[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Intel = NSA botnet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: Straight NSA.jpg (534 KB, 1579x1132) Image search: [Google]
Straight NSA.jpg
534 KB, 1579x1132
I'll just leave this here...
>>
>>54697442
tl;dr
>>
>>54697442
tl;dr
>>
>>54697486
>>54697525
Your firmware has a VNC server and more, and the NSA has the key.
>>
NSA cucked you through Intel.

Enjoy your hot new meme botnet PC.
>>
>>54697442
>tl:dr
intel AMT … enables independent remote access to PCs, independent of the power state of the PC.

Government spying tool thinly veiled as an automated maintenance and service feature.
>>
File: Laundry List of PWNAGE.jpg (590 KB, 1572x934) Image search: [Google]
Laundry List of PWNAGE.jpg
590 KB, 1572x934
Yep, it's a backdoor and all recent (since 2008 or so) Intel processors have it.

Enjoy, suckers.
>>
>tfw the only way to avoid NSA spying is to remain off the grid, but trying to avoid being spied on makes you more suspicious to the NSA
>>
>>54697754
>trying to avoid being spied on makes you more suspicious to the NSA
I don't believe this is true at all. Many people have a range of interests and participation level with shit, staying largely off grid isn't that suspicious.

Every data point you don't emit is probably for the best, compared to emitting it.
>>
>>54697777
I remember reading that the NSA flagged you as suspicious if you made a lot of cash transactions. It makes a lot of sense that the NSA tries to monitor people minimizing their presence on the grid. The NSA is always one step ahead of terrorists technologically, so terrorists more often than not try to be as low tech as possible. Ie: communicating with paper notes and stuff.
>>
>>54697896
>I remember reading that the NSA flagged you as suspicious if you made a lot of cash transactions.

I'm not sure how effectively this can be traced though. Maybe if it's large cash transactions.

>It makes a lot of sense that the NSA tries to monitor people minimizing their presence on the grid.

Yes but their main thrust is to just hoover everything up automatically through National Security Letter mandated backdoors in the infrastructure of the internet, right up to the infrastructure of your very PC and OS. If you're some fucking weirdo in a shack up to no good, you're going to be much more difficult to monitor.

>The NSA is always one step ahead of terrorists technologically, so terrorists more often than not try to be as low tech as possible. Ie: communicating with paper notes and stuff.
From what we've seen here in the USA they use burner phones but rarely even encrypt their emails. In some parts of the world it's probably more down to HUMINT than SIGINT though. But not in the developed world.
>>
Newer Intel machines can wake themselves up from an apparently 'off' state, and gain access to all capabilities listed above remotely, through wired, wifi, or cell phone data networks.
>>
>>54697966
It's fairly easy to track if someone is using cash primarily. All you have to do is look at their bank history, and if they deposit and withdraw a lot of cash while making relatively few transaction over debit/credit card, then they get flagged as suspicious.

And the NSA knows that being a weirdo in a shack makes you harder to monitor, which is why they put more effort into spying on you if you don't do normal things like live on the grid so to speak.
>>
>AMT is in vPro machines
>my 4770K doesn't have vPro
coolio
>>
>>54698068
>It's fairly easy to track if someone is using cash primarily.
If they're doing nothing to conceal it, sure.
>And the NSA knows that being a weirdo in a shack makes you harder to monitor, which is why they put more effort into spying on you if you don't do normal things like live on the grid so to speak.
The NSA is tasked exclusively with foreign intelligence collection, the FBI is the agency combing the backwoods for freaks in shacks.
>>
>>54697999
Macs don't have this. Thinkpads do, and lenovo advertises it as a good thing.

>Falling for the memes
>>
>>54698178
>Macs don't have this.
Prove it.
>>
>>54698129
>doesn't have vPro
That you know of anyway.
>>
>>54698129
>>54698178
Any recent Intel machine may have vPro / iAMT even if it's not a listed feature.
>>
A long time ago there was a girl who believed she was being spied upon through her computer. This was maybe in 2004 or so. The thing was, her infection appeared to transfer itself from machine to machine in her house, and also persist in certain hardware and re-infect a brand new machine when installed there.

She called it subversion hack. Maybe she was a bit nuts but none of it was out of the realm of technical capability, now that we know some of the things that Snowden was talking about.
>>
>>54697999
mine does wake up from standby but i suspect its some sort of windows 7 termal thing
>tfw being on a list
>>
God you people are fucking paranoid.

It literally has "on wired connection" on almost all of the important remote abilities, and they're all more remote low level control and basic info than they are VNC servers like one yard up above is claiming.

I'm sure all you retards that are sperging out about this run Windows 7 and think that there's no NSA spying when it's had a backdoor since it released.

The NSA spies on everything you do, and there is very little you can do to avoid it besides going full crazy and encrypting all communications and being completely off the grid. If you can't avoid it the best way to hide is in plain sight.
>>
File: UKUSA_Map.svg.png (258 KB, 1920x848) Image search: [Google]
UKUSA_Map.svg.png
258 KB, 1920x848
>>54698147
It's a good thing the NSA doesn't work with allied intelligence agencies to get around the "no domestic spying" thing.
>>
>>54698533
Good point anon.
>>
>>54698178
>Macs don't use intel
>>
>>54698483
Hey look guys, it's either a shill or a guy who was in cryostasis until recently.
>>
>>54698659
LOL.

ARM probably doesn't have the botnet, AMD CPUs might.
>>
bumnp
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.