[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We dun goofed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
We dun goofed?
>>
>>54694952
We won, anon
>>
chrome os will be used on phones finally?
>>
hopefully Oracle wins so Android is finally killed
java deserves the death
>>
>>54694974
Isn't chrome OS just android with extra botnet?
>>
>>54694952
no
>>
>>54694999
no
It's a gentoo based system with chrome as the GUI
>>
>>54694999
I had a Chromebase for a minute. Basically yeah, it felt like Chrome browser with a file manager stuck on. It needs a lot of work to be viable as a primary OS. Adding Android will help though.
>>
Would Chromebooks be good as a college laptop?
>>
>>54695034
Nope. In fact they're literally worse than $30 android phones.
>>
>>54694974
I think Google will integrate Chrome OS and Android more and more, but they will still remain separate products. They did something to make it easy to port Android apps to Chrome OS.

>>54695034
Depends on your major and what you need to use it for. Some majors require more than just using your computer to take notes and write essays.
>>
>>54695034
it's just a chrome browser laptop
so you decide
>>
>>54695034
If you only need to do documents (through google drive) and web browsing yeh, it's serviceable
>>
File: Pixel.jpg (223 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
Pixel.jpg
223 KB, 1920x1280
Just looked into the expected timeline of support for this. My old C710 will likely never see the light. Time to buckle down and buy one of these sexy beasts?
>>
>>54694952
That logo looks fucking hilarious. I want a hat like that now.
>>
File: Samsung_256GB_microSD-970-80.jpg (98 KB, 970x545) Image search: [Google]
Samsung_256GB_microSD-970-80.jpg
98 KB, 970x545
>>54696364
>Chrome OS
Just get a surface pro you dumb fuck. The atom 64GB internal storage + micro sd slot version is like $400. Then wait for pic related to go below $200.
>>
File: 1462987271905.gif (366 KB, 140x160) Image search: [Google]
1462987271905.gif
366 KB, 140x160
>>54695065
> more than just notes and essays
Other than arts/GD/Media and CS, I can't think of anything that won't just let you use the lab for intensive stuff
>>
>>54696364
No disk (dvd/Bluray) support. Shitty internal storage, you'll have to lug an external HDD with you everywhere. No support for installing ANY software aside from extensions, and maybe now Android apps. Your choice.
>>
>>54697680
I majored in civil engineering for a year. Even in freshman year, we had to use a few programs. Matlab was the main one. I switched to forestry and having ArcGIS available on your own computer was pretty convenient as well. And I've only done one semester of that so far, I'm guessing I'd use it more often in the future.

And yeah, the lab is an option. But it's inconvenient as it's not always open and stuff. It's just easier to be able to work natively on your own computer. Although does Chrome OS support Microsoft's remote desktop whatever it's called? My college had a virtual lab where you could log into it and it would have all the software installed that was relevant to your major.
>>
>>54695027
You forgot the exta botnet part
>>
>>54697867
Yes you can use rdp from chromeos
>>
>>54696462
>256GB

holy shit, I though we reached the limit at 200GB. I thought any smaller and memory cells would become too unstable or something like that
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.