[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
pedantic semantics general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1419608046320[1].jpg (10 KB, 181x129) Image search: [Google]
1419608046320[1].jpg
10 KB, 181x129
Please explain to me the difference between:

1.) Software Developer
2.) Software Engineer
3.) Coder
4.) Programmer
5.) Developer
6.) Hacker
>>
>>54694716
> Software Engineer
Tells the developer what to do
> Software Developer
Develops the program, designs it
> Coder
Implements what the developer gives him
> Programmer
Same as above
> Developer
Same as Software Developer
> Hacker
Does software development un-professionaly, software usually breaks after time
>>
>>54694716
>number dot parenthesis
are you retarded...?
>>
>>54694768
/thread
>>
>>54694768
>> Software Engineer
>Tells the developer what to do

Isn't that the manager? Dev and engineer are the same
>>
>>54694778
>paying this much attention to something so minor
>>
>>54694716
let's just say I'm not 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 ;)))))))
>>
1.) Programmer
2.) Programmer
3.) Programmer
4.) Programmer
>>
>>54694716
From amount of control over the project and liberties: Software Engineer -> Programmer/Developer -> Coder

SoftEngs mostly oversee the work of coders and programmers while writing very little code by themselves.
>>
>>54694716
>Hacker
This guy knows what he/she is doing (This is the guy you call when you actually need a problem solved or you're doing some real shit and not writing cross-platform calendars.), the rest are just code-monkeys. Although they might believe otherwise due to their stupidity, which shows in the fact that they accept retarded titles like "coder " or "software engineer" to make themselves look cool meanwhile no "software engineer" ever used the actual methods of engineering except for some babby tier systems engineering sometimes.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.