of it.
>>
Ship Android phones and update them to Windows 10.
>>
It would be so easy to fix windows phone and windows desktop for that matter. It boggles my mind that out of 80,000 employees or so that no one at MS has enough brains to do the obvious. its so obvious I cant even give a hint as to what it is they should do so there is no way for me to explain it to anyone and get recognized for having the solution
>>
>>54699487
top fucking kek
>>
File: 1449133683437.jpg (68 KB, 460x383) Image search: [Google]
1449133683437.jpg
68 KB, 460x383
>>54699487
/thread
>>
>>54699280
Complete rewrite. In Android.
>>
>>54699354
They say Applel is only marketing, but didn't you see Sony or Microsoft? They're doing product placement left and right and it does kinda fuckall. Either there is a problem with their product, perceived quality, or they can't into proper product placement.
>>
Step 1. Fork Andriod
Step 2. Microsoft already gets money for each android seat
Step 3. Charge minimal license fee <$20
Step 4. Make bloatware/denying upgrade impossible with license system. System updates are handled by Micro$oft.
Step 5. ???
Step 6. 60% world wide market share
>>
>>54699187
Use Microsoft's millions to hire a crack team of blackhats to develop crippling malware for Android and iPhone, thus making them undesirable. At the same time, harden Microsoft phones to be invulnerable to retaliatory attacks.
???
Profit.
>>
>>54699487
Underrated post.
>>
File: 1448605598902.jpg (31 KB, 630x405) Image search: [Google]
1448605598902.jpg
31 KB, 630x405
>>54699187
>skimming catalog
>see " Satya Nadella will personally give you..."
>think to myself "I would only do it if he gave me a golden loo"
>click post and see all the text
>"... a golden loo and a free year of Xbox Live."

It will be a thousand years before Indians live down the poo meme.

>inb4 they will still be street shitting in 1,000 years
>>
>>54699187
they sold it back to noka at 7.5bn loss
>>
>>54699187
they shouuld have made their mobile devices java
totally

something viable rather than the ropy idea of the month platform or laguage, which they are not capable of doing

$10bn wasted on winrt
>>
>>54701178
hasn't android patented the phone ring
>>
File: microsoft-kin-one.jpg (161 KB, 1000x596) Image search: [Google]
microsoft-kin-one.jpg
161 KB, 1000x596
>>54701949
something they tried with the "kin" - an illustration of exactly why microsoft
messes up

they had a viable java platform but yanked it out, put their own wonky win based crud onto it

http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/02/life-and-death-of-microsoft-kin-the-inside-story/

http://www.zdnet.com/article/microsofts-ho-the-kin-is-not-a-microsoft-phone/

full story was that when they bought it, they had v nice java development on it .. now they're realising that they have to move to linux to get anything viable running -- TOO LATE FOR THEIR PHONE

there is an article that outlines the huge failure of the kin -- it cost a billion and reportedly sold 30k units ... their failures are legendary and serial

the KIN looked really good until microsoft got hold of it

the remains of their failed project went into win phone 7
>>
>>54699187
surface phone
>dual boot with Android
>usb type c
>no spyware
>unlocked everything
>400 usd
>windows logo on back lights up like macbook
>logo light color can be changed in settings
>cool stylus like the note 5 spen
>5.7 inch amoled with 500 ppi or higher
>option to have a mini windows 10 desktop
>cool 99 dollar keyboard cases that slide out from the side so you can type in mini desktop mode
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.