[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be me >information security student >has gentoo installed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1401211317518.jpg (41 KB, 500x620) Image search: [Google]
1401211317518.jpg
41 KB, 500x620
>be me
>information security student
>has gentoo installed
>i write my own code when exploiting.
>college did a ctf.
>I was first and I didn't use any tools except custom ones I made.
>retard that didn't even finish the first chall got a better job because he has a certification, I am broke as fuck and can't afford a cert.

Infosec is a fucking joke, its basically a fucking certification meme. Wewlad
>>
>>54698896
Get a cert then, retard.

Then drown yourself
>>
>>54698896
Also. He has certs and asks me what a bastion host and IPS was....
>>
>>54698914
Broke af at the moment... literally flipping burgers to pay for college.
>>
>>54698927
If you actually thought that kid got a job just because a cert then you'd drop college and use your burger money to get a cert.

But you secretly know that the kid is better than you, and you blame it on anything else except your own shortcomings
>>
>>54698957
Fatass MLP troll detected.

>>54698896
Infosec is cancer, most of the people in that community can't even code well. Study math and programming, you'll be even better than those script kids.
>>
the security industry has always been a joke. atleast you have real hacking skills, find out other ways to make it, or get them lame certs. Or jump into a diff field.
>>
>>54698896
>meme skittles vodka
Oh boy.
>>
Just going to say this, no one on this board was there and for all we know OP sucks. Information security software isn't hard to understand. OP probably didn't get hired so he came here to vent and tell us he is better. Now everyone be his mom and tell him he is special.
>>
I'd be willing to bet that the guy who got a better job than you had better communication and interview skills. He's probably considerably more outgoing than you, or could at least fake it. Entry level jobs out of college care more about your personality and willingness to learn than your gentoo bullshit.
>>
>>54698896
You're probably some unhirable Fedora tipping autist and that's why you can't get a job.
>>
>>54698896
Wanna know how I know you're lying about the cert being the only thing standing in your way?

>be me

LITERALLY r.edditarded.
>>
>>54698896
So the job was not for you guy!
There are tons of opportunities for you, so keep cool!
Now the gentoo and I write my own exploits parts of your story is a bit retarded.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.